Hagi is a genuine Ranger

I am 40 odds and grew up on Sensible soccer with Finidi George, George Weah, Hristo Stoichkov and Georgi Hagi.

this lad's father is football royalty and anyone who grew up in the same era as myself will know just how good a player he was, domestically and internationally.

His lad has no end of talent too, he has vision and clever feet and while he lacks for a touch of pace, his ability to read the game and position himself well more than makes up for it. He has no fear when it comes to taking a strike and he will take a man on when he feels he can beat him.

None of that deserves the title of the thread though. The reason I say he is a Ranger is not because he is the finished article, some superstar player with the world at his feet, it is because he has not rested on his father's name at all, he has backed himself to come to a 'smaller' league where talent is overlooked in favour of brawn, it is because he takes dull knocks, sore ones, little stamps on the toe and fly elbows for 90 minutes week after week and each and every time he gets right back up, dusts himself off and goes again. it is because he does not always play well, or even nearly well, but he will always, always play with his head up, make himself available for a pass and keep coming back for more, keep trying something, even when it is not coming off for him. He does not hide and he always wants the ball, even if his last 5 passes have been out of the park.

Being a Ranger is not about simply being the best and out-performing teams week in and week out, it is about making sure that if you fail, it is not through lack of heart, desire or effort. Skill plays it's part, obviously, and the lad has enough to make it, but the crux of being a Ranger is what is in the heart, not the toes and that is the reason that Bomber can stand shoulder to shoulder with Laudrup, why McCall does not need to look up to Gazza, why Novo can look Butcher in the eyes. Slightly less talent, more than made up for in application and desire.

Young Hagi has had some pretty poor spells in terms of form. He has been in and out of games and looked like nothing would come off for him. He has pulled himself back into form and won us points with goals.

The lad will absolutely do for me and will be a tremendous asset once some bits of his game are ironed out.
Absolutely spot on , we as supporters tend to have a lack of patience, this guy is a piece of coal and will indeed in time turn into a diamond of that I have no doubt.

Been crying out for him to be played centrally. Can see him becoming an even better version of Scott Arfield with late runs and loads of assists.

E1cJbUYXMAI-wne

I am 40 odds and grew up on Sensible soccer with Finidi George, George Weah, Hristo Stoichkov and Georgi Hagi.

this lad's father is football royalty and anyone who grew up in the same era as myself will know just how good a player he was, domestically and internationally.

His lad has no end of talent too, he has vision and clever feet and while he lacks for a touch of pace, his ability to read the game and position himself well more than makes up for it. He has no fear when it comes to taking a strike and he will take a man on when he feels he can beat him.

None of that deserves the title of the thread though. The reason I say he is a Ranger is not because he is the finished article, some superstar player with the world at his feet, it is because he has not rested on his father's name at all, he has backed himself to come to a 'smaller' league where talent is overlooked in favour of brawn, it is because he takes dull knocks, sore ones, little stamps on the toe and fly elbows for 90 minutes week after week and each and every time he gets right back up, dusts himself off and goes again. it is because he does not always play well, or even nearly well, but he will always, always play with his head up, make himself available for a pass and keep coming back for more, keep trying something, even when it is not coming off for him. He does not hide and he always wants the ball, even if his last 5 passes have been out of the park.

Being a Ranger is not about simply being the best and out-performing teams week in and week out, it is about making sure that if you fail, it is not through lack of heart, desire or effort. Skill plays it's part, obviously, and the lad has enough to make it, but the crux of being a Ranger is what is in the heart, not the toes and that is the reason that Bomber can stand shoulder to shoulder with Laudrup, why McCall does not need to look up to Gazza, why Novo can look Butcher in the eyes. Slightly less talent, more than made up for in application and desire.

Young Hagi has had some pretty poor spells in terms of form. He has been in and out of games and looked like nothing would come off for him. He has pulled himself back into form and won us points with goals.

The lad will absolutely do for me and will be a tremendous asset once some bits of his game are ironed out.

Well said Gheorgie
I agree.

Great post, well said

Hagi was outstanding tonight.

Technically, so capable. Great ball control, vision and passing.

He has also added a layer of physical capability and intensity to his game.

Really enjoyed his performance tonight.

He contributed so well. He looks to really enjoy these European nights.

Brilliant post Bud. I remember his Dad, a fantastic player, he also was kicked from pillar to post and got up and played.

Young Hagi is a warrior and most importantly for me has a winning mentality. He should start every game if fit.

He fought for everything tonight. Ran himself into the ground. That was fantastic to watch how much he cared.

But let’s not forget he hardly put a foot wrong all night as well. His weight and accuracy of passing was superb.

That really was outstanding from him tonight, a display his dad would have been proud of and that’s saying something.

I really like him - he’s a talent, he cares about his performance.. a proud player. I think he understands what it means to be a fan as well.

Hopefully he has a big season ahead of him at Ibrox.

The desire he showed tonight was missing from a lot of our more experienced players, he was excellent and thoroughly deserved to be named motm

The wee man was well fired up tonight. His work rate, along with Aribo, was phenomenal tonight. the weight of his passing is first class and he is always a threat to pull off a moment of genius.

He could use some protection from referees though.

Brilliant post. Delighted to see that after being in and out the starting 11 last season, he's making himself indispensable this season. He's also starting to look like he has the makings of a leader on the park.

Spot on @Northampton_Loyalist - Hagi has the character and positive attitude to be a Ranger, allied to undoubted talent. He never stops working, is developing physical strength to deal with opponents and willingly takes the knocks and keeps going. I love the way he plays with his head up, always looking for a positive play, always looking to break the defensive line with a clever pass or move. He’s exactly the type of player we need and I’d like to see him getting more game time, his performances warrant it.

Better than Kent perhaps?
If he was as quick as Kent, absolutely. If he was that quick I honestly don't think he would be with us.

On current form he is playing better, but I think Kent has the physical gifts to get to a higher level.

Hagi definitely has more going on upstairs though....

Hagi is brilliant for us.

How good was it to see Hagi Angry? It means something to him.

The run he made at the touchline was great to see as well, showing strength and drive. He is always wanting on the ball and is usually in space.

I was pleasantly surprised that it was Aribo that was subbed for Arfield as last season it was Hagi that was always fuked.

Also, I know this is absolutely irrelevant but it's just Fu**ing cool having Hagi playing for rangers (even if it's no his dad haha)

Came of age tonight in a rangers jersey gave his all was strong physically his passing was decent showed desire and hunger even when it wasn’t his night

Back