Gullit remembers Davie Cooper.

LisburnLoyalBear

14xcgw3.jpg

Always gets me, that clip of Cooper sitting next to Ray Wilkins in the Scotsport studio, and that clip of Gullit being interviewed and him name checking Cooper as one of the best he’d ever played against.

Cooper was genuinely humbled and chuffed to bits. As we all were for him.

Rest in peace Coop (and Ray too).

Was watching the clip earlier when Gullit speaks about Coop and he is in the studio with Ray Wilkins, so sad that we have lost these two fantastic men at such a early age, life is cruel at times.

Do you have a link mate? Not seen it for years.

Hairs on the back of my neck standing when reading that. Always remember my dad showing me the clip of Gullit talking about him from years ago as I didn’t believe him.
You always got the impression from Gullit, when he was a CL pundit on Sky, that he really knew football and was a huge fan of the game (unlike Stephen Thomson). This speaks volumes for and gives real credibility to his admiration for Cooper.

I love the fact that RG admired Super Coopers skills. “One of the best I have played against.”
Think about that!! He played at the highest of highest levels in European football and became a world icon with his dreads, and yet, he remembers and admired Davie Cooper, the Rangers winger,from Hamilton.

Imold enough to have seen the best ever player to grace the blue jersey in the flesh and it's a shame so few bears nowadays have that privilege a magician on the ball taken from us far to soon

Imold enough to have seen the best ever player to grace the blue jersey in the flesh and it's a shame so few bears nowadays have that privilege a magician on the ball taken from us far to soon

A ridiculously good footballer but also a decent, polite and well-mannered bloke. Every inch a Ranger.

I remember as a kid looking down to the inside warm-up area from the East enclosure was something i would do every time i was there.It always seemed to be Davie playing heady tennis or just striking the ball.
What a loss he has been.

First time I’ve watched that clip, tremendous stuff. Davie looks so happy with the comments

My dad n uncle loved cooper always telling me about him when a was younger the goal against the poets in drybourgh cup final was genuis also that pass to durrant just wow

I have permission from The Glasgow Cabbie to post the above poem. He has offered to distribute copies of the poem at next year’s event and also recite the poem to the congregation at the statue.
If next year’s event is being organised by Greg McKenna can anyone who knows Greg please let him know and put him in touch with me. Thanks.

One ex player who wouldn’t have toed the anti Rangers pro celtic line
Probably would have thought for our club too.

Back