Guy that used to stand on the park at half time with a mic

VelvetThunder

Just having flashbacks to going to the games when I was younger, maybe 15 years ago and there was always a guy on the park at half time talking nonsense. Was he supposed to be a comedian or was he just giving the scores and other updates? My memory isn’t the best.

It seems like the kind of thing that would go down like a lead balloon nowadays but I presume he must have had decent support because I think he was there for a few years.

Last edited:
Who can forget the red hot chilly pipers at the man United game ?

I actually would like to hear us run on to the pitch to the theme “ The Gael “ from the last of the mohicans, imagine how inspiring that would be on a big European game ?
Who can forget the Chinese New Year celebration, I said to the guys beside me I hope they don't have Covid....

Andy Cameron being attacked by an Aberdeen fan and saying, ‘he must have seen I was wearing my sheepskin’ as the boy was huckled out was the highlight of the lot.
Was about to post the same. What an atmosphere that day. Was near the end of the season and we beat them 3-1 I think. Amato and Wallace scored. Andy was getting everybody to sing Every Other Saturday

Just having flashbacks to going to the games when I was younger, maybe 10 years ago and there was always a guy on the park at half time talking nonsense. Was he supposed to be a comedian or was he just giving the scores and other updates? My memory isn’t the best.

It seems like the kind of thing that would go down like a lead balloon nowadays but I presume he must have had decent support because I think he was there for a few years.
Shogun would be good

Nah was a guy that looked and sounded like him. George was too busy at Mortim supporting them every week.
Mortim? No chance. Here's the last time Morton played the smellies:

Tim Bombadil wrote:I'm on those highlights
:ph43r:

Was anyone involved in the trouble after the game or does anyone have any clue what happened?

My wee Niece said that there was "riots" outside the ground but like all teenagers, has a fondness for exaggeration.

I saw loads of police cars heading in the direction & the local rag is reporting that there were 3 arrests in a "large scale disturbance"?

Must be the local Huns/Morton fans causing trouble or the legendary MSC
:arrr:
:lol:

http://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/news ... tic-clash/
wrote:SEVERAL football supporters were arrested during Morton's cup clash with Celtic at Cappielow last night.

Three are expected to appear at Greenock Sheriff Court today following an incident after the fourth round Scottish Cup game, which Morton lost 1-0.

Police said there was a 'large-scale disturbance' in East Hamilton Street at the junction with Sinclair Street as fans were leaving.

During the game, a smoke flare was set off among Celtic supporters behind the Morton goal.

Who can forget the red hot chilly pipers at the man United game ?

I actually would like to hear us run on to the pitch to the theme “ The Gael “ from the last of the mohicans, imagine how inspiring that would be on a big European game ?
Was there not some council scheme version of the 3 Tenors at some point?

Back