Hagi deal done according to agent

Watched the Braga highlights again today he could have had 4 assists over the two legs if Morelos and Kent hadn't missed some decent chances.

Hopefully this gets confirmed he is brilliant

He was immense in that game, he has that ability to pick a pass and execute it with the perfect weight that our other players don’t have.

He should be our playmaker with a central role in front of the midfield

5 year deal according too the 4th official. £4.5 million. Not bad. I believed in the future hagi will be sold between £15-18 million. If he plays well. Just my opinion though
Estimates are very conservative as Lazio were willing to bid about £10 million already to buy him £20 million plus in a couple of years without a doubt

Is this 4th Official in any way reliable?

Or is it just someone pretending to be in the know based on rumours already floating about?

Is this 4th Official in any way reliable?

Or is it just someone pretending to be in the know based on rumours already floating about?

He's seems a proper decent guy, big rangers fan. Well, defo favours us if he we aren't his actual team. I think though he uses rumours, reports from the player's own country etc. to make an educated guess.

Delighted if we sign him. Surprised if we are willing to pay a big percentage of the fee now while the uncertainty on games continues. Hopefully payments deferred later into contract.

He's seems a proper decent guy, big Rangers fan. Well, defo favours us if he we aren't his actual team. I think though he uses rumours, reports from the player's own country etc. to make an educated guess.

I'm sure the guy who runs that account is an Everton fan.

Over the past few years he's been wrong as often as he's been correct.

As you say here I think he bases most of what he says on internet rumours and reports.

I think signing Hagi will be huge if we can get the deal done. Very clever player and not afraid to stand up and be counted.

Can only hope we play to his strengths. The thought of him behind a good striker (Morelos if he stays) and with the likes of Kent and Aribo running off him and linking up would be excellent in my opinion.

He's seems a proper decent guy, big Rangers fan. Well, defo favours us if he we aren't his actual team. I think though he uses rumours, reports from the player's own country etc. to make an educated guess.

They are multiple bloggers and journalists who use the account and post UK wide news. Have done since about 2011. Hit or miss I find

From a marketing point of view we should give him the number 10 jersey once he’s officially signed. Move Davis to 7.

Reactions: KL2
The second he signs I'm going to worry about us selling him for quick profit.

Really hope we don't

even from the right centre he created numerous chances that in the first half of the season we would have scored. Think he had something mental like 8 expected assists in his first 4 games. As I’ve said before him the centre of a 3 behind alfie is where he should be though.

It’s good to have players that will be playing at major tournaments again, alfie , kamara , hagi , helander , borna , jacko (possibly) , niko and aribo to name a few. Any future sales should be saved until after said tournaments. I‘m not in a rush to sell any BTW :). Even in his cameo v Leverkusen he created atleast 2 very good chances, phenomenal talent.

Last edited:
Change in formation on the cards for next season then?

I'd be disappointed if we signed him to play on the right side of the front 3.

Would be a drain to see him starting wide right again if he signs but I don’t put it past Gerrard to play all of next season with the exact same system as has failed him the previous two.

From a marketing point of view we should give him the number 10 jersey once he’s officially signed. Move Davis to 7.
I genuinely don't see why changing his number would miraculously make more people want to buy a top with Hagi on the back of it.

If Romanians want a Rangers top with Hagi on the back, they will buy it regardless.

We need to change the formation to accommodate him. He’s deadly in a central No.10 role. The manager and his back room team need to accept that the formation we play isn’t going to work against the dross in the SPL.

Do we still have staff on furlough? If so I wouldn’t think it would be good PR to see us announcing a signing at this time.

I read an interesting article the other day, which I can't find now, that spoke about the traditional number ten being dead.

It basically said 4231 has killed it as they are outnumbered by the two and 10s would now play off the side, as a striker or as a slightly advanced midfielder in a midfield 3.

A lot of truth in it TBF when you consider guys like Ozil struggling now whereas guys like De Bruyne have adapted their game to play that bit deeper or sometimes wider.

Unsure if it's a popular opinion or not, but at present our team is built around Morelos.

It has not been a reliable approach with Morelos form being impacted by his constant suspensions. Our ability to switch to other tactical approaches hasn't been great.

Next year i'd build our team around Hagi, have him in the middle just behind or alongside a striker. Don't shift him out wide.

If Morelos doesn't work in this tactical tweak then let's cash in and find the right kind of player who will work.

I read an interesting article the other day, which I can't find now, that spoke about the traditional number ten being dead.

It basically said 4231 has killed it as they are outnumbered by the two and 10s would now play off the side, as a striker or as a slightly advanced midfielder in a midfield 3.

A lot of truth in it TBF when you consider guys like Ozil struggling now whereas guys like De Bruyne have adapted their game to play that bit deeper or sometimes wider.

Hagi doesn't have the athleticism of De Bruyne to play a similar role to him.

Picking up the ball in pockets of space behind the striker, playing killer balls and getting shots off is what he excels at.

He can do it with either foot too.

He has to play central and we need to ensure his defensive responsibilities are minimal, as his tracking back is abysmal.

Picking up the ball in pockets of space behind the striker, playing killer balls and getting shots off is what he excels at.

He has to play central and we need to ensure his defensive responsibilities are minimal, as his tracking back is abysmal.

The fact that he’s so two footed informs the need to play him centrally.

Do we still have staff on furlough? If so I wouldn’t think it would be good PR to see us announcing a signing at this time.
Look at it this way - my work has furloughed staff, but is still spending money on capex projects as that is needed to improve and grow the business.

It wouldnt be possible to do both while sales are increased, yet could help protect jobs when the world starts moving again

Regardless of Braga performances, Hagi has another few levels he can go to which we’ve yet to see in a Rangers jersey. I really hope we play him to his strengths next season.

This is key. If he’s played on the right we will be wasting over £4m. He needs to be played centrally where he can control and dictate our play.

There is really no need to be playing with Jack, Davis and Kamara is the spl. Whilst all good players on their day they offer nothing attacking wise.

I think in the handfull of games hagi played for us he showed to be a cracking player who can pick a pass and score goals

Youre absolutely correct. I just found it an interesting article of how many teams playing 4231 has killed that traditional number 10 and these guys who would normally sit in the hole are now having to adapt.

I'd personally have him as an advanced one of the midfield three for most games at Ibrox certainly. Or, if we go two up top there may be merit in him being the second striker with a free role to drop off, drift and create as a Bergkamp type. Our own manager fulfilled this role for a while off of Torres at Liverpool (not that Stevie was ever a '10').

But there's no doubt, whatever we do, he has to be central.

This is key. If he’s played on the right we will be wasting over £4m. He needs to be played centrally where he can control and dictate our play.

There is really no need to be playing with Jack, Davis and Kamara is the spl. Whilst all good players on their day they offer nothing attacking wise.

But, if we’re all being honest, nobody really expects Gerrard to change anything - do they?

It’s giving me a slight concern about this deal.

But, if we’re all being honest, nobody really expects Gerrard to change anything - do they?

It’s giving me a slight concern about this deal.

Well there’s been plenty of time for reflection mate. Surely he and the coaches can see that those 3 midfielders offer nothing in an attacking sense.

It’s been said he has tried to copy the way Liverpool set up but it’s not needed up here. I’m hopeful he will go 4231, which isn’t a huge change and would make a big difference imo.

Play him centrally in his correct position and he will run riot next season, he is a game changer and can score goals with either foot. Play him on the right and it’s a total waste of the boys talent and won’t do us any favours at all. He will take the absolute lady's front bottom out of that nob jockey Brown and his Paedo outfit.

Back