Hagi deal done according to agent

I think he's made one at Tynecastle which you can say has lead to a goal, I'd counter that by pointing out that there were 2 or 3 chances to stop that after possession has been lost.

Jack is a better overall player but is injury prone, Kamara is better than Davis,
Mate I don’t know how to highlight a bit of your post so.

Kamara is better than Davis ffs, give it a rest.

And I’ll happily debate that with you.

Mate I don’t know how to highlight a bit of your post so.

Kamara is better than Davis ffs, give it a rest.

And I’ll happily debate that with you.
I certainly wouldn't be letting Kamara go and putting my hopes on Davis, he's not getting any younger and GK is a quality player that would probably have made us a fortune if the Euros had went ahead.

Honestly. Kamara better than Davis is up there with the maddest comments on FF
Davis was a dynamic number 8 now playing as a 6 because his legs have gone.

Kamara is nowhere near his peak and can play anywhere across the midfield 3 at a comparable or better standard.

People saying that Davis is miles ahead are remembering the Davis of 10 years ago rather than what we've seen in this second spell.

Lewis Ferguson isn't in the same class as Kamara or Jack mate.

Apart from a header McGregor sold in the LC Semi Final, he's never done anything against us.

He doesn't have the ball retention ability to play in a Rangers midfield.

Do you think we have someone else. in mind ?

Not read the whole thread but nothing official I take it? If it is a done deal. The club should play this with a classy statement along the lines that the deal is done but we will do the full announcement when the time is more appropriate and the country is further out of this crisis. Show they classless tramps up.

Perfectly entitled to your opinion, but if you're wanting to talk about gaffs costing us silverware, then Morelos's 6 (yes 6) sitters in the LC Final and McGregor's blunder for Ferguson's header in the LC Semi the season before, fall into that category.

If you want to single players out for costly blunders, then keep it balanced mate.

You’re not being balanced when you say Morelos missed six sitters that day mate.

Sorry, you can’t say he SHOULD HAVE scored six goals that day.

Comparing the Davis of 10 years ago to the Davis of today is dangerous. You can’t allow memories from 10 years ago cloud the fact that for large parts of last season Davis was poor

I thought that up to Xmas Steven Davis had a very good season.

Yes, after the break he dropped off significantly.

Our issue, in my personal opinion, was that the midfield group didn’t have enough genuine depth so Davis, and Jack, were played way too often, including when carrying injuries.

I agree Grigo but it’s also fair to say he should have scored from the opportunities he had which would have won us the cup.

That’s a fair comment WATP.

Obviously the game is months ago now but to me he should have had at least two, maybe 3 of those chances.

So yes I do agree with you mate.

You’re not being balanced when you say Morelos missed six sitters that day mate.

Sorry, you can’t say he SHOULD HAVE scored six goals that day.

No you're right Grigo.

Including the penalty, it would be more accurate to say he should've had a hat trick.

The rest were half chances.

Honestly. Kamara better than Davis is up there with the maddest comments on FF

Kamara can’t be better than Davis based on one difference alone, that difference being that Davis doesn’t regularly give up possession in dangerous areas and put us right in the shit.

Realistically Braga should have killed us off completely on account of Kamara having a shocker of a game and putting them through on goal, and he fùcked us over at Tynecastle too. Crazy thing is he’s actually been quite lucky, because there’s a plethora of these incidents and most of them haven’t lead to goals. He also dithered on the ball and forced Jack to make a challenge that got him a second yellow. He’s a quality player on his day but the nonchalant approach in dangerous areas when there’s players closing him down has to stop, it really does.

Kamara can’t be better than Davis based on one difference alone, that difference being that Davis doesn’t regularly give up possession in dangerous areas and put us right in the shit.

Realistically Braga should have killed us off completely on account of Kamara having a shocker of a game and putting them through on goal, and he fùcked us over at Tynecastle too. Crazy thing is he’s actually been quite lucky, because there’s a plethora of these incidents and most of them haven’t lead to goals. He also dithered on the ball and forced Jack to make a challenge that got him a second yellow. He’s a quality player on his day but the nonchalant approach in dangerous areas when there’s players closing him down has to stop, it really does.

The weird thing with Kamara is that he has no excuse for it. It’s not like he’s new to Scottish football - arguably faster than the European games - so he should be fully aware that he needs to release quicker.

I’ll stand by what I said earlier, and since it’s a Hagi thread - if we need to raise funds for Ianis Hagi, Kamara is one of the most profit-making expendables we have.

The weird thing with Kamara is that he has no excuse for it. It’s not like he’s new to Scottish football - arguably faster than the European games - so he should be fully aware that he needs to release quicker.

I’ll stand by what I said earlier, and since it’s a Hagi thread - if we need to raise funds for Ianis Hagi, Kamara is one of the most profit-making expendables we have.

Yeah and you’d think after being caught once or twice you’d say “right I need to cut that out and shift the ball quickly” (especially after feeling the wrath of our fans), but he does it again and again, even after costing us goals. It’s like he smokes a joint before some games and goes into chill out mode.

Not read the whole thread but nothing official I take it? If it is a done deal. The club should play this with a classy statement along the lines that the deal is done but we will do the full announcement when the time is more appropriate and the country is further out of this crisis. Show they classless tramps up.

No, there's nothing official. There have been reports that an agent says the deal is done but, according to The Herald, that guy isn't representing Hagi.

From the Herald....

RANGERS have still to complete the £4m signing of Ianis Hagi from Belgian club Genk despite claims from Romanian agent Giovani Becali that a deal had been agreed.

The 21-year-old attacking midfielder moved to Ibrox on loan until the end of the season back in January.

The son of football great Gheorghe became a firm fans’ favourite during his time in Glasgow and scored important goals against Hibernian and Braga.
Rangers have the exclusive option to sign the Romanian internationalist permanently and Becali, the brother of Steaua Bucharest owner Gigi, has stated they have taken it.
But Becali isn't Hagi's representative and the Ibrox club, who have been in constant contact with the player since football was suspended back in March, haven't finalised any agreement.
Earlier this month Rangers sporting director Ross Wilson said: “He’s on loan until the end of season 19/20 whenever that comes – whether it is the end of May, end of June or end of July.
“We’ve got an exclusive option on him that was negotiated at the time, and we have a little bit of time before we need to take that up.

“I think he has found a place at Rangers where he’s felt loved, he can feel the size of the club and loved the intensity and the pressure of the crowd.
“He conducted that famous interview after the Braga game where he was so happy to be here.
“Steven Gerrard is fantastic to him, as are all the other coaches. Everyone has a really good relationship with him.”
Becali had said: "Ianis has just signed for one of the most important clubs in Europe. The deal is complete.
"I would describe Rangers as the Juventus of Scotland. I understand completely why Ianis has chosen to sign for them. They are an extraordinary club.
"The most important thing is that Rangers have carried out their option to buy him and he now has peace of mind about his future for the next few years.”
Becali added: "He has done very well at Rangers, but there was always the worry that they wouldn't want to sign him up.
"But I know he has a very good contract there in Glasgow and this is a really smart move for him."

Davis was a dynamic number 8 now playing as a 6 because his legs have gone.

Kamara is nowhere near his peak and can play anywhere across the midfield 3 at a comparable or better standard.

People saying that Davis is miles ahead are remembering the Davis of 10 years ago rather than what we've seen in this second spell.
GK too sloppy, trying to look cool and it doesn’t come off 60-70% of the time. When it does it looks fantastic.

Perfectly entitled to your opinion, but if you're wanting to talk about gaffs costing us silverware, then Morelos's 6 (yes 6) sitters in the LC Final and McGregor's blunder for Ferguson's header in the LC Semi the season before, fall into that category.

If you want to single players out for costly blunders, then keep it balanced mate.
Not wanting to go too off topic, but I agree Morelos cost us that cup final, not some wonder performance by Frankenforster. Morelos getting stupidly booked v Celtic later that month also probably cost us any chance of making a title race of it, between missed matches and lost match fitness thereafter.

Not wanting to go too off topic, but I agree Morelos cost us that cup final, not some wonder performance by Frankenforster. Morelos getting stupidly booked v Celtic later that month also probably cost us any chance of making a title race of it, between missed matches and lost match fitness thereafter.
To be honest mate the lines man cost us the cup final.would add the referee to that list as well.

I thought that up to Xmas Steven Davis had a very good season.

Yes, after the break he dropped off significantly.

Our issue, in my personal opinion, was that the midfield group didn’t have enough genuine depth so Davis, and Jack, were played way too often, including when carrying injuries.
2 games per week absolutely destroyed him especially at the intensity we were playing at. I think he'll feature a bit less next season but still be equally important and influential.

Can we start 2 new threads ? One to discuss Morelos strike rate and another to compare Davis v Kamara . That allows a discussion on Hagi.
Why do most threads on FF veer off on numerous tangents ?

To be honest mate the lines man cost us the cup final.would add the referee to that list as well.
That’s only part of it. If Morelos hadn’t kept hitting the ball straight at Forster the offside goal would have been irrelevant. We also got a penalty which he missed.

That’s only part of it. If Morelos hadn’t kept hitting the ball straight at Forster the offside goal would have been irrelevant. We also got a penalty which he missed.
The penalty should have been retake mate as foster was off his line and the referees let him off with it.so it is hardly irrelevant.also the fact that their goal was clearly offside is hardly irrelevant either.

The penalty should have been retake mate as foster was off his line and the referees let him off with it.so it is hardly irrelevant.also the fact that their goal was clearly offside is hardly irrelevant either.
Reread my post. I didn’t say they were irrelevant. I said if Morelos hadn’t wasted so many good chances (which he did) their offside goal would have been irrelevant as we’d have won clearly. I also never said anything about a retake. Ignoring the penalty he missed a hatful of chances.

Reread my post. I didn’t say they were irrelevant. I said if Morelos hadn’t wasted so many good chances (which he did) their offside goal would have been irrelevant as we’d have won clearly. I also never said anything about a retake. Ignoring the penalty he missed a hatful of chances.
You.didn,t mention the retake .he may have scored with a retake .also the offside is one of the two most relevant issues of the game . Morelos could have missed as much chances as you want .

Can we start 2 new threads ? One to discuss Morelos strike rate and another to compare Davis v Kamara . That allows a discussion on Hagi.
Why do most threads on FF veer off on numerous tangents ?

Because even on what should be a positive thread about us signing Hagi some posters need to use it to compare and slag off other players. Always a negative slant, it’s a really unwelcome characteristic of this forum these days sadly, every thread descends into this.

Brilliant if true. If all our younger players dig deep n develop I.e Hagi, Aribo n Kent. We have a fortune worth of talent here n that doesn't include Tav, Buff n Borna Bear.

Uh oh

EYszLeuXkAAxM5g

That's a face u wouldn't get tired booting. The wee ginger cretin with his 50ft eyelashes

And a nation wide hate campaign to hound him out of the country. Shouldn't be underestimated.

You.didn,t mention the retake .he may have scored with a retake .also the offside is one of the two most relevant issues of the game . Morelos could have missed as much chances as you want .
We will agree to disagree here mate. His finishing was awful on the day.

Watched the Braga highlights again today he could have had 4 assists over the two legs if Morelos and Kent hadn't missed some decent chances.

Hopefully this gets confirmed he is brilliant

Although a lot of money, if we can get Hagi in for the reported 4 million, I think it’s a no lose situation.

He’s young, talented and we could recoup that and potentially a lot more if we decided to sell in the future.

Back