Hagi deal done according to agent

They'll be celebrating their hollow tainted 9 in a row today apparently with us in their thoughts,they are consumed with their obsession with everything Rangers.

The size of the fee concerns me a tad because for me, he looked a little less suited to the rough and tumble of the SPL and disappeared out of games with the rest.

But, if I’m being an optimist, he clearly has ability, he clearly has vision most of our squad just don’t have, he’s young to he should improve considerably and somewhat adapt to the SPL, and at the end of the day if you don’t roll the dice you can’t possibly win.

s-l400.jpg

The size of the fee concerns me a tad because for me, he looked a little less suited to the rough and tumble of the SPL and disappeared out of games with the rest.

But, if I’m being an optimist, he clearly has ability, he clearly has vision most of our squad just don’t have, he’s young to he should improve considerably and somewhat adapt to the SPL, and at the end of the day if you don’t roll the dice you can’t possibly win.

Who knows how we'll line up next season mate - but I feel that if we can physically beef up the CM then hopefully it can give guys like Kent and potentially Hagi a platform to play off of. I think we got pulled into too many scraps this season without dominating some of the games the way we should have. I think if we can sort that out then we can afford to have guys like Hagi in the time.

I think the window has maybe closed for him, but I think we're crying out for a physical DM along the lines of what McCrorie looked like he might turn into.

To go down a speculative rabbit hole a little further, I wonder if we go three at the back with wingbacks then it might also give the forwards a bit more scope to stay up / wide and get on the ball in the final third without having to get blootered in too much.

I will only believe it when formally announced but this is now in the Rhetard.

Ianis Hagi to Rangers done deal claim as agent hails £4million move to 'Juventus of Scotland'
The 21-year-old has made a splash in his short spell in Scotland and Steven Gerrard appears keen to extend his Ibrox stay.

Romanian super-agent Giovani Becali has said Rangers' move to finalise the transfer of Ianis Hagi has been sealed for £4m.

The son of former Real Madrid and Barcelona star Gheorghe Hagi is on loan at Ibrox and Steven Gerrard's side have made clear their intention of buying him permanently from Genk.

And Romanian super agent Becali - who is the brother of Steaua Bucharest owner Gigi Becali - believes Hagi has already signed for Rangers, who he reckons are the ' Juventus of Scotland.'

He said: "Ianis has just signed for one of the most important clubs in Europe. The deal is complete.

"I would describe Rangers as the Juventus of Scotland. I understand completely why Ianis has chosen to sign for them.

"They are an extraordinary club.

"The most important thing is that Rangers have carried out their option to buy him and he now has peace of mind about his future for the next few years.

"He has done very well at Rangers, but there was always the worry that they wouldn't want to sign him up.

"But I know he has a very good contract there in Glasgow and this is a really smart move for him."
Delighted to get him signed. A step up in quality from Windass and Candeias, a genuine talent with heart and desire. Hopefully he can grow and gain consistency whilst winning games and ultimately trophies.

I will only believe it when formally announced but this is now in the Rhetard.

Ianis Hagi to Rangers done deal claim as agent hails £4million move to 'Juventus of Scotland'
The 21-year-old has made a splash in his short spell in Scotland and Steven Gerrard appears keen to extend his Ibrox stay.

Romanian super-agent Giovani Becali has said Rangers' move to finalise the transfer of Ianis Hagi has been sealed for £4m.

The son of former Real Madrid and Barcelona star Gheorghe Hagi is on loan at Ibrox and Steven Gerrard's side have made clear their intention of buying him permanently from Genk.

And Romanian super agent Becali - who is the brother of Steaua Bucharest owner Gigi Becali - believes Hagi has already signed for Rangers, who he reckons are the ' Juventus of Scotland.'

He said: "Ianis has just signed for one of the most important clubs in Europe. The deal is complete.

"I would describe Rangers as the Juventus of Scotland. I understand completely why Ianis has chosen to sign for them.

"They are an extraordinary club.

"The most important thing is that Rangers have carried out their option to buy him and he now has peace of mind about his future for the next few years.

"He has done very well at Rangers, but there was always the worry that they wouldn't want to sign him up.

"But I know he has a very good contract there in Glasgow and this is a really smart move for him."

Central

Central

Central

Central

Central

Central

Play him f*cking central.

Brilliant, a tremendous talent with unreal vision. Give him the 10 jersey and play him there. Make him the star of the team. Get him on the Castore billboards in the new shirt and sell thousands.

There's no question he struggled away from Ibrox in domestic games, Perth and Kilmarnock come to mind.

However, I'm hoping that after a good pre season, he could be a big player for us.

I'm sure our manager will utilise him properly, in a central attacking position behind the striker.

It will need a change of formation though.

Going to be a total killjoy.

Our form and results before we signed him was far better than after he joined.

No doubting his ability at all, and I know he provided some match winning moments at Ibrox, but will he turn dropped points at tough away grounds into wins? He didn't before.

My ideal midfield would be Hagi, Jack and a box to box type midfielder with an eye for goal. That would be a great combination I think and as you say free up Kent and another winger to run at defenders.

Hagi doesn't play in midfield though, he has to play further forward.

No doubting his ability at all, and I know he provided some match winning moments at Ibrox, but will he turn dropped points at tough away grounds into wins? He didn't before.
Nobody played well after we signed him though
He certainly showed enough that we can see has the potential to be a top player

Please don’t reply with Michael Beale’s comments of playing two tens - I’m sure it was nice in theory but it was, for the most part, fucking hopeless in reality and put Hagi and Kent out of their natural positions - but Gerrard MUST adjust his formation to get the best out of him.

Domestically at least.

A player with genuine class atm without having the “developing player” caveat hanging over him. Exciting times

There's no question he struggled away from Ibrox in domestic games, Perth and Kilmarnock come to mind.

However, I'm hoping that after a good pre season, he could be a big player for us.

I'm sure our manager will utilise him properly, in a central attacking position behind the striker.

It will need a change of formation though.

We were so disjointed as a team after January. Constant changes to personnel and tweaks to formations, we absolutely didn't get the best out of the players available to us.

As you say, after a good pre-season and some friendlies we can find our groove again. Hagi has what it takes to be the maverick player we've not really had in midfield for a while who can create and score out of nothing.

—————— Shagger——————
Tav—Connor———Highlander—-Borna
————-Davis——-Jack—————-
Aribo—————Hagi—————Kent
——————-Buffalo———————

Needs to be played through the middle. Hopefully he can help us to a couple of titles and CL group stages and then we can punt him for a fortune.

He did at hibs and turned it around against Braga. Give the kid a chance he was only through the door. This is a fantastic signing and our best in years.

—————— Shagger——————
Tav—Connor———Highlander—-Borna
————-Davis——-Jack—————-
Aribo—————Hagi—————Kent
——————-Buffalo———————
So the same as last season then? :))

You could also look at it from the perspective where we were so poor and our form became so horrific in the second half of the season (which wasn’t his fault) that he actually prevented us from being even worse. He almost single-handedly won us the games against Hibs and Braga at home, and had a big hand in narrow wins against Livingston and Braga away. I actually dread to think how much further behind we’d have been without him.

He directly contributed to us winning 4 games within a month and a half, and in that time frame we only had a few domestic away games. That’s barely any time for anyone, nevermind a foreign player, to adjust.

Back