Hagi Clause ?

Has anyone found the Romanian report that they're claiming it to be from as they haven't provided a link to it in the article?

Sevilla and Lazio, according to the Scottish press, are ready for negotiations regarding the transfer of Ianis Hagi. The amount has already increased to 13 million euros, compared to the initial amount. The set price, at least declarative, was 10 million euros. Only there is a contractual clause that has been written about, but it would be much bigger.
Lazio is seriously considering the transfer of Ianis

Lazio is looking to rejuvenate its team this summer and an interesting name that has been associated with the Romanian club is Ianis Hagi. The 22-year-old Romanian striker was an essential part of the Rangers team. In addition to Lazio, Ianis' name has also been linked to Sevilla and several Premier League clubs.

The question is now, should Lazio negotiate for Hagi's transfer and where would he fit best in the team? Hagi has mostly played as a right winger under Gerrard this season.

The young player scored six goals and offered as many decisive passes in all competitions in that role. The Romanian showed his potential to play as a attacking midfielder. There were times when he took on the role of left wing when needed, showing his tactical flexibility.

Simone Inzaghi used a 3-5-2 set up in the Serie A team, instead of Gerrard's 4-3-3. Ianis Hagi, 22, was forced to move away from his favorite position. If he got to Lazio, he could play instead as the second striker behind Ciro Immobile. Or in the midfield trio behind the attacking pair.
Ianis Hagi has a very big contractual clause

If Lazio wants to transfer Hagi, they will have to make a more convincing offer to Rangers than their competitor. It will probably be difficult with Sevilla and some clubs in the Premier League, which closely monitor the player. Valued at around 13 million euros and contracted to Rangers until 2024, Hagi is a promising young striker.

With an almost impeccable season, Ianis Hagi became one of the most discussed Romanian football players in the international press. So far there is no clear information about his transfer to either Seville or Lazio. The amount has already increased to 13 million, with Seville officials announcing that they are willing to make the offer.

The same is true for the Serie A team, Lazio. However, there was not much discussion about the contractual clause that the young Romanian playmaker has with Glasgow. Although it was thought to be a small one, the famous former international Ilie Dumitrescu revealed the reality.

"He has a pretty big clause. There is a possibility to be paid, but it's a pretty big clause, not what is circulated in the press, about 10 million.

It has a big clause! More! It's bigger than what is written in the press. I don't know, but it's bigger than what is written in the press ", said Ilie Dumitrescu, on the show Fotbal Club, from Digi Sport.

In the last match of the Premiership Ianis managed to get a shot from 11 meters, which would bring his team to the advantage. In the end, Rangers would win 3-0 away from Livingston, and the three points are even further away from the second ranked, Celtic rival.

How many fake clauses have we heard over the years...
iEPrxfv.jpg

Thats the translation from the Romanian article, sounds like a load of shite tbh.

Sevilla and Lazio, according to the Scottish press, are ready for negotiations regarding the transfer of Ianis Hagi. The amount has already increased to 13 million euros, compared to the initial amount. The set price, at least declarative, was 10 million euros. Only there is a contractual clause that has been written about, but it would be much bigger.

Thats the translation from the Romanian article, sounds like a load of shite tbh.

They've taken it from this one

Hagi's had a great season for where he is in the pecking order of this squad. He's a ready made replacement for Steven Davis and/or Kamara as first pick if/when either decide to retire/move on. The 'in and out' of the side remark, and the 'could move on' is at best supposition and borne from a lack of appreciation of our squad and at worst troublemaking / slow-news-day filler.

Hagi is really under rated I feel. He has scored some important winners this season, has a good assist rate and is always trying to be involved. I dont want to lose him next year, he will be better again.
He’s top of assists for us, possibly league, the boy is class. Imagine what his assists would be if he was a regular starter. One who is only gonna improve as he gets older. Release clause of 10m? Don’t make me laugh

Last night he wasn't great but wins the penalty and scores. He always seems to be involved in our goals when he's on the pitch.
I thought he had a great game last night.
He covered a lot of ground and did a lot of that unheralded work that tends to go unnoticed and yet finds himself in great position around the box, first for the penalty for that important opening goal and then attacking the box unmarked to seal the game with the third goal.

If that is him not being great, ffsake when he gets into his stride 10 million will be the down payment for his boots.
He must be the most game-intelligent player I have ever seen at Ibrox for his age.
Further, he is one of the bravest, he is always in there where it hurts the most, and he takes the hits without complaint.

Whether theres a clause or no clause the fact stories are continuing to circulate suggest his Agent/Management are looking to test the waters.

Hagi himself may be quite happy to stay but if hes not in the XI its also understandable hed want to leave and youd imagine hed be guided by his Dad who must have a plethora of contacts all around the World. If he does want to go Im sure theyd make it happen and ultimately Rangers shouldnt keep a player who wants to leave, we've seen the massive impact that can have on form and value.

Situation could rapidly shift if another player leaves Rangers and suddenly Hagi is looking like a starter. Id like to see him playing in the CL next season and unless hes going to a team thatll offer him that it seems another year at Rangers would be best for his development. The Coaches and fans love him and hes got a superb squad of players around him to learn from.

Daily Record you say.

It used to be the staple diet for many. Now, it's a joke.

Like these cunts would know the bargaining strategy of Lazio or seville. And it sound like their Romanian counterparts ain't much better. Laughable.

Daily Record you say.

It used to be the staple diet for many. Now, it's a joke.

Like these cunts would know the bargaining strategy of Lazio or seville. And it sound like their Romanian counterparts ain't much better. Laughable.
The Romanians are quoting Ilie Dumitrescu and the Record are quoting the Romanians quoting Dumitrescu.

He’s top of assists for us, possibly league, the boy is class. Imagine what his assists would be if he was a regular starter. One who is only gonna improve as he gets older. Release clause of 10m? Don’t make me laugh
Just checked the stats and he has 10 assists which is top in the league. Along wirh 7 goals.

The Daily Rhebel you say, quoting clauses that in our players contracts.

I think I'll just wipe my arse with that rhag rather than contemplate anything they publish.

The Romanians are quoting Ilie Dumitrescu and the Record are quoting the Romanians quoting Dumitrescu.

And Dumitrescu is clearly guessing in his quotes, literally saying "I don't know".

So, the Daily Record are running with a release clause fee that they've quoted from a Romanian paper that's quoting a guessing Dumitrescu — and the DR is still saying teams are going to try and bid under it. Stellar stuff.

And Dumitrescu is clearly guessing in his quotes, literally saying "I don't know".

So, the Daily Record are running with a release clause fee that they've quoted from a Romanian paper that's quoting a guessing Dumitrescu — and the DR is still saying teams are going to try and bid under it. Stellar stuff.
The bidding under a release clause bit is just bog-standard practice tbh. Dumitrescu also says "He has a pretty big clause. There is a possibility to be paid, but it's a pretty big clause, not what is circulated in the press, about 10 million."

Seriously what do folk want from a 22 year old? Hes by far the best "youth" player in the league. He's got another 4 years or so till he peaks. Has goals and assists in double figures this season. I expect him to improve next season aswell. If he goes this bear wont be too chuffed tbh.

Absolute non story. Another pile of shite made up nonsense. Talk up the shuttlestons and talk down the rangers players.

Guaranteed there will be some made up pish about Edward being worth £25m+ while Hagi with his pedigree and ability is worth less than £10m.

Pathetic and lazy journalism.

Some of the technical passes Hagi plays are just beautiful to watch would like to keep him but I know that we do have to sell to buy as well.

His numbers are incredible, stats obviously aren’t anything but he has 22G+A and Kent 27G+A. I assume Kent has a decent more minutes.

That’s the difference this season, more numbers from more players.
100% mate. Looked earlier and we have 4 players with double figures of goals.

edit removed’more than double figures’

Last edited:
I know it's usually the trait of people much stauncher than I am but with the Daily Record simply stop buying it, reading it or sharing it and it'll eventually die or become an irrelevance on the scale of the National. The only time I see it is when people quote it. Don't buy it, don't read it and don't share it. You really aren't missing much.

Would a fee of < 10 million be quoted for any celtic player? They still think Christie is a 15 million player

hey bears long time lurker and first time poster.

Looking at Ianis’s numbers this season in terms of assists/goals and considering he hasn’t been a first choice starter in the 11, I think we would be mad to sell him. A good preseason and more game time could see his value increase significantly next season.

Hagi is really under rated I feel. He has scored some important winners this season, has a good assist rate and is always trying to be involved. I dont want to lose him next year, he will be better again.

I agree. I understand that we need to sell to sustain but like Kamara, I see Hagi as a special young talent who can only improve and continue to increase in value. So I'd like to see both of them with us for another 2 years, then move on for squillions of Euros / £ / $.

Hagi has a really bright future - £10m is not enough.

I hope he stays but to balance books - one probably needs to go, 2 if we want to fund transfers.

All guess work from me!!

The bidding under a release clause bit is just bog-standard practice tbh. Dumitrescu also says "He has a pretty big clause. There is a possibility to be paid, but it's a pretty big clause, not what is circulated in the press, about 10 million."

I know it's bog-standard practice, but that's the point. Every club in the world is going to try and get player as cheap as they can — I'm not sure why Mark Pirie felt the need to highlight that clubs are going to try and bid under this estimated (and most likely well wrong) release clause.

It's clear that Dumirtscu is giving his best guess, not basing anything on facts. It looks like he's been responding to Romanian reports that Hagi has a low release clause.

A globally known name, a league winner, a winner in the latter stages of Europe, regularly capped for his national side, I'm going to file this under dugshite.

Based on the factors above, 20m, no less.

Back