H&H daily update.

tenor.gif

I am paying £1.99 a month and somebody mentioned earlier there is an Italian football pod. Is this on the £1.99 a month subscription or do you need to pay £3.99 a month to get it?

I am paying £1.99 a month and somebody mentioned earlier there is an Italian football pod. Is this on the £1.99 a month subscription or do you need to pay £3.99 a month to get it?
Just checked - it's a $3.99 show.

I pay the $3.99 and the amount of content is utterly phenomenal.

A staunch Netflix (Protestant Prime?) for less than the cost of a wanky coffee per month.

Edit: use of the dollar sign is intentional

For all the new bears signing up today,for those interested in the history of the club I highly recommend the war years which goes through season by season of rangers during the Second World War.
Thanks DBN.

There are lots of series type shows to go back and binge on. Check out the archives.

Just checked - it's a $3.99 show.

I pay the $3.99 and the amount of content is utterly phenomenal.

A staunch Netflix (Protestant Prime?) for less than the cost of a wanky coffee per month.

Edit: use of the dollar sign is intentional

Thanks. I have upgraded to the £3.99 a month. Love Italian football so will listen to the boys speak about it.

We have thought about it in the past but it would require people to not be who they are. I’m not for self-censorship as once people get in that mindset you don’t get true opinions. Plus, sometimes, it’s apt. With that, we consciously made the decision that it wasn’t for kids and that adult themes and language would be used.

I understand this won’t suit everybody and may cost us some listeners but I think it’s for the best.
Industrial language is sometimes unavoidable and yesterday was one of those occasions pal .

For me, H&H is a life-saving way of keeping up to date from afar, in an informed way. Not your SMSM shite. Don’t always agree with everything I hear but that’s part of the conversation, just like talking to your mates in the pub or whatever. See yeez soon lads!

Would be good to get them over for a live show in your place.

To any new subscribers on the 3.99 tier.

David and Martyn's "Murray & Me" series is outstanding. It is essential listening to all Bears.

I was also going to 2nd @dublinbluenose regarding @vanderhogg 's War Years but in a Corbyn-esque move, his attack on 7.99 subscribers means Cammy is better placed if David ever needs a successor! ;)

I don't know if it's still on the network but the short-lived David & Scott show is outstanding. With it's rarity and boundary-pushing content, I like to think of it as H&H's very own version of Prince's Black Album. :))

David and Martyn's "Murray & Me" series is outstanding. It is essential listening to all Bears.

I was also going to 2nd @dublinbluenose regarding @vanderhogg 's War Years but in a Corbyn-esque move, his attack on 7.99 subscribers means Cammy is better placed if David ever needs a successor! ;)

I don't know if it's still on the network but the short-lived David & Scott show is outstanding. With it's rarity and boundary-pushing content, I like to think of it as H&H's very own version of Prince's Black Album. :))

just signed up today and have been scrolling through the content trying to decide what to listen to. I'll give this a listen. cheers

just signed up today and have been scrolling through the content trying to decide what to listen to. I'll give this a listen. cheers

Archive: https://heartandhandarchive.com/show-list/

Series (boxset style) shows I'd advise from archives to ease yourself in:
1. The Time Capsule
2. The Advocaat Years
3. Eck Era
4. War Years
5. The 50 Greatest Gers Goals Ever (this was fun)
6. Some of the interviews.

Just my opinion.

Archive: https://heartandhandarchive.com/show-list/

Series (boxset style) shows I'd advise from archives to ease yourself in:
1. The Time Capsule
2. The Advocaat Years
3. Eck Era
4. War Years
5. The 50 Greatest Gers Goals Ever (this was fun)
6. Some of the interviews.

Just my opinion.

thanks. Is there a patreon App. I'm clicking on the link that says 'Check out this creator on the patreon App' but this takes me to the google store and says 'item not found' ?

I don't understand those supporters who watch sportscene and/or listen to rc ssb when we have our own H&H with intelligent and informative discussions about our team and club.
Daily update is essential for our fans.

The podders (is that right lol) are amazed they have as much as 4 thousand subscribers, I’m amazed it’s not double that.

Last edited:
thanks. Is there a patreon App. I'm clicking on the link that says 'Check out this creator on the patreon App' but is takes me to the google store and says 'item not found' ?

If you have an apple phone ( tho I’m sure it’s the same on Android), open the podcast app and there is an option to add your own rss link. Once you sign up you through Patreon you can get a personal code that you copy and paste in the podcast app and you will automatically get the latest episodes ( and the option to look through the previous episodes).

This is the instructions I used

Absolutely phenomenal content and for bears overseas like myself a lifeline to our club. Couldn't imagine not having the daily update every day.

thanks. Is there a patreon App. I'm clicking on the link that says 'Check out this creator on the patreon App' but this takes me to the google store and says 'item not found' ?

Seems a Google Store issue just now. @Kanye West will tell you what to do. Colin - take offline with Bigfoot?

One thing you can guarantee is always some great content - i like the way it has expanded beyond just rangers into areas like other leagues (even if I'm not interested/don't listen to those!) and sports (The American one is great for those of us with an interest in the NFL) .

As a music fan, I like the music stuff @David Edgar has done (Even if you are wrong about Queen - you need to look beyond the singles and embrace the humour!)

And the Quintessential Pub Quiz is the best non-specifically Rangers show on the network!

There is a playlist on Spotify of all the music that has been used in the Daily Update.

Also, go back and listen to my Daily Tale on October the 30th!

Every single evening of life I walk the dog and listen to the daily update. It’s fucking baltic tonight and I actually extended the walk to listen to the full update. Excellent listening as always and captured my mood perfectly.

This is me every day as well
The length of time my dog gets walked is directly proportional to the length of time of whatever H&H pod I’m listening to

I’ve jusy upgraded to £3.99 but can’t find Murray and me on the website?

Fairly sure if today’s update went out free they’d be a host of subscriptions on the back of it imo.
Hopefully much of the sentiments and comments find their way into the free flagship Monday. DE mentioned a subscriber lift after yesterdays update so logically the same potential on Monday evening?

Cool. Look forward to it.

I had never heard of Vampire Weekend until now... but getting a kind of Paul Simon (one of my favourites) vibe off some of their songs so going to listen to more stuff now.

Yeah, there’s a real Graceland or even David Byrne world music vibe. First album is a classic.

Been a listener since early 2011 and a subscriber since day one on Patreon.

Cracking content with some superb insight on all matters Rangers and beyond - the two live shows I’ve attended have been excellent as well.

Kudos to David and all the other guys and girls that make the site what it is, have really enjoyed seeing the pod grow from what it was to what it is now and long may it continue.

Protestant David... up to no good as usual...

"John Lewis has apologised for its Christmas advert after it left children 'traumatised'. The retailer's festive advert featuring an excitable dragon called Edgar hasn't been a hit with everyone.

Protestant David... up to no good as usual...

"John Lewis has apologised for its Christmas advert after it left children 'traumatised'. The retailer's festive advert featuring an excitable dragon called Edgar hasn't been a hit with everyone.

to be fair the resemblance is uncanny!! :D

Back