H&H, Evolution of a Revolution - part three

It is an excellent listen.
That season was very similar to the previous season, we didn't have the consistency to maintain our title challenge in the new year. It seemed that our squad in the midfield and attack wasn't strong enough. There were some signs of progress though, an astonishing performance in the Europa League to take us to the last 16, our first win at the Tattydome for yonks and coming oh so close to winning the league cup against them. Although Celtic had won 2 of the 3 Old Firm games, we certainly were by far the better team in the league cup final and in the away league win. The additions of Kent and Aribo looked to have potential. Unfortunately the season was curtailed, could we have caught them? Probably not, but it would have been interesting to see if we could beat them a couple more times and narrowed the points gap. I never thought Steven would leave, I think his comments may have been misconstrued. Perhaps he meant he wanted to review his approach to the job.

Currently listening, they've all been excellent so far.

I went back and watched the Hamilton game highlights not that long ago (glutton for punishment) and whilst I can just remember being dejected at the time, looking back at it it's honestly incredible how we never scudded them that night.

Another great episode this week guys, not the best set of results to go over but it hit him that we were very close to Gerrard chucking it and thankfully we still the European games and then covid otherwise this year could have been a whole lot different.

Thank you for putting all this together. Some really bad memories in there for sure, however taking a look back at those pivotal moments is cathartic. Lots of great memories too, especially Braga, Porto and our European evolution.
Looking forward to the next pod. I will sit back with a couple of whiskeys and savour the memories.

What an episode! @David Edgar I have a similar story to yours on the League Cup Final day. My mate stupidly parked on their side of Hampden, so when we were walking to the ground we were right bang in the middle of them while they were singing their awful songs etc. It wasn’t a good experience, so I can’t imagine what it was like for you being in that car driving through as that lot clock you:oops:

This series is absolutely superb. It more reflects my own experience and those of other fans I know than any social media or even fan site like FF can ever do. The balance is superb.

Two things I would love to understand though, in light of the comments of Tav and Kent that were discussed in this episode, is why have our January/February domestic slumps not been replicated in Europe?

The other issue I have trouble understanding is why we as a support fail to see player/staff/team improvement over time as a natural path now? So many negative comments seem based around the status quo being maintained indefinitely. A player who makes a mistake two weeks in a row "never learns", even if that mistake doesn't happen again for the next six months.

I hope this series teaches some of us patience, if nothing else. Great work guys.

This series is absolutely superb. It more reflects my own experience and those of other fans I know than any social media or even fan site like FF can ever do. The balance is superb.

Two things I would love to understand though, in light of the comments of Tav and Kent that were discussed in this episode, is why have our January/February domestic slumps not been replicated in Europe?

The other issue I have trouble understanding is why we as a support fail to see player/staff/team improvement over time as a natural path now? So many negative comments seem based around the status quo being maintained indefinitely. A player who makes a mistake two weeks in a row "never learns", even if that mistake doesn't happen again for the next six months.

I hope this series teaches some of us patience, if nothing else. Great work guys.

That’s something we’ll touch on in the conclusions. The fact is when we as fans say a player ‘will learn’ we mean ‘by next game’. You are correct though, it doesn’t work like that. It’s gradual. Evolution if you will!

Back