Hagi deal done according to agent

The gaffs cost us a chance at silverware in huge games for us, Kamara has some real attributes in his game but he is prone to making costly mistakes in big games. Some comments about him being our best midfielder are imo nowhere near the truth

Perfectly entitled to your opinion, but if you're wanting to talk about gaffs costing us silverware, then Morelos's 6 (yes 6) sitters in the LC Final and McGregor's blunder for Ferguson's header in the LC Semi the season before, fall into that category.

If you want to single players out for costly blunders, then keep it balanced mate.

Davis needs to be played less. Neither of them are good enough. Glen Kamara has done nothing and achieved nothing. To say he is better then Steve Davis is fairy tale stuff.

Slightly harsh saying he’s achieved nothing when he’s just been a key part of Finland’s first ever team to qualify for a major championship.

Unless of course you’re talking about for Rangers in which case I’ll shut up :)

The point that I quoted was around his effectiveness in games v Celtic. you keep taking your blue tinted specs off to bring up incidents that are %^*& all to do without the actual point made though..

Fact of the matter is Kamara has had some very good games and he’s also had some shockers. I’d say he’s been an absolute snip at £50k however maybe the fact he’s prone to these mistakes is the reason we picked him up for that price in the first place.

The point I was making was his effectiveness on games even the ones against the manks is grossly exaggerated on here at times.

I think Kamara would be suited to a slower tempo game in France for example but the hustle bustle in Scotland he gets found out much to our expense. Blue tinted glasses remain off

Davis has done absolutely nothing during this spell either.

One has potential, one is going to retire soon.

Kamara is better.

think you’re miles off there mate. Davis was outstanding in the first half of the season culminating in his masterclass at the chamber of secrets in December. People really do have short memories.

think you’re miles off there mate. Davis was outstanding in the first half of the season culminating in his masterclass at the chamber of secrets in December. People really do have short memories.
So was Kamara though.

Difference is he hasn't had two spells of being a man down either side of that

Perfectly entitled to your opinion, but if you're wanting to talk about gaffs costing us silverware, then Morelos's 6 (yes 6) sitters in the LC Final and McGregor's blunder for Ferguson's header in the LC Semi the season before, fall into that category.

If you want to single players out for costly blunders, then keep it balanced mate.

Mate you went after Morelos on a thread a wee while back on here, that was far from balanced.

Maybe McGregor and Alfredo have banked more good will with fans than Kamara has. I've stated on this thread that Kamara has attributes in his game that we need sometimes in our play but I don't ignore the huge gaffs he's had either

Mate you went after Morelos on a thread a wee while back on here, that was far from balanced.

Maybe McGregor and Alfredo have banked more good will with fans than Kamara has. I've stated on this thread that Kamara has attributes in his game that we need sometimes in our play but I don't ignore the huge gaffs he's had either
Morelos single handedly chucking a cup final can be forgiven but Kamara making a mistake in a cup tie can't? How are you advocating balance by pointing this out?

I said Morelos let us down at Tynecastle in the cup, which he did.

I also said he played well in the LC Final despite his misses.
I made the point all strikers have days like that.

That's pretty balanced.

Anyway, it's a Hagi thread and I'm going to stop replying to posters and derailing it.

That the game Aberdeen had 28% possession mate?

They couldn't get a kick in midfield, they just defended deep in numbers.

Their midfield wasn't in it
But but but we must sign Ferguson dont even think he got a touch that day couldn't get close to our midfield that day

Very good singing of true, as the boy has bags of potential.. but as many posters say he has to be played central to get best out of him. Wasted talent stuck out wide

Morelos single handedly chucking a cup final can be forgiven but Kamara making a mistake in a cup tie can't? How are you advocating balance by pointing this out?

Thats nonsense and someone that posts so much about tactics should know that.

He created many of they chances himself. Not one of our other forwards would have been able to create those openings.

Brilliant news, if true.

Make him our main man and build round him, he's quality and going to get better.

I really hope this is true.

Thats nonsense and someone that posts so much about tactics should know that.

He created many of they chances himself. Not one of our other forwards would have been able to create those openings.
I'm not sure how him creating chances by himself is a redeeming factor in his performance that day when they all amounted to nothing.

Feel free to explain why that's wrong though

Brilliant news, if true.

Make him our main man and build round him, he's quality and going to get better.

I really hope this is true.
Needs to be a no.10, play him behind the striker/as a spearhead of the midfield and I agree we can build around him. Play him on the wing and it's 4mil Euros wasted.

I'm not sure how him creating chances by himself is a redeeming factor in his performance that day when they all amounted to nothing.

Feel free to explain why that's wrong though

Kris Boyd was a better finisher than Morelos, but there is no way in hell that he is a better player. You can play with a great finisher, but one that is so static that is marked out the game and can't create any openings is pointless. It's the exact same reason Walter Smith chose players that were poorer finishers over Boyd in Europe and derby matches. We needed someone who could move their defence around, bring others in to play and create chances off his own back. He done that, but unfortunately didn't finish.

By your logic are you suggesting that the best finisher is always the best option?

Davis has done absolutely nothing during this spell either.

One has potential, one is going to retire soon.

Kamara is better.
GK is 24 mate not 18. A 24 year old with so far unfulfilled potential. When SD was 24 he was already the real deal and a league winner with Rangers.

You seem to forget that for the first half of the season SD was running the league and dominating in Europe. He can't play 60+ games a week (neither can Jack for that matter) but GK can only hope that he can become as good a footballer as Steve Davis. Have some class and give the guy the respect he deserves.

Kris Boyd was a better finisher than Morelos, but there is no way in hell that he is a better player. You can play with a great finisher, but one that is so static that is marked out the game and can't create any openings is pointless. It's the exact same reason Walter Smith chose players that were poorer finishers over Boyd in Europe and derby matches. We needed someone who could move their defence around, bring others in to play and create chances off his own back. He done that, but unfortunately didn't finish.

By your logic are you suggesting that the best finisher is always the best option?
I'm not offering a critique on Morelos as a player, I'm talking about his performance that day.

Had he been anything resembling competent then we win the league cup, he wasn't so we didn't.

He is forgiven for that but Kamara is shite for making a mistake agaisnt Hearts, it's inconsistent and blatant favouritism

GK is 24 mate not 18. A 24 year old with so far unfulfilled potential. When SD was 24 he was already the real deal and a league winner with Rangers.

You seem to forget that for the first half of the season SD was running the league and dominating in Europe. He can't play 60+ games a week (neither can Jack for that matter) but GK can only hope that he can become as good a footballer as Steve Davis. Have some class and give the guy the respect he deserves.
Comparing the Davis of 10 years ago to the Davis of today is dangerous. You can’t allow memories from 10 years ago cloud the fact that for large parts of last season Davis was poor

Most Northern Irish players are actually English and couldn't give a %^*& about Rangers
See what I mean about you talking complete nonsense :)) Are you for real or on a wind up? You cant be serious surely.

Btw Paddy McNair is a massive bear and if by some miracle we manage to get £10 mil for GK we should put every penny towards getting Paddy McNair. Do that and watch our midfield improve dramatically.

Anyway enough for me. I'm away for a beer. Cheers for the laughs :))

Davis at 24 is completely irrelevant though, he is 35 now.

I'm not offering a critique on Morelos as a player, I'm talking about his performance that day.

Had he been anything resembling competent then we win the league cup, he wasn't so we didn't.

He is forgiven for that but Kamara is shite for making a mistake agaisnt Hearts, it's inconsistent and blatant favouritism

He was competent, infact he was one of our best players on the day. I don't think we would have been as good that day if it wasn't for Morelos overall play.

I agree with your second point though, criticism on here has always been about posters favourites rather than what has actually happened.

He was competent, infact he was one of our best players on the day. I don't think we would have been as good that day if it wasn't for Morelos overall play.

I agree with your second point though, criticism on here has always been about posters favourites rather than what has actually happened.
Missing all 9 of his chances is competent? Bare in mind that he literally apologised to the fans over it.

Needs to be a no.10, play him behind the striker/as a spearhead of the midfield and I agree we can build around him. Play him on the wing and it's 4mil Euros wasted.

I agree, he needs to play centrally and in an attacking role - as you say behind the striker/as a spearhead of the midfield.

Some signing if we've got him!

Missing all 9 of his chances is competent? Bare in mind that he literally apologised to the fans over it.

Holding the ball up, getting us up the park, bringing others in to play and harrying their defence is competent, yes. He apologised because he got dreadful abuse which was uncalled for. Also, he was apologising after scoring a goal which was more important than a winner in the cup final would have been.

Holding the ball up, getting us up the park, bringing others in to play and harrying their defence is competent, yes. He apologised because he got dreadful abuse which was uncalled for. Also, he was apologising after scoring a goal which was more important than a winner in the cup final would have been.
Sorry mate but scoring in a cup final to give us our first trophy (proper one) in the better part of 10 years would have been more important. To me at least

He got dreadful abuse for missing 6 sitters and 3 decent chances in a cup final that the rest of the team played brilliantly in.

He played his normal game, did alright with it but that's the bare minimum, you don't get praised for that when you've had such a nightmare infront of goal at the same time.

We have agreed that there is a double standard, we've already derailed the thread by going into that so let's not do it further by having another page on Morelos.

More than happy to talk about it on another thread or pm if you want to

Sorry mate but scoring in a cup final to give us our first trophy (proper one) in the better part of 10 years would have been more important. To me at least

We wouldn't be looking to spend £4m on a young midfielder by winning the League Cup. We are in that position because we are progressing in Europe.

I agree, he needs to play centrally and in an attacking role - as you say behind the striker/as a spearhead of the midfield.

Some signing if we've got him!
Another plus point is that he appears to have a bit of spirit and dig about him, yes he's still young and will get stronger, but it's a quality all top players have.

He got dreadful abuse for missing 6 sitters and 3 decent chances in a cup final that the rest of the team played brilliantly in.

He played his normal game, did alright with it but that's the bare minimum, you don't get praised for that when you've had such a nightmare infront of goal at the same time.

We have agreed that there is a double standard, we've already derailed the thread by going into that so let's not do it further by having another page on Morelos.

More than happy to talk about it on another thread or pm if you want to

To be honest I was enjoying talking about tactics rather than the "Hes pish/Hes unreal!" extremes that often ends debates on here. He was poor in front of goal and should have scored at least one of the chances, not disputing that. But his all round game is better than any of our other forwards and thats why he is selected for the big games.

We wouldn't be looking to spend £4m on a young midfielder by winning the League Cup. We are in that position because we are progressing in Europe.
To be honest I was enjoying talking about tactics rather than the "Hes pish/Hes unreal!" extremes that often ends debates on here. He was poor in front of goal and should have scored at least one of the chances, not disputing that. But his all round game is better than any of our other forwards and thats why he is selected for the big games.
Unfortunately more people are interested in just insisting someone is shite rather than actually looking into why they think that and why they might be wrong.

Last thing I'll say on Morelos, when he's on it, he is our biggest asset but even with that being the case, him being the focal point of everything we do and the team being built around him is a detriment.

He's not reliable enough on or off the pitch and our shape being designed to get the best out of him means that almost all of our key players aren't being used to their strengths. Hagi is a key example of that.

Comparing the Davis of 10 years ago to the Davis of today is dangerous. You can’t allow memories from 10 years ago cloud the fact that for large parts of last season Davis was poor
He was the best midfielder in Scotland for the first half of the season. He's still far and away a better footballer than GK. It's mad that people think that isn't obvious.

The whole team fell apart not just him.

Jeckyll and Hyde stuff with Kamara. He’ll have brilliant games where he looks like a really classy player. Then he’ll have games where he fannies around in dangerous areas and continually gets caught in possession and drops us in the shit. That has to stop, because last season the bad seemed to cancel out the good.

He wasn't the only one with a major dip in form, but it's a risky game he plays at times. I remember first half against braga especially.

Another plus point is that he appears to have a bit of spirit and dig about him, yes he's still young and will get stronger, but it's a quality all top players have.

Aye, he's got strength, he's not afraid to shield the ball, and he will get stronger. He likes to take a man on, he can spot a pass and he's not afraid to shoot, he's an exciting player.

He's skilful, confident and young: a great signing, if we've got him.

Aye, he's got strength, he's not afraid to shield the ball, and he will get stronger. He likes to take a man on, he can spot a pass and he's not afraid to shoot, he's an exciting player.

Pretty much summed him up for me. If he can continue to progress then he’s definitely got a great future ahead of him

And passionate as feck, see him grab the team and crowd by the scruff of the neck after his goal vs Braga. He's going to end up Staunch AF

Potentially a great signing, I say potentially, the jury's still out for me. There is no denying he's a real talent, but I'd like to see him playing consistently good over a whole season not just a few games.

He was the best midfielder in Scotland for the first half of the season. He's still far and away a better footballer than GK. It's mad that people think that isn't obvious.

The whole team fell apart not just him.
For once, we agree.

Potentially a great signing, I say potentially, the jury's still out for me. There is no denying he's a real talent, but I'd like to see him playing consistently good over a whole season not just a few games.

He definitely has the ability. I think everyone agrees he needs to play more central though. I think we need a no9 who can run beyond the defence as he will find the killer pass. Hopefully Vydra interest is reignited.

Back