Hagi announced!

If we could get a guy like Fer or Tapia in beside Jack there that would be amazing, generally with the 2 you want one guy sitting and the other being box to box like Jack.

Yeah hate to compare to them but they use the 4-2-3-1 well

Brown as the sitter
McGregor as the box to box
Christie as the no10

Hopefully we sign a sitter in the mold of a Gattuso

Then we can have

New sitter
Jack
Hagi

Really pleased and excited at this news.

This young man is a very fine player. I particularly enjoy his movement/availability, technique and vision.

Last edited:
I am ecstatic about singing Hagi - I think he will be n excellent player for us however spending 3 million on a player while still using the governments furlough scheme will open us up to all sorts of attack from the media.

Glad about this. We had a long spell of signing reliable old stagers past their prime. It sometimes delivered a short term fix but the prospect of building a platform of the brighter and younger is a plus. I think the Gheorghe factor is important too. Footballers and fans respect the stars from the past.If Father Hagi gets in to an Ibrox groove we have a wider international audience.

Superb signing need ti build the team around him a top player who always gives 110% hopefully we can keep Alfie as well needs to screw the nut though no good to us if he's suspended every other week.

I wouldn't say odd. He can't sign yet so we'll be waiting until it's done.

Weve announced it to (rightly) great fan fair on our website, rangers tv and twitter so the deal is done, only waiting for transfer window to officially open to register it.

Maybe odd isnt the word i should have used.

I do wonder if its a 4 or 5 year deal he has signed.

This could be steal of the decade all things being equal. Great bit of negotiating from Ross Wilson looking at the price and the term we pay it over, for what is an immense talent with bags of potential and a great attitude.

Well done Ross Wilson and all involved in this deal!

Brilliant news. The signing was a no-brainier. Boy has ability and potential to go into become an even better player. It’s also encouraging that he actually wants to be with us.

An absolute bargain and will be considered our best player if he isn't already.

Incredible mentality from someone so young, who could easily be a wee wank given his dads pedigree. He's been brought up right. A humble winner.
Comes across as mature for his age as well when you look at some of the neds in Scottish football.

£3m is an absolute steal. It almost makes this entirely risk free. We need to get the balance right across the team however, an attacking threat of Morelos(if he stays) Kent (I have faith he will be back to his best) Hagi and Aribo is really exciting.

Cant get over the fact some folk still insist we haven't progressed under Gerrard.

We now have Morelos, Kent, Aribo and Hagi all our players on long contracts ! All young with potential to go much higher in the game and massive assets to the club.

Not long ago we had Murphy, Windass and Jason Cummings instead.

What we need now in my opinion is for the gaffer to take the handbrake off and we will smash teams, no team in scotland can handle Hagi etc on form and playing with a freedom.

Obviously delighted with this, and the fact that H+H got the exclusive.

A lot of the tactic chat on this thread involves what formation we play, but I think we are building a team capable of serious in-game positional flexibility with Hagi floating and Kent swapping sides (etc.)
Rigidity has been our downfall in the last 2 seasons when we got predictable. I think (hope) we are trying to move away from that.

Opposition hatchet men all over Scotland will be sharpening their studs furiously.

Back