Guy that used to stand on the park at half time with a mic

When you read through all these posts about the match day entertainment from down the years, and you look at that flag day last weekend, you realise how much things have dropped off.

Can remember the 3 Tenners getting a gig before a Champions League game during Big Ecks time.

His wife and son had season tickets for years a couple of seats away from me in MRR at least up to 2012. He was in place a couple of times and son came with probably a pal more as he got older. Hope he still comes.

His wife and son are Rangers fans.
He said on Simon Ferry podcast he was a Celtic supporter growing up. Follows Morton now apparently

Was about to post the same. What an atmosphere that day. Was near the end of the season and we beat them 3-1 I think. Amato and Wallace scored. Andy was getting everybody to sing Every Other Saturday
I’m sure it was a Sunday game and we won 5-0 after the sheep fan ran at him then shat it at the last second

either way your right the atmosphere was brilliant after that.

I always think it was one of best non old firm/ European/ etc games I’ve been at for atmosphere

His wife and son are Rangers fans.
He said on Simon Ferry podcast he was a Celtic supporter growing up. Follows Morton now apparently
His son def wore a scarf and celebrated like a true ger - his wife was a bit more reserved maybe cos her man was sometimes on pitch - would it be sexist to say she was a looker as well!:))

Last edited:
Anyone remember the crossbar challenge when Green was there?
Was meant to be £50k rising to a million for the last game of the season.
Can remember it happening a couple of times and the guys attempting it barely getting the ball to reach the penalty area.
I doubt they would have received anything if they had hit the crossbar though.

I used to love the beat the goalie comps. Some fat guy running up, taking about a fortnight to get to the goal and then hitting a trundler miles wide.

This was by far the best half time entertainment, can't remember if Covid ended it or it's been gone for years. Another one not mentioned yet - really shite cheerleaders 10/15 years ago.

I remember being up for a game when these girls were on at half time, a guy behind me in the then Govan Rear shouts out at the top of his voice “enough of the dancin girls, tits oooooott” :p
Example (Link)

Canny remember the link below Scotland Day at Ibrox? must have been in queue for blue nose burger. Red Hot Pipers good but not best display by the girls start 3:30
Scotland Day at Ibrox (Link)

Last edited:
Didn’t two guys who were in big brother come out? Maybe that was the half time draw, pj and Dave or something like that

I know a couple of the folk who were part of that. None of them were rangers fans but spoke really highly of the club, treated well and were blown away but Ibrox. Also knew full well how random it was.
Was a mate of mine who was involved in organising it, him and his brother are big blue noses

Andy Cameron being attacked by an Aberdeen fan and saying, ‘he must have seen I was wearing my sheepskin’ as the boy was huckled out was the highlight of the lot.
I remember the Aberdeen fan running up behind him and everybody trying to shout to warn him. Andy turned round at the last minute and the guy shat himself. To be honest, the guy was getting slower the closer he got to him. Clearly a bigger pitch than he realised!

One half time presentation a bit different for former players I remember was Tom Sutherland a US based Scot who was held hostage for years in Lebanon at same time as Terry Waite. He had actually played for Gers -I think got a bit emotional.

Last edited:
Was a mate of mine who was involved in organising it, him and his brother are big blue noses
I work with one of the girls that was on the pitch, probably just her and her mate speaking for themselves. Didn’t know the organisers were one of us.

I remember an Aberdeen fan ran on the park and attacked him. Was at the game, only about 7 or 8 so around 1999?
Was coming on to post this. I reckon it was about 2001. Cameron had been giving them a bit of banter. Guy ran on and pushed him then put his arms up almost like he was celebrating. Andy cameron burst out laughing. In hindsight its amazing nobody ran on to get at him.

Back