Hagi deal done according to agent

I think Kamara is a better player than Ferguson, but that Ferguson would offer Rangers more. If that makes sense. Kamara would be perfect in Serie A or a league where he gets more time. I just don't think it's a good fit.

It should also be noted that Ferguson has played close to 100 professional games and is yet to turn 21. That is some achievement and tells you he is only going to get even better.

Kamara has been a helluva signing, but if we get a half-decent offer in then I'd be all over it.

I agree with this. We need players who are suited to scottish football and Ferguson would be suited to our games in the spl more than Kamara.

Fair enough mate, entitled to your opinion.

I suggest you watch reruns of Celtic at Ibrox last season and the piggery and Hampden this season.

Tell me if there was a better midfielder on the park and if any of the scum midfield were even close to his level.

I wasn't at the piggery but I was at Ibrox and hampden bud, Kamara was excellent in setting up Arfield for our 2nd goal at home but imo you are grossly exaggerating how Kamara did in those games.

Of all our midfielders I've always felt Kamara is the weakest especially in domestic games. We lack a dynamic midfielder, like dare I say it Barry Ferguson.
Btw at hampden frimpong got too much space and that was down to how poor Kamara was in the 1st half

Fingers crossed. On his day he looks unplayable.

just need to hope consistency isn’t an issue, and he can handle himself in Scotland. Not totally convinced of these 2 points yet with him.

I wasn't at the piggery but I was at Ibrox and hampden bud, Kamara was excellent in setting up Arfield for our 2nd goal at home but imo you are grossly exaggerating how Kamara did in those games.

Of all our midfielders I've always felt Kamara is the weakest especially in domestic games. We lack a dynamic midfielder, like dare I say it Barry Ferguson.
Btw at hampden frimpong got too much space and that was down to how poor Kamara was in the 1st half

Frimpong had 2 decent runs early in the 1st half at Hampden, but we adjusted things after that and he was never a threat.

He was anonymous at the piggery.

Kamara was a full internationalist with Finland mate, who are a vastly superior team to Scotland.

There's absolutely no comparison.

If he was on a Bosman, I'd be fine with it, but not for some of the fees getting talked about.

Kamara’s got miles to go.

Plays like he’s got time to take five touches in some games when he barely has time to take one, some really bad performances this year.

He’s the most likely to be sold IMO.

Kamara’s got miles to go.

Plays like he’s got time to take five touches in some games when he barely has time to take one, some really bad performances this year.

He’s the most likely to be sold IMO.

If the money's right for the club, I'd happily sell him mate.

I would sell any one of our squad, if the deal suits Rangers.

None of our squad are irreplaceable.

Kamara has been a key element in some of our best performances under Gerrard, he is unbelievably underappreciated and undervalued by most Rangers fans

No I agree mate he’s been brilliant in a lot of games to go with some really bad games, but he could still be so much better.

Those improvements would come if he was sharper, a few of the European games especially he was caught in possession early on several times. Just needs to move the ball quicker when the speed of the game requires it.

Fingers crossed. On his day he looks unplayable.

just need to hope consistency isn’t an issue, and he can handle himself in Scotland. Not totally convinced of these 2 points yet with him.
Consistency will be an issue, he's 21.

Rangers fans as a support need to realise that young players take time, Kent and Aribo have been on the receiving end of some pretty vile comments over the course of the season because they're not Laudrup and Albertz

I actually don't have a thing for Kamara Grigo, no more than any of our other midfielders.

However, I'll defend him against ridiculous comparisons with Lewis Ferguson all day long.

Kamara, Jack and Arfield were all outstanding at Hampden imo.

Brown, McGregor and Christie barely got a kick.

Kamara also nullified Frimpong too and supported Barisic on the left brilliantly.

I would agree with you, on reflection, that Jack or Tav were MOTM at Hampden.

Kamara at Ibrox 2nd game last season and the piggery this season was the pick imo though.

Soon as Kamara got hooked in league Cup final I felt we fell out the game and lost our rhythm.

Was outstanding at Piggery as well imo.

Light years ahead of Lewis Ferguson imo.

Strange how people see things, I mind watching that game and keeping an eye out for him as he done well in the 2-2 game previously after chasing shadows for 3

Soon as Kamara got hooked in league Cup final I felt we fell out the game and lost our rhythm.

Was outstanding at Piggery as well imo.

Light years ahead of Lewis Ferguson imo.
Ferguson and Kamara aren't even remotely comparable tbh, their games are completely different,

Mistakes that lead to goals? Kamara has done that more than jack or Davis.
I think he's made one at Tynecastle which you can say has lead to a goal, I'd counter that by pointing out that there were 2 or 3 chances to stop that after possession has been lost.

Jack is a better overall player but is injury prone, Kamara is better than Davis,

Ferguson and Kamara aren't even remotely comparable tbh, their games are completely different,

Agreed mate Ferguson style suits the way Aberdeen play as well he's good at competing for first and second balls.

I can see why folk rate him, I just personally don't think he improves our team or sqaud.

I think he's made one at Tynecastle which you can say has lead to a goal, I'd counter that by pointing out that there were 2 or 3 chances to stop that after possession has been lost.

Jack is a better overall player but is injury prone, Kamara is better than Davis,
Kamara vs sheep at Ibrox Scottish cup that’s another one.

Hagi has talent but he lacks pace and physicality so you'd have to surround him with that for him to thrive.

2 physical players behind him and pace in front of him.

Is he good enough to basically build the team around? I'm not sure.

Hagi has talent but he lacks pace and physicality so you'd have to surround him with that for him to thrive.

I'd say he absolutely is.

Two footed, incredibly ability to pick a pass, can fly past people like they're not there and can shoot from distance.

He's our best player.

Frimpong had 2 decent runs early in the 1st half at Hampden, but we adjusted things after that and he was never a threat.

He was anonymous at the piggery.

Correct. In those games when Celtic had the ball Kamara filtered left and completely nullified their right hand side. A lot of his good work was done off the ball in these games so some people won’t see that.

I'd say he absolutely is.

Two footed, incredibly ability to pick a pass, can fly past people like they're not there and can shoot from distance.

He's our best player.
He could be a big success but it would require a bit of a shift in shape/style imo.

I think you'd need a Kevin Thomson and Lee McCulloch behind him and pace round about him as well.

I have no problem with Hagi being the bit of stardust at the top end of the pitch but if we continue to go to venues where the pitches are terrible and the ref allows the opposition to kick the shit out us with Hagi, Aribo, Kamara and an ageing Davis all shoehorned into midfield we'll continue to falter.

We'll see with signings and the first few games what Gerrard has learned.

He could be a big success but it would require a bit of a shift in shape/style imo.

I think you'd need a Kevin Thomson and Lee McCulloch behind him and pace round about him as well.

I have no problem with Hagi being the bit of stardust at the top end of the pitch but if we continue to go to venues where the pitches are terrible and the ref allows the opposition to kick the shit out us with Hagi, Aribo, Kamara and an ageing Davis all shoehorned into midfield we'll continue to falter.

We'll see with signings and the first few games what Gerrard has learned.
Apart from Scott Brown being immune to bookings, how have Celtic been so successful without that in recent years if it's absolutely necessary?

We just need to play our own game, the only time we ever seem to drop points is when we stop doing that and get sucked into an overly physical battle

I want Rangers to build to compete on all fronts, I don't want a mediocre physical side capable of competing domestically but not good enough technically for Europe

No I agree mate he’s been brilliant in a lot of games to go with some really bad games, but he could still be so much better.

Those improvements would come if he was sharper, a few of the European games especially he was caught in possession early on several times. Just needs to move the ball quicker when the speed of the game requires it.

Jeckyll and Hyde stuff with Kamara. He’ll have brilliant games where he looks like a really classy player. Then he’ll have games where he fannies around in dangerous areas and continually gets caught in possession and drops us in the shit. That has to stop, because last season the bad seemed to cancel out the good.

Correct. In those games when Celtic had the ball Kamara filtered left and completely nullified their right hand side. A lot of his good work was done off the ball in these games so some people won’t see that.

Maybe the same folk don't forget horrendous mistakes he made against Aberdeen in the cup at home then away to hertz again in the cup! I take my blue tinted specs off the odd time

Apart from Scott Brown being immune to bookings, how have Celtic been so successful without that in recent years if it's absolutely necessary?

We just need to play our own game, the only time we ever seem to drop points is when we stop doing that and get sucked into an overly physical battle

I want Rangers to build to compete on all fronts, I don't want a mediocre physical side capable of competing domestically but not good enough technically for Europe
But the point is they do have Brown. They've also had a core of Scottish players who know what to expect when they go to certain grounds. We are still dropping too many points to Andrew Considine and Alan Power, the results are there in black and white.

I'm not saying fill the team with hatchet men, I mentioned Kevin Thomson - he was a very good footballer who could handle himself as well.

If we continue to ignore the fundamentals of what you need to do to win things in Scotland then we will continue to fail to win things in Scotland.

Maybe the same folk don't forget horrendous mistakes he made against Aberdeen in the cup at home then away to hertz again in the cup! I take my blue tinted specs off the odd time

If we're going to hang players out to dry for a couple of individual errors, then will anyone in our squad be exempt from criticism?

From McGregor to Morelos, they've all been culpable.

He does not lack physicality, to look at you’d think he does, but he does not. He’s not got the physical presence of Morelos, but he’s strong on his feet and fights for space. I agree about his pace.

He does not lack physicality, to look at you’d think he does, but he does not. He’s not got the physical presence of Morelos, but he’s strong on his feet and fights for space. I agree about his pace.
I mean relative to Scotland. Dribbling by Gary Dicker at Rugby Park and him just wiping you out and not even getting a talking to.

But the point is they do have Brown. They've also had a core of Scottish players who know what to expect when they go to certain grounds. We are still dropping too many points to Andrew Considine and Alan Power, the results are there in black and white.

I'm not saying fill the team with hatchet men, I mentioned Kevin Thomson - he was a very good footballer who could handle himself as well.

If we continue to ignore the fundamentals of what you need to do to win things in Scotland then we will continue to fail to win things in Scotland.

The problem in Scotland is there are no longer your Whittaker's, Thomson's, Novo's, Naismith's, Ian Ferguson's, John Brown's, Neil McCann's etc. Not even close.

A Kevin Thomson type player; ability, intelligent, brain, bite, aggression costs money.

It certainly doesn't have to be complicated or fancy and it's no surprise we are better in the European scene than domestically.

Comfortably yeah.

Davis arrived, was awful, good last few weeks of the season. Good for 3 months at the start of the next one and is now awful again .
Kamara has had a few good games for us, a few good games for Dundee and a few for Finland in amongst a few really bad ones.

Davis has spent his career in a successful Rangers team, in the EPL and is the most capped British midfielder of all time.

Kamara has done nothing to be even be compared with Davis and everything you just said about Davis you could say about Kamara.

You really do talk absolute nonsense mate. Seriously you do.

Kamara has had a few good games for us, a few good games for Dundee and a few for Finland in amongst a few really bad ones.

Davis has spent his career in a successful Rangers team, in the EPL and is the most capped British midfielder of all time.

Kamara has done nothing to be even be compared with Davis and everything you just said about Davis you could say about Kamara.

You really do talk absolute nonsense mate. Seriously you do.
Davis is approaching retirement and Kamara isn't even approaching his prime yet. I'm comparing them on merit not on their past

If we're going to hang players out to dry for a couple of individual errors, then will anyone in our squad be exempt from criticism?

From McGregor to Morelos, they've all been culpable.

The gaffs cost us a chance at silverware in huge games for us, Kamara has some real attributes in his game but he is prone to making costly mistakes in big games. Some comments about him being our best midfielder are imo nowhere near the truth

At this stage of Davis' career i don't think it's that outlandish of a thing to say. For me they're at a very similar level and neither of them stand out in areas that the other doesn't.
Davis needs to be played less. Neither of them are good enough. Glen Kamara has done nothing and achieved nothing. To say he is better then Steve Davis is fairy tale stuff.

The problem in Scotland is there are no longer your Whittaker's, Thomson's, Novo's, Naismith's, Ian Ferguson's, John Brown's, Neil McCann's etc. Not even close.

A Kevin Thomson type player; ability, intelligent, brain, bite, aggression costs money.

It certainly doesn't have to be complicated or fancy and it's no surprise we are better in the European scene than domestically.
I suppose that's a bit subjective I would have liked to have seen the threads when we were linked to the players you mention! However, I agree the quality is not what it once was.

I think you can look at Northern Irish players as well that have a little bit of feeling for the club - Paddy McNair might be an option for example.

We have to start adapting to the league more though. Beale is clearly an excellent coach however I worry he fails to recognise in the SPFL the pitches are rarely like carpets and the game isn't going to be reffed like a World Cup semi-final.

I suppose that's a bit subjective I would have liked to have seen the threads when we were linked to the players you mention! However, I agree the quality is not what it once was.

I think you can look at Northern Irish players as well that have a little bit of feeling for the club - Paddy McNair might be an option for example.

We have to start adapting to the league more though. Beale is clearly an excellent coach however I worry he fails to recognise in the SPFL the pitches are rarely like carpets and the game isn't going to be reffed like a World Cup semi-final.
Most Northern Irish players are actually English and couldn't give a %^*& about Rangers

The point that I quoted was around his effectiveness in games v Celtic. you keep taking your blue tinted specs off to bring up incidents that are %^*& all to do without the actual point made though..

Fact of the matter is Kamara has had some very good games and he’s also had some shockers. I’d say he’s been an absolute snip at £50k however maybe the fact he’s prone to these mistakes is the reason we picked him up for that price in the first place.

Back