H&H post match

I thought it was very well put that this was the season we needed them.

It resonates because that is what the players do-represent the club and supporters at any given time. And of all the fucking years we needed them to raise their game they did it.

If it was your daughter getting A’s at the right time or your wife smashing an interview she needed you’d laud it for itself but for the crucial time the plate was stepped up to.

And to H&H... this season better get the absolute pish ripped out of it-fans contributions, game by games, time capsules, I want it all or I’m gonnae kick up fu.ck and demand my chief exec phonecall.

Without blowing smoke up Davids arse.

Everything he said made my heart rate go up.

Made me proud, he just gets the moment we are all feeling.

love it, his comments are turned off for a reason, but it excludes me from telling him how much I enjoy his channel.

How the hell did you get through that without blubbering @David Edgar? Absolutely fantastic words. Something changed during that Livingston game the other day, in every single one of us. We're now finally accepting how big this is, how much blood sweat and tears have got us here. It's the beginning of something, but the emotion is because it's the end of the absolute sh*te we've endured for years (at whatever point each person realised what was going on). This was our goal from 2012 and we've achieved it. The men involved in getting us there will never be forgotten.

Thanks David, that was your best match report so far. I'm old and it reminded me of my pals no longer with us. Brian Gibbons who was my buddy in the Govan rear for 18 years, God bless big man.

Heart and Hand is part of my every day life now, it’s been huge in keeping me going at times. I’ve spoke to David once or twice on Twitter and at live shows and he’s a proper gent. Their ever expanding success makes me smile and I hope that they are the conduit for fan led media for years to come!!

well done to all at HH.

I lost my Brother in September to stomach cancer, he was the one who got me into football at a young age, he was relatively young at 55 and was the fittest guy i knew. words can't express how much i want him here now to see this title win, I got him a brick on the 5 star panel for his 40th and it pains me to know I can't visit it just now but despite the pain and suffering we have all had to endure over the past ten years, they people we have all lost, the posters from the old boards no longer with us and the uncertainty thinking our club may be gone.
We have endured... we have all fought our own personal little battles to keep the clubs name alive, whether that is sticking up for the club at work, social media or friends, putting your money into the fighting fund, marching to the steps of Hampden with Sandy, standing shoulder to shoulder with Bomber on the Ibrox steps, screaming the charlatans in their marquee at the AGM and having to endure kick after kick from other Scottish Football fans over the past ten years.
I salute each and every one of you tonight. I have never been prouder than I am right now to be a Rangers Supporter

I lost my (big) brother 3 years ago, he loved the Rangers we talked about them together eveytime we met and that was literally eveyday, I wish he was here to celebrate with me, il just have to sing louder, bounce higher and party for the two of us, watching this post brings it all home. We all are the Rangers Family. #55

I hope you’re prepared mate.

If that was me, my wee brother would better be getting ready to empty himself for about 4 months for me.

Im sorry for your loss but yes, sing louder and bounce higher. Everything he would have done.

Thanks David echoing us all, been a shit 10 yrs, been brought up with success, good words, our club would never die, there has always been shit times, but the last ten years will will always be the worst. Onwards and upwards, but don’t forget our enemies in this, and make their hell come true.

Beautiful poignant report of today's events in the post match from @David Edgar .
One thing I remember about David's early H&H pods were his upbeat outros. Listening way back when Rangers were in the 2nd division, before youtube and patreon, David's closing words were all about our come back, not just competing at the top again, but winning titles, it was inevitable, just a matter of time, and all because we are Rangers and we are the people. Great stuff.
Today was the arrival of what David was telling H&H listeners was coming while we endured our banter years. The good times are back in full swing, and the restoration of our reputation is complete. Who knew David was a prophet!

I've been a Bear since my first game in 1969, aged 5, and have seen many a title win over those years. 1975 and 1987 were always for me THE extra special championships but this season surpasses even those two as far as I'm concerned.

Rangers were a basket case in April 2018 and I seriously was thinking back then we might never win a championship ever again, such was the total clusterfuck that we'd become. They were beating us with ease back then and I will never forget the way I felt that day they beat us 5-0 and they eased up with 30 mins or so to go. To go from where we were that day to where we are now, and in so much style, is nothing short of remarkable in just 3 years. There were bumps along the way but the improvement was there year on year and we just had to be patient and it was obvious we were getting there.

But the way we've done it this season has blown me away and I thank everyone connected with the club, from Dave King, The Three Bears, all of The Board, Stevie Gerrard and Gary McAllister and the players, and all those who work at The Stadium, in whatever capacity, for what they've given us this season. We have our club back where it belongs, at the top of the tree in Scotland and a force to be reckoned with in Europe. You are all so very special and you have become legends, and rightfully so.

And thank you also @David Edgar for a wonderful video. I only signed up to Heart and Hand in October and I regret leaving it so long. You've put into words in that video what we are all feeling tonight and I'm not ashamed to say I've shed a wee tear whilst watching it. Well done to you and all the guys at H & H and here's to so much more success in the future.

Just had a look back. Listed to my first episode on 4th August 2010. Got me through some dark times football wise when the shit hit the fan. Sharing the lowest lows with our own got me bye.
Genuinely want to thank all involved for reassuring the many thousands that even in the darkest days, we had a cause and a duty to those who went before us, to keep the faith. They were the people. We are the people. Well done Davy boy. You’ve made Kilwinning proud.

I, like David Edgar, was in the vanguard of trying to shine a light on David Murray's mismanagement of Rangers. Even in the trophy laden days, we and many others warned that the Club was heading for trouble under Murray's stewardship, and that we were eventually proved prophetically correct, was as agonising to us as it was to all Bears.
While David Edgar put his eloquent self in the front line I was more of a foot soldier. I know what a personal price he paid for this, and the rancour he faced from Murray's friends in the SMSM and from the ranks of some Rangers fans who put loyalty to Murray before the Club. He has more battle scars than many.
David related a story to me back then about the first time he sat across the table from David Murray and what this Knight of the Realm said to him. It's his story to tell so I'm not going to divulge or betray his confidence here. Suffice to say I found it so repugnant that if I had the choice of sharing a bottle of vintage wine from David Murray's cellar with him or a pint in Tennent's Bar with TLB then I would be heading for Byres Road.
I, like you fellow Bears, can't be inside Ibrox to personally witness what Stevie Gerrard and his team are achieving now. We watch from afar the glory they are bestowing on us, and supplying us with memories that will glow in our hearts for ever more and that we will regale our children and grandchildren with.
I'm pleased that David Edgar is in Ibrox to bear testimony to these glorious days representing us and relating it to us through his work as supporter/journalist . His obvious emotion is both personal and universally shared by Rangers Fans everywhere.

I really hope Stevie Gerrard catches this as David Edgar nailed his/our feelings perfectly there, he will then realise that he is not just a manager of a "football club" but an institution that has 100's of thousands of David Edgars in its midst.

I think @David Edgar has spoken for all Rangers fans this evening.

Today has been by far the most significant day, possibly in the history of the Football Club, because of the circumstances behind all the emotions and the joy, the releasing of all that pain and suffering and just that moment of sheer love that we all have for the club. It’s all just erupted into raw emotion.
The club have brought us to this point today, and it’s very difficult to imagine a day better than today (so far). When we are confirmed as champions and when we get our hands on the trophy, today’s emotions will be intensified by probably x100000000000.

Great summary David Edgar, one voice that speaks for many thousands of us and how we feel. i love all of H and H podcasts and video content but todays was special , spoken from the heart. At your next presser can you please thank the gaffer and all his players and staff for everything they have done in delivering 55

He seemed to take it very emotionally in a sad sort of way.
Each to his own but I am quite upbeat about our position.
I suppose when we technically win it I will feel the relief which I think David was feeling.
10 years is a long time. I think the fact that we are in the right hands is the most important thing.

I’m not crying, you are crying!!!! thanks David a very motive video that sums up what we have been going through.

Great narrative.
Especially the end bit “ You go off now whichever part of the world you are, you paint it blue because Rangers are the Champions.

At some point, I’ll stick up a post about what h&h has done for bears (at least me) - In my opinion.

I doubt many will read it.

But beyond that, however, the recording encapsulated it all. Passion, loyalty, emotion and joy.
WATP

Great words.

David Murray did to Rangers what he did because at heart he wasn't one of us, it was an ego trip for him and of course it might get complex because it wasn't all bad but he did something that was unforgivable he nearly destroyed an institution because his own empire came first. The club is something that goes beyond cash and power and how many times did he use the word custodian? Well he forgot what it meant or he never understood it in the first place.

Tonight we can start to forget Murray because it's very nearly the end of the era of destruction he wrought on the club at last and maybe DE wants to forget him more than most. So enjoy DE.

It's easy to throw in hyperbole buzzword rhetoric and get is all pent up but credit to David for reaming measured and humble.

Brilliant David, you captured the emotions of us all perfectly, thank you
I agree 100 percent. Has summarised the emotions of an entire fan base. And away from all the joy, emotion and Hubris, it was a very fitting tribute to all who have been on the journey and those that unfortunately missed it.

Well said @David Edgar. We will all be there enjoying this with you :) .

Back