Hagi Clause ?

JA11

Daily record running a story he has a clause of 10mil reported take from his homeland.

Playmaker Ianis Hagi could leave Rangers this summer after reports of a transfer clause in his contract emerged.

The Romanian international joined Rangers last summer after an impressive loan from Genk, but has been in and out of the team this season as the Ibrox side raced to the title.
Play Tech claim that both Sevilla and Lazio have the 22-year-old on their radar with a view to a summer move, although it's perhaps more likely any potential suitors would attempt to negotiate a lower fee.

I really like Hagi, I hope we manage to keep a hold of him for next season minimum. I know he doesn't always get a game from the start, but it just shows our depth this season.... having a player like him and Defoe on our bench at times. How far we have came!
Last night he wasn't great but wins the penalty and scores. He always seems to be involved in our goals when he's on the pitch.

£10 million for Hagi would be decent business IMO. Double our money within a year and not lose one of our key starting 11’s.

If we had to lose him but keep Kamara / Morelos / Barisic it’s a no brainer.

hes 22. Massive potential. If he played for that mob it would be double the amount quoted. Has the best vision of anyone at the club. At 22 he can certainly learn the consistency part. Hes gifted.

Less Players would join us if that’s the case. Make no mistake about it we are a stepping stone for a lot of these foreign players.
Was a bit tongue in cheek but none the less assuming the story is remotely true, £10m for hagi is a bit on the low side in my opinion.
Of course we are, we're pretty much a gateway to the riches of the English premiership.

What is the lower fee comment all about? So saying he has a £10m release clause - he's a full international with a very exciting career ahead of him. Played and done well in European competition.

If we have negotiated a £10m release clause then we're idiots but we certainly shouldn't be accepting less than a min release fee.

We’ve seen a number of bullshit clause stories over the years, I’d imagine this is the same as the numbers simply don’t make sense.

It wasn’t so long ago that we had posters on here arguing to the death that despite Kent signing for £7m, we’d agreed to a £9m release clause.

Reactions: LD5
I cringe every time I see these articles copy and pasted on here. Its like they are written by 9 year olds.

'although it's perhaps more likely any potential suitors would attempt to negotiate a lower fee.'

Of course they would you f*ckin idiot, every effin club tries this.

hes 22. Massive potential. If he played for that mob it would be double the amount quoted. Has the best vision of anyone at the club. At 22 he can certainly learn the consistency part. Hes gifted.
If there is a release clause in his contract we are snookered. I think £10 mil is decent business but without a release clause we could get £12-£13 million plus a sell on clause.

He has the potential for sure but we all knew we’d have to sell players at some stage. If he goes I don’t think our best 11 changes.

Dave's dog imagining the carpet is the Daily Record ......

main-qimg-f76f4ed51d2c9b33794610f6c638cf78

Clauses tend to be put in for players who would leave first chance a big club comes calling. Hagi has said time and time again he thinks this is the perfect place for him and he isn't shy in confidence either, why would he put a clause in and such a low one at that?

Agreed on that, £12-£13 million would be the perfect price I’d say.
If we were to make something like £10m profit on him then that would be good business pal aye.
For the record, I'd rather he stayed for another season at least, we know we need to sell to balance books ect but would still like him to stay.

If there is a release clause in his contract we are snookered. I think £10 mil is decent business but without a release clause we could get £12-£13 million plus a sell on clause.

He has the potential for sure but we all knew we’d have to sell players at some stage. If he goes I don’t think our best 11 changes.

One player who would always be in my team 100%. Not always given a role that suits his style and that is a factor. IMO he will be a player everyone knows about when he turns 25 and worth the most in money values from those at our club now, by then. Hes 22 years old, which is often forgotten.

Daily record running a story he has a clause of 10mil reported take from his homeland.

Playmaker Ianis Hagi could leave Rangers this summer after reports of a transfer clause in his contract emerged.

The Romanian international joined Rangers last summer after an impressive loan from Genk, but has been in and out of the team this season as the Ibrox side raced to the title.
Play Tech claim that both Sevilla and Lazio have the 22-year-old on their radar with a view to a summer move, although it's perhaps more likely any potential suitors would attempt to negotiate a lower fee.
Don read it dont buy it dont click it

Sadiq has a £50m release clause, Hagi is £10m. Hmmmm.
Sadiq got a rough draw with us. A bit more time and I reckon he'd have been hell to play against with his pace and awkwardness. I think defenders hate that type. Would have been a great option when chasing a game. Not a popular opinion but.......we will never know. Doing ok now though.

No way Haji can go for similar money as Frimpong? Haji is far superior the stats prove it so if that's the marker for this season I'm looking no less than 18-20m.

Its 10m euros (£8.5m) although the report they've cited also claims he'll cost Lazio €13m despite this clause.

Sadiq got a rough draw with us. A bit more time and I reckon he'd have been hell to play against with his pace and awkwardness. I think defenders hate that type. Would have been a great option when chasing a game. Not a popular opinion but.......we will never know. Doing ok now though.
Not criticising him mate. But he's in the Spanish Second Tier if I'm not mistaken, but he has a release clause 5 times higher (allegedly) if we are to believe the Record.

Firstly I love Ianis, and can see him having a stellar career, but if selling him meant keeping the rest, then I have to agree with @Stevethebluenose90, it is a no brainer.
Secondly, no way Ross is having that in the deal, he is far too shrewd to undersell the assets.

Back