Hadjuk Split fan group Torcida celebrate 70 years

I went to the game when they played a Maltese team in a europa league qualifier. They lost 3-1 and the ultras came on the park at the end to show their disappointment. Fancied buying their strip online, not for 78 quid though.

Last edited:
Was in split in August ( cracking place old town is beautiful ) went to the stadium done the tour and bought the home top. Theres Fan groups logos and murals all over City they seem to have some support. Proper old fashioned stadium aswell but cracking surface.

Went in the Torcida end last season for a match - cost about £4 I think, just a few days after the match mentioned in post 3. Good Stadium with a great setting, will go back for a high profile match one day when it is full. Very rough and ready, don't think you could even buy a coke in the Torcida end - everyone just drinking water out of the taps. Graffiti all over the City. Went to the Torcida Shop a little back off the main drag and bought some fanzines and books loaded with displays from the last 30 years, also found a great little Pub with various Torcida photos and memorabilia in it and a very cheap pint.

Was in split in August ( cracking place old town is beautiful ) went to the stadium done the tour and bought the home top. Theres Fan groups logos and murals all over City they seem to have some support. Proper old fashioned stadium aswell but cracking surface.
Hope you walked up to the stadium past Torcida HQ and the old ground, now used by Split rugby club. Torcida and Hajduk logos/murals are all over Croatia not just in Dalmacija.

Hope you walked up to the stadium past Torcida HQ and the old ground, now used by Split rugby club. Torcida and Hajduk logos/murals are all over Croatia not just in Dalmacija.
I went past there mate and had a look around. Liked Split, happily go back. I stayed at the Uni Halls of Residence, next to some Tower Blocks - was some superb murals round there, very impressive.

Last edited:
I went past there mate and had a look around. Liked Split, happily go back. I stayed at the Uni Halls of Residence, next to some Tower Blocks - was some superb murals round there, very impressive.
Split is ok around the Riva area for tourists, but the city itself is still quite industrial/communist in terms of high rises, etc. If you go back I would suggest doing a bit of touring. There is a big difference between the coastal Mediterranean areas and the continental parts. Property in the latter can be had for 'a song'.

As it is I am driving back to Croatia from Scotland on Friday ( a wee bit north of Split on the coast). At least I will get a beer and the bars dont shut until 11pm (or in my village when the polis come around ;) )

Split is ok around the Riva area for tourists, but the city itself is still quite industrial/communist in terms of high rises, etc. If you go back I would suggest doing a bit of touring. There is a big difference between the coastal Mediterranean areas and the continental parts. Property in the latter can be had for 'a song'.

As it is I am driving back to Croatia from Scotland on Friday ( a wee bit north of Split on the coast). At least I will get a beer and the bars dont shut until 11pm (or in my village when the polis come around ;) )
It was you who gave me a lot of advice when I went actually now I remember. Stadion Park mladeži was the Stadium I went to, think that is what you meant? I prefer hunting for some backstreet Pubs to be honest, found it a huge difference pricewise for Food and Drink between the Riva and away from it.

It was you who gave me a lot of advice when I went actually now I remember. Stadion Park mladeži was the Stadium I went to, think that is what you meant? I prefer hunting for some backstreet Pubs to be honest, found it a huge difference pricewise for Food and Drink between the Riva and away from it.
Stadion Park is RNK Split ground, HNL 3rd Division now I think. The rugby park was Hajduk's old ground until 1979 when they moved to Poljud up the hill. Old ground is right down to the waterfront about 200 metres from Torcida HQ.

And yes, hit the back street cafes where local folk drink. Half the price of the Riva. Only local posers hang there with their sunglasses :)

Stadion Park is RNK Split ground, HNL 3rd Division now I think. The rugby park was Hajduk's old ground until 1979 when they moved to Poljud up the hill. Old ground is right down to the waterfront about 200 metres from Torcida HQ.

And yes, hit the back street cafes where local folk drink. Half the price of the Riva. Only local posers hang there with their sunglasses :)

Stari Plac is the name isn't it? Didn't think I had the right one, remember you mentioning it before I went there.

Amazing. We should be doing something similar when 55 happens. I want the city lit up red, white and blue. I want one of those big lights lighting up the campsies with the Rangers badge and 55 next to it. I want everyone to know we are back and royally get it right fu**ing up them

Not just Split either.

All over Dalmatia towns are covered in Hajduk Split and Torcida murals and stickers.

Weer the Torcida not the ones that had a banner calling Dado Prso a traitor for signing for us?

I've been to Croatia and the entire coast line seems to be Hajduk territory, graffiti and banners everywhere.
Dubrovnik for example seems to have as many Hajduk fans as Split :)

I thought we had played Hadjuk Split in the 70s in one of the European competitons but apparently not, according to "football stats".

Have we or not?

I thought we had played Hadjuk Split in the 70s in one of the European competitons but apparently not, according to "football stats".

Have we or not?
Don’t think so.

Ex Yugoslav teams we have played have been Red Star, Zeta, Vojvodina, Osijek, Shkupi, Maribor?

Think we played Dinamo Zagreb in a friendly in the mid 2000s. Maybe in Canada?

Been to Split twice and there are loads of great murals throughout the city from these guys.

I didn't go to a Hajduk game (saw a RNK Split game instead) but a couple of friends did and in about the 60th minute of the game the Ultras pulled out a banner with something written on it and near 100% of the Hajduk ultras then nazi/roman saluted. So yeah there is that!

They appear to be republican sympathisers so %^*& 'em
I bought a couple of tshirts from torcida shop and they said due to religion they would side with celtic but they weren't happy about their relationship with st Pauline as they were commie bastards to quote the guy.

Assume that’s because we are considered a Protestant club?

Catholicism is a huge part of the Croatian national identity. Also, Dado was possibly an easy target to call a traitor as he is an ethnic Serb rather than Croatian.
I had two separate guys in Split immediately ask about Prso and Rangers when they knew I was from Scotland. Those guys both had a great respect for Dado as they admired his whole underdog story with him being a PT mechanic etc. until he was about 24 then making it with us.

Been to Split twice and there are loads of great murals throughout the city from these guys.

I didn't go to a Hajduk game (saw a RNK Split game instead) but a couple of friends did and in about the 60th minute of the game the Ultras pulled out a banner with something written on it and near 100% of the Hajduk ultras then nazi/roman saluted. So yeah there is that!
Probably the Za Dom.

FF Lounge - Fireworks are bad and should be banned

Mental Eastern Europeans - Hold my beer and watch this

Back