H&H post match

I was choked watching that. I advised @gw4877 and @Chunky Dawz to watch it too.

Spoken from the heart and struck a chord with all of us.

If I'm being honest, the Time Capsule episode of the pod had me very emotional too. I am roughly the same age as the lads (I was a 9 a week after the game) and I remember sitting in my parents' room listening to the game and going through the emotional rollercoaster you'd imagine. I went tonto at the goal then spent the rest of the game as a nervous wreck until it was confirmed.

I was at Rugby Park with @gw4877 for the title game in 2011 and my youngest daughter was born the month after. In her lifetime, Rangers haven't won a title. She's 10 in June.

When Andy (if I remember correctly) was talking about the ten year old him seeing the "older guys" crying, it struck me that I am the "older guys" now. I celebrated 1987 as a title win. Although I was alive in '78, it was late '78 before my old boy took me to a game (yes, I was 18 months) so I have no recollection of a title win. I probably didn't appreciate the ramifications of a 9 year wait for a title.

I'm now in the position (as we all are) of waiting those almost 10 years. A decade of drought. If I was emotional listening to the memories of three chaps talking about our last drought ending, I am going to be a wreck when it comes this time. I am those guys up at Pittodrie. We all are.

Drink it in and lap it up, brothers and sisters. We have stood shoulder to shoulder together, and with the club, through this and, d'you know what? We've done it.

We've only gone and done it.

A truly profound and resonating summary. Fantastic. And raising a glass to those no longer with us.

Time is a strange thing. The older you get the faster it goes. Their '9' of the Stein era to me as a teenager and then into my early 20's seemed like an eternity. I stood on the terracing at Easter Road when we ended it and felt absolutely elated. This time round, looking back to 2011 doesn't seem that long by comparison, yet it is so long ago and for our younger supporters it must have seemed like that same 'eternity' that I felt from the mid 1960's. I think that it must have been even harder for today's young Bears as they have had to watch our club being subjected to all of the damage and hurt left by the people that David Edgar described so very well. That was a great piece from David today. My own feelings tonight are a mixture of relief, pride and at the same time, emotion for those Bears who sadly passed and did not get to see it. I am also delighted for our younger supporters who will be experiencing the same elation that I felt back in 1975.

Thanks to HH and especially David. Loved listening to the guys over the last few dark years and today was so special and brought a tear to my eye. WATP.

This kind of material is why H&H is the absolute best, and why I love Rangers so much. Encapsulates so much about what is great and special about our club, and how superb to see the players and staff embrace it too

David, I absolutely love the stuff that Heart and Hand produce. Thank you for being there and providing the stuff you and your team do. It's brilliant.

Thank you also for your words here...summed it up perfectly. I see the emotion in you delivering that and it echoes my own thoughts. We have been to hell and back during these last 10 years. What a season and we have to savour it. What a team we have! Live it right the %^*& up!

Great words and sentiments from David and I'm glad he shared all his emotions with every bear ,even though he was talking specifically to me .

In bed cant sleep thinking of my first match with my grandfather back in 1964 v Dundee and my uncle John who I went to matches with also. They are both Long gone My son and grand daughter coming for lunch tomorrow Lola aged 3 in her new kit so many great memories of matches but today surpasses all I never doubted we would be back because we are Rangers but it is sweet

Take a bow David, you summed up my own feelings beautifully, much better than I ever could have and to all my fellow bears enjoy and take care.

I thought Helicopter Sunday was the event horizon of unbridled pleasure that I could ever experience as a Rangers supporter.

This title win is in a universe beyond that horizon.

It's sheer scale and vastness is almost impossible for me to comprehend.

Deep deep joy.

We have the Greatest Club, the loyalist fans, the best podders and now the Team that we could only have dreamed off in 2012. Play on the Glasgow Rangers.

As others have said, summed things up perfectly. As most of you, I fell in love with Rangers as a wee boy, I couldn't even tell you what age it was so early!

I'm 55 now and have held that love of the club through distance and time, always looking back to Scotland for scores and news. In the old days I used to have to go to the library and search through the English newspapers for scores and tables that were at least a week old.

Not one person in my life understands this; none of my family or friends know the love, pride and joy that this club gives me. No one understood the pain of the last ten years; knowing there were people who hated the club I loved so much that they would try to destroy it.

Only you guys know this feeling, only the fans of our club. Thank you @David Edgar for keeping me and all the other fans that lived or still do live abroad informed over the years, for allowing that connection to strengthen. Thanks to Stevie G and King and everyone else at Rangers. And thanks to the PEOPLE!!

55!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Brilliant.

You say silly wee podcast but let me tell you this mr edgar in the early days of this pandemic I only started listening to the podcast and it's no exaggeration that the podcast has helped me get through the last year. I hope this podcast has many more years to run.

Chopping onions now, thank you @David Edgar ! The part about supporters looking at bricks and sparing a thought for loved ones no longer with us really struck a chord with me. My late Grandad was diagnosed with terminal cancer a few years ago, he ended up in a hospice, but had pleaded that his dying wish was to watch one last Rangers match with my Dad. They let my Dad take him home for a couple of hours to watch the Celtic v Rangers game at Parkhead, the game where they won 5-0 and won the league (I was at the match myself). As each goal went in I remember feeling angry, not at the players, but at the bunch of crooks and charlatans we’ve had involved in our wonderful club, who had turned us into a laughing stock and let my Grandad’s final memory of watching his team get reduced to that. I won’t ever forgive any of them. I know my Grandad, along with all other absent bears, will be watching on with pride at where we are now. Here’s to them, and to the younger generation of supporters, who might be experiencing a Rangers title win for the first time. We are the People.

Back