Hagi deal done according to agent

But, if we’re all being honest, nobody really expects Gerrard to change anything - do they?

It’s giving me a slight concern about this deal.

I expect him to change things for certain games, if we sign Hagi mate.

As I've said previously, I don't expect him to change from his favourite 4-3-2-1 formation against Celtic, as it's been a great success against them and allows us to dominate the midfield.

Against more defensive teams though, I'm sure Gerrard has studied it's failings, at times.

I genuinely don't see why changing his number would miraculously make more people want to buy a top with Hagi on the back of it.

If Romanians want a Rangers top with Hagi on the back, they will buy it regardless.

Hagi 10 would be a massive seller on a Castore top especially in kids sizes.

This is key. If he’s played on the right we will be wasting over £4m. He needs to be played centrally where he can control and dictate our play.

There is really no need to be playing with Jack, Davis and Kamara is the spl. Whilst all good players on their day they offer nothing attacking wise.
Agreed. Hagi in behind the striker with Jack and one other sitting deeper. I reckon we also need a proper right sided forward rather than an attacking midfielder played there out of position. Someone in the mould of Novo or Caniggia who will chip in with 15-20 goals a season and take a bit of the scoring burden off the main striker

That's true TCT.

I'm a bit weird on penalties & think you should make the decision during the match based
upon how somebody's playing. Although Alfie was roasting them outside the box it was
clear his shooting boots weren't on.

The other thing about not choosing until during the game is the goalie will find it harder
to prepare for say one of six players.

I’d imagine this won’t be 100% officially confirmed by the club till such time as we know next season will even start or what shape it will take.

We’ve probably got a deal in principle in place right now but contact and signing won’t take place till pre-season at least.

This is key. If he’s played on the right we will be wasting over £4m. He needs to be played centrally where he can control and dictate our play.

There is really no need to be playing with Jack, Davis and Kamara is the spl. Whilst all good players on their day they offer nothing attacking wise.

I agree WATP.

On your second point, we have been crying out for a widening of our midfield skill set
for two years now. No one can run beyond the striker well, although Arfield does his best,
and no one really gives us a defensive security in terms of genuine strength & pace in
midfield. It means we cant adapt to such situations like Tynecastle when needs dictate.

I agree WATP.

On your second point, we have been crying out for a widening of our midfield skill set
for two years now. No one can run beyond the striker well, although Arfield does his best,
and no one really gives us a defensive security in terms of genuine strength & pace in
midfield. It means we cant adapt to such situations like Tynecastle when needs dictate.

Do you think Aribo could grow into that position mate, getting beyond the striker?

Do you think Aribo could grow into that position mate, getting beyond the striker?

Yes, I actually do mate. When you think of his individual attributes, hes pretty pacy,
he's had some great finishes, he has a lovely touch too. I suppose the only thing he
lacks is stamina, but that could be developed.

I'd say yes mate.

Yes, I actually do mate. When you think of his individual attributes, hes pretty pacy,
he's had some great finishes, he has a lovely touch too. I suppose the only thing he
lacks is stamina, but that could be developed.

I'd say yes mate.
Aribo’s athleticism and his ability to adapt was on show a few times last season. I remember him slotting in at left back and to the right of a front three and both times he looked comfortable and caused problems going forward.

I don't see why Hagi 7 would be any different.

A kid isn't going to decide not to get Hagi on his shirt because he's number 7 and not 10.
It's all about the marketing. You need to realise that he's the son of Gheorghe Hagi who had the Number 10 shirt wherever he went. Ianis is a celebrity in Romania and we could capitalise on substantial kit sales of Hagi having the No 10 shirt. It's a no brainer.

I agree but he needs to be in the opposition end of the park. He’s far too talented.

So many times last season he was given the service right out on the touchline with at
least two men around him.

That's not where he will hurt teams from.

As you suggest, getting him around the danger area means his lovely little flicks can
mean goal.

An example of your point, when I reflect, was Killie at home & his assist for Morelos
for the winning goal.

He's had a year to settle now & I think he could adapt to this role.

Aribo’s athleticism and his ability to adapt was on show a few times last season. I remember him slotting in at left back and to the right of a front three and both times he looked comfortable and caused problems going forward.

I don't disagree at all Herbie. All I was referring to was that quite often in games he's bloody
exhausted in the last 15/20 minutes. But i'm sure the club can physically develop him to
improve that.

I would be shocked if a deal of this size is done until the picture becomes clearer.....football is heading for a crash. I would think the market value is fragile why would we pay 4M or whatever for a player now only to see values plummet through the summer.....Football is in an unprecedented state.

It's all about the marketing. You need to realise that he's the son of Gheorghe Hagi who had the Number 10 shirt wherever he went. Ianis is a celebrity in Romania and we could capitalise on substantial kit sales of Hagi having the No 10 shirt. It's a no brainer.
Gheorghe actually wore 10 and 11 at Barca, 10 and 14 at Madrid and a list of numbers at Galatasaray.

Whether Hagi is number 7 or 10 will make no difference to a Romanian kid deciding if he wants a Rangers top with Hagi on it or not.

Gheorghe actually wore 10 and 11 at Barca, 10 and 14 at Madrid and a list of numbers at Galatasaray.

Whether Hagi is number 7 or 10 will make no difference to a Romanian kid deciding if he wants a Rangers top with Hagi on it or not.
The point is that he's most notably remembered as wearing the Number 10. He deserves to have the No 10 because that is his natural position. Davis is passed it now.

Cant believe all the fuss because rangers are trying to sign a player all the pricks in the media and the radio getting their knickers in a twist , dont see them getting all worked up when any other clubs make a signing , unbelievable how bitter they are

Cant believe all the fuss because Rangers are trying to sign a player all the pricks in the media and the radio getting their knickers in a twist , dont see them getting all worked up when any other clubs make a signing , unbelievable how bitter they are
Absolutely.
They are genuinely raging that we have a bit of cash to spend due to our wealthy investors. They can’t hide their bitterness. Which actually makes it funny!

In the current worldwide market there’s no doubt we are speculating on Hagi. For me he’s shown plenty of promise and is a real class act so hopefully after a couple of years we can sell him on and make a good profit.

Ginger Pubes and pish stained Keevins can just get tae %^*&, their constant negative angle on all things Rangers is tiresome. Honestly I believe we could have brought in Messi for some full sugar original irn bru and the smsm would find fault.

Back