Hagi linked to 20m euro move to Roma

I absolutely love Hagi and think he’s criminally underrated by some on here but I don’t think we’re in any position to reject bids of £17 million for him. For me he should be one of the first names on the team sheet every week but the reality is that he isn’t for some reason.

I doubt that the offer is true but I certainly wouldn’t be surprised if he goes for that kind of money in the near future. He’s a class player and has huge potential, he’ll definitely go on to a higher level and play for other big clubs.

If £17 million was true then the club can pocket some of that fee as well as buying 1 or 2 players that can improve our starting 11 and move the club further forward. That’s the kind of offer the club will want to be having, make a big profit on a player and bring in the next Hagi.
Also feel he has to pick his next move carefully! Already moved played in Italy and Belgium and for whatever reason its not quite worked out for him.

If the reported price is true then we'd accept as he's not even a guaranteed starter for us, thats another conversation but his best move would be to stay here for a season or two yet.

It’s reported in the Daily Record therefore it’s not true. Everything they report is based on unsubstantial evidence. An absolute dross newspaper that makes up fairy stories for clicks.

Would take that tbh , get the league sown up by xmas :pand sell hagi for big money and reinvest in the squad , although hibs might keep getting results and stay on our coat tails by xmas

Be great business for the club, but with being a fan and hate all the talk of money in football, i want the best players at the club and he is one of them.
(Before anyone starts i know we need to sell players ect)

These threads are getting a bit boring now. How many times do we get 10+ pagers with bears arguing about a dodgy rumour?

Besides, I've given up hope that we will ever get huge money for any of our players. We don't seem to rake in very large fees.

Reactions: Jeb
I'd be OK with this. Hagi is an important player for us and he makes a difference when he plays well but we do need to start to show that we can sell at profit to top 5 leagues.

These threads are getting a bit boring now. How many times do we get 10+ pagers with bears arguing about a dodgy rumour?

Besides, I've given up hope that we will ever get huge money for any of our players. We don't seem to rake in very large fees.
Aye, it's pish tying down guys like Kamara until 2025.

I doubt we'll ever prise the "Celebrating Selling Your Best Players Cup" from selicks grasp.

I'm a huge admirer of Hagi, Rangers are always a better team with him in it. But let's face it, if anything close to a £20m bid came in for him h'd be gone the following day.

I think hagi is the lad that makes the team tick. Been saying to my mates we should build the team arround him, as i can only see him getting better.
In saying that, for that sort of money we would have to take it.
Would rather he left at the end of the season, with my best wishes & another league medal.

So Roma wait a few weeks after the transfer window closes then decide to bid 17m for a player? Haha
A player that's just come back and made an impact the other night and all of a sudden he's linked with moves away.
Nay bother

That guy who spoke about taking pound coins and putting them down on the floor on the transfer market thread would have an actual fit if he saw a big huge line of 17 million pound coins like.
Just worked it out. £17m worth of pound coins is enough to lay a line of coins all the way from the Broomloan bye line to the Copland bye line AND put a pound coin on every seat at Ibrox. Huge if true and far too much to turn down

B-D

Gerrard drops him for every big game so that would be incredible money. It’s clearly utter horse shit.
Think that's more so we can play on the counter attack with pace which we tend to do in big games which Hagi doesn't have.

£17m for Hagi would be good business as I don't think he's consistent enough to get anymore than that for him. His numbers are key to the team though but it would allow us to get 2 or 3 in to improve the starting 11.

I like hagi, but if we are offered 20m euros for him, he’s gone, and I’ll look it at like, good business. Guy helped us to 55, and played his part representing us in Europe anol, and we’ve made a very decent profit.

Roma getting themselves a good deal there if we were to accept that!

He will be a cracking player I see the improvement in him since he first joined.

I dont think he will be Barca/Real/Man City/PSG level but playing around the top leagues and in the CL will be his level for sure.

Funny how it’s always Roma wanting our players. I think there will be interest in Hagi given he has come back this summer and seems half a yard quicker and certainly broader.

I would be happy to do a deal in the summer but I suspect he might be Scottish PoTS this year and letting him go in January would be madness.

Agree, but the club know that he has a lot of development in him Scotty.

Holding him until the end of next season, with further physical development could see him go for over 30m easily, if we make the CL Group stages.
I just don’t see anyone playing in Scotland ever going for £30m mate. I hope I’m wrong though and when we do eventually sell one of our star players it will be for that type of money.

I just don’t see anyone playing in Scotland ever going for £30m mate. I hope I’m wrong though and when we do eventually sell one of our star players it will be for that type of money.

All I’m saying is getting to the CL Groups & having Hagi show his undoubted class at that level should surely add a premium beyond what we’ve seen to this point.

He must be more consistent & develop more physically, but I think he’s shown really encouraging signs this season already, and is still only 22.

We’ll see mate.

Would hate to see him go. Sale and reinvestment in one of those badass ACMs we were linked with in the summer, job done.

Back