Hagi’s movement

audiorealis

I was watching the game back this morning and kept an eye on Hagi from the restart to the goal. He starts the half in the wide right position, his first touch is on the centre spot, he picks up the ball again in the wide left position in the same move. The ball then gets recycled and a few touches later, he’s waiting to pick up the pass on the right side of the penalty box. He was constantly moving across the front line, finding space and getting open for a pass.

Must be an absolute nightmare to play against.

I know he can be frustrating at times - but that’s because he tries things that others don’t have the minerals to try , sometimes they come off and sometimes they dont

for me last night showcases how he is vital to the way we play , it’s not just the fact he’s an assist machine , as u mention his movement is incredible

he is a must starter for me , if in doubt see assists and goals …

I was watching the game back this morning and kept an eye on Hagi from the restart to the goal. He starts the half in the wide right position, his first touch is on the centre spot, he picks up the ball again in the wide left position in the same move. The ball then gets recycled and a few touches later, he’s waiting to pick up the pass on the right side of the penalty box. He was constantly moving across the front line, finding space and getting open for a pass.

And long may he continue to do so.
I really like Hagi.

The most developed football brain in Scotland.

He is the most naturally gifted footballer in Scotland.

He sees things that others can’t and this season he seems to have added a bit more grit and determination to his game off the ball.

It must be nearing the point that he is a first pick week in and week out and if so he and us will reap the benefits of that.

Fir me it’s either him or Aribo that start and as much as Aribo is great in possession he doesn’t come close to Hagi in terms of chance creation.

He sees things that others can’t and this season he seems to have added a bit more grit and determination to his game off the ball.

It must be nearing the point that he is a first pick week in and week out and if so he and us will reap the benefits of that.

Fir me it’s either him or Aribo that start and as much as Aribo is great in possession he doesn’t come close to Hagi in terms of chance creation.

Start them both.

His improvement on the park in the last 6 months or so is astounding.

It’s starting to look like £3.5m is the latest Ross Wilson bit of magic.
He has improved in the last 12 months more than any other player. Patterson and Bassey are doing very well but Hagi is so crucial to unlocking a defence.

What I like about him, in addition to all of the above, is his shooting is usually fairly accurate. When the ball's pinging about the box, he doesn't lash at it. Always manages to keep his shots down and under control. Something that can be really powerful for us going forward given how many goalmouth stramashes we create in opposition boxes

Even with all of this, I still don’t think that Gerrard seems him as one of the undroppables.

The pace thing is less of an issue with him as he thinks faster than most players. Yeah, he might not win a race between him and a pacy left back, but he knows that and alters his position accordingly. I thinks he's absolute class and we've missed him in the games he's been out.

There is rarely a game involving Hagi where he has failed to make a real impact. Very clever player with amazing skill and movement...and two footed.

He finds passes that few players can even imagine makes a massive difference to us.The assault on him last night should have resulted in a red card sums up the cheats who impersonate refs in Scotland they are not fit for purpose

He is the glue of the team. I thought he started the season well then picked up a knock, was just back then picked up Covid. Great to see him back last night and made an instant impact. Will be absolutely crucial for us this season imo........

He would be the first name on my team sheet domestically. When your playing against cloggers you need someone to be able to play the hard passes and he is it

Hagi made a massive difference last year, won us many points in tight games either with goals or assists. Cant wait for him to get fully up and running again this year

He can also buy a foul and is increasingly physical in his attempts to win the ball back. If he keeps progressing he can be an absolute star.

One other big thing about him is that he wins a lot of fouls around the box, and that's extremely advantageous given we're a team who I think are pretty good from set-pieces. Even though he's not the quickest player, his quick touches allow him to easily beat players then they hack him down. He must have been fouled 4 or 5 times last night alone.

For games against teams who will plan to sit in for 90 minutes, he is an absolute must start for us.

He is going to be a major player for us ...

Let's not forget that our opposition have a penchant for the shocking tackle on Hagi. Gets on with it. We need his vision. Now more than ever, as the team goes through a rocky spell. Hagi can pick out players with ease.

Hagi is far far better than any of us realise. We have a player on our hands and most of us dont even know it.

A fit Hagi would have seen us in the Champions League, Im convinced of it.

He's a very gifted footballer who I don't think we fully appreciate, someone will post shortly about lack of pace. Personally I never really notice that in his game, his value is in goals and assists which is what wins football matches.
I was watching something a couple of years ago where Ian Rush said that what Kenny Dalglish didn't have in pace, he was yards ahead in his vision so to speak. Perhaps Hagi doesn't really need pace anyway.

Been said before - if only he had pace - again if he did would he be at Rangers ?

Very good player who is a joy to watch both on and off the ball.

Aribo has much better feet.
But Hagi is simply the most intelligent footballer in the Scottish game.
He is also one of the bravest, something which is often overlooked.

I noticed that at the game when he was on the left then popped up on the right for the assist.

I love the fact that when he comes short to recieve the ball, as soon as he releases it he is away moving into space either dragging a defender out of position or looking for a pass into space. Roofe, Morelos, Aribo etc all come short but where they lack imo is what I mentioned above

Every time there is a thread on Hagi I read lots of comments about Gerrard not trusting him or doesn’t fancy him in big games etc as well as should be playing every game. Firstly, there are very few players in our team that are going to play every game due the fixture demands and different types of teams we will face. Folk
Can disagreed with that if they like but it’s a reality as has been proven since the management team took over. Second I don’t think it’s a case of not trusting him I think it’s the complete opposite in that they rate him very highly but realise that it has taken him some time to fully adjust to the Scottish game and have been “looking after him” He has had some nigglyinjuries and disruptions which mean it’s been difficult to get a sustained run. I fully expect him to be a major player for us this year if he stays fit. Just my view for what it’s worth

Hagi has the vision that others simply don’t. Gerrard for whatever reason doesn’t seem to fancy him in the big games, probably due to his physicality and running power. In time I hope he gets trusted centrally as that’s where he’s most effective.
Correct me if I’m wrong, did he not come on near the beginning of the second half against Celtic when they won their ‘good for 20 mins in first half trophy’ last season at Ibrox? He played really well in that match and showed real bravery and mentality on the ball, he was really bossing it with his technical ability. The one difference between him and Aribo is a stronger mentality and for that reason I would have no hesitation in playing him in the bigger matches as opposed to Aribo as he sometimes tends to ‘drift’ in these games. That’s nothing against Aribo and I really like the big guy.

Would be worthwhile for our youth players to study his movement, during a game.
We have missed him, especially in Europe.

He's a very gifted footballer who I don't think we fully appreciate, someone will post shortly about lack of pace. Personally I never really notice that in his game, his value is in goals and assists which is what wins football matches.

Don’t wanna let you down, so here’s a post about his lack of pace.
He does lack pace, which sometimes lets him down, but it’s no reason not to be playing him.
A fantastic player who thinks half a second faster than most. If he had pace he wouldn’t be with us. Enjoy him while we can, despite his lack of pace.

For a team like us that most commonly plays against 10 men behind the ball, he’s a god send. Can find pockets of space in tight situations and the big thing for me, that’s been killing us this season, is his composure with the final pass.

I can easily see though why Gerrard doesn’t start him in an Old Firm game, but he’s a must start for about 80-90% of the other opposition we come up against.

He is a brilliant player.

When Hagi is not playing we look very stagnant, sterile and out-of-ideas going forward, when he is playing we look much more creative, it shows how much he is key to our game.

Back