Hagi Clause ?

This is what happens when Journos stop learning how to be Journos and just copy someone random story they see on Twitter.

£10 million for a guy who is not a guaranteed starter is a no brainer for me. I'd trust our management team to get someone that would improve our starting 11 greatly with that sort of money.

Last time one of these stories emerged kent had one supposedly. Usually it’s bullshit and I’m guessing it’s the same this time.

There is absolutely no chance in hell we have agreed to a 10 million euro release clause. One it wouldn't be in euros, it would be in pounds and 2 it would never be that low. If there is a release clause it's probably around £20 million.

I really like Hagi and I think he will develop into a fantastic player, but if we are offered between £12-15 million pounds. Then I'd take it in a heart beat.

Hagi has wonderful vision and good technique but he isn't first choice and has consistency issues. I'd like to Keep him but if it was a choice between losing Kamara/Kent/Morelos or Hagi, I think everyone of us would prefer to see Hagi sold and keep the others.

Not criticising him mate. But he's in the Spanish Second Tier if I'm not mistaken, but he has a release clause 5 times higher (allegedly) if we are to believe the Record.
I've been to games in the Spanish second tier and some of those sides would be closer to us in our league now than Celtic would be. By some difference.

Not criticising him mate. But he's in the Spanish Second Tier if I'm not mistaken, but he has a release clause 5 times higher (allegedly) if we are to believe the Record.
Spanish clubs are obliged to have release clauses in players' contracts and generally set them at ridiculous amounts so clubs don't activate them. IF (and it's a VERY big if,) we have one in Hagi's it would likely be smaller as it will have been a concession made in contract negotiations to get him to sign permanently.

There’s also a clause in Alfie’s contract that lets him leave for the first club to offer us a chomp and a bag of pick n mix

He is quite breathtaking at times. His pass to JD for his goal in the last scum match was classy. This guy is underrated. 15m minimum to get us to the discussion.
I’m not sure anyone would actually pay that for him at the moment, but I doubt Gerrard and Wilson have plans to sell him anyway.

His goal last night was superb in as much as we’ve been crying out for midfielders to arrive late into the box to get on the end of crosses and passes and he timed his run and finish to perfection.

He’s only 22 and still developing.

If he starts adding greater consistency to his game, £15m will be a steal.

Sell Hagi for as little as £10M this summer and I believe we will look back in 3-5 years time and deeply regret it

Less Players would join us if that’s the case. Make no mistake about it we are a stepping stone for a lot of these foreign players.
You don't have to dig too deep into our transfer activity to see that is complete shite.

We don't look for. Or sign people so short sighted.

Gerrard has a clear model .
And it isn't made up of anyone who think they are above us.

You don't have to dig too deep into our transfer activity to see that is complete shite.

We don't look for. Or sign people so short sighted.

Gerrard has a clear model .
And it isn't made up of anyone who think they are above us.
If we as a club started sticking in £200 million release clauses into players contracts that sends a terrible message to incoming players.

£10 million for Hagi would be decent business IMO. Double our money within a year and not lose one of our key starting 11’s.

If we had to lose him but keep Kamara / Morelos / Barisic it’s a no brainer.

10 million is peanuts now. Lucky to cover his original fee, bonuses, wages. Hopefully those doing the contracts have moved on from 1998

Sadiq got a rough draw with us. A bit more time and I reckon he'd have been hell to play against with his pace and awkwardness. I think defenders hate that type. Would have been a great option when chasing a game. Not a popular opinion but.......we will never know. Doing ok now though.
I find it strange when people say this as if he’s gone on to be a huge success when the reality is the guy is currently playing in the Spanish second division. His minimum release clause is a legal requirement in Spain it isn’t indicative of his actual ability.

I find it strange when people say this as if he’s gone on to be a huge success when the reality is the guy is currently playing in the Spanish second division. His minimum release clause is a legal requirement in Spain it isn’t indicative of his actual ability.
I never used the release clause as part of my evaluation.

10 mill for Hagi is daylight robbery
15 at least and we can talk business, we need to start asking top dollar for our players

Wit they like? A wee negative story to take the gloss of Saturday. Nothing you scumbags print will stop us having the biggest party since Michael Carrol won the lottery

There is no way we were sold a player like Hagi for what we were without them inserting a sell on. So no way would the minimum only be double our cash.

Pish Jobby

Hagi is a magnificent talent that we would do well to hang onto and develop for a couple of more seasons

I cringe every time I see these articles copy and pasted on here. Its like they are written by 9 year olds.

'although it's perhaps more likely any potential suitors would attempt to negotiate a lower fee.'

Of course they would you f*ckin idiot, every effin club tries this.
If we go in with a lower fee we’re an embarrassment and penny pinching if others do it’s excellent negotiation skills.

Back