Hagi linked to 20m euro move to Roma

We need to sell players sometimes. At least now it's serious money being talked about and a huge profit.

January would be a bad time to lose him but if we reinvest so be it

We need to sell players sometimes. At least now it's serious money being talked about and a huge profit.

January would be a bad time to lose him but if we reinvest so be it
Therein lies part of the challenge for the recruitment team, because id imagine a large slice of profit will be allocated for balancing the books. I don’t know in the slightest of course, but it wouldn’t surprise me if the amount for reinvestment was 25% of takings.

Then again, that’s what they’re there for!

Hagi gives his all unlike some in our team who just do the minimum. You cant buy commitment and selling Hagi is a big mistake.

We're always hearing about "intensity" or lack of it. I prefer "effort" and there's a few in our team that couldn't spell it.

I agree with some of that. Hagi definitely shows effort and commitment and was annoyed with his team mates performance the other week.

With that said, we have to accept reality and that is that everyone has their price and that we, at some point, need to sell players.

I think anything in the eight figures, i.e.£10 million, will be grabbed We are in a covid restricted market and 3x your money is a good deal. Would prefer 15-20 but I think it's a buyer's market for now.
10 million i right

is that for his left leg

If we can hold onto our star players it should get us into champions league after winning league
Will any player want to leave when they can show off in Europe top competition next season

Therein lies part of the challenge for the recruitment team, because id imagine a large slice of profit will be allocated for balancing the books. I don’t know in the slightest of course, but it wouldn’t surprise me if the amount for reinvestment was 25% of takings.

Then again, that’s what they’re there for!

Agreed. No way they get 100% to reinvest in transfer fees alone

Absolutely, if that bid is genuine (which I doubt), I reckon he would be driven to the airport by Douglas Park personally.

We are not in a position to be knocking that kind of cash back, especially since Hagi isn’t even a guaranteed starter for us.

The poster suggesting he will be worth double that next season is living in an alternate reality I think.

Used 100 pound notes please and no HP terms plus a 10% sell on fee.

Doekhi contract up next summer
will get him and still keep Hagi
imagine Hagi playing in our team in champions league
as for veerman is he better than Hagi ?
We might never know. Although selling Hagi for 17m and bringing in Veerman or similar could be very smart business.

Let’s be honest here. It’s most likely bullshit, but we’d bite their hand off for £17 million. I love the wee man and think he has a huge season ahead for us, but every player has a price and I this would meet the clubs valuation I imagine.

Why is this coming out just now. If Roma wanted him they could have paid €20M in the summer otherwise they need to wait until January and for all we know his value could have risen by then. This reeks of unsettling a key player.

I agree with some of that. Hagi definitely shows effort and commitment and was annoyed with his team mates performance the other week.

With that said, we have to accept reality and that is that everyone has their price and that we, at some point, need to sell players.

By all means sell but not players who show commitment to Rangers. Sell the guys that dont really care about our club. Im sure you can see who is and who isnt giving their all this season.

By all means sell but not players who show commitment to Rangers. Sell the guys that dont really care about our club. Im sure you can see who is and who isnt giving their all this season.

We all can but do teams want to splash out on those players?

Commitment and passion only makes Hagi’s stock rise.

I fucking love Hagi. He has an absolutely superb attitude which cannot be underestimated in today's game. That's without starting on how outrageously talented he is. He would be perfect for the Italian game I think.

17 mill , not nearly enough???
A good player no doubt, I really like him and think he is underRated, but 17 mill - SOLD
Agree.

He’s a cracking little player, probably only going to get better, but at the moment he isn’t necessarily one of the first names on our team sheet so £17-18m is too good a deal for us to pass up, IMO.

For what it’s worth, I doubt there’s any truth in the story, certainly not for that amount.

I love how many of our fans are experts in valuations of players.
The day we are getting figures like we are being quoted for Hagi, is the day we have a succeaful transfer policy and sustainable business model.
Lets get real here.
Bids of 10 m plus for our players.......most will be sold .

Hagi gives his all unlike some in our team who just do the minimum. You cant buy commitment and selling Hagi is a big mistake.

We're always hearing about "intensity" or lack of it. I prefer "effort" and there's a few in our team that couldn't spell it.

I think that's a bit harsh on the other creative players in the team. They're not playing well just now but it's not a lack of commitment - it's poor form. Hagi seems to spark something in the team that brings the best out in others in his appearances so far and I agree that selling him in January could potentially backfire because of that, but I wouldn't say the others lack commitment and won't regain the form they've shown previously.

I think that's a bit harsh on the other creative players in the team. They're not playing well just now but it's not a lack of commitment - it's poor form. Hagi seems to spark something in the team that brings the best out in others in his appearances so far and I agree that selling him in January could potentially backfire because of that, but I wouldn't say the others lack commitment and won't regain the form they've shown previously.

Are you kidding? Watch some of our games again and tell me its just poor form.

You'll notice too how much better we are with Bassey, Patterson, Sakala, Roofe, Hagi and Wright playing.

Let's be realistic here - €20m is around £17m so we would be accepting that. Fits in perfectly with our transfer strategy and would be reinvested in the next Hagi at a fraction of the price
What exactly is our transfer strategy? We don’t seem to make profits on anyone.

Hagi is better than Veerman and Doekhi contract is up in summer we would get him free next summer or cheap in January
It's all about opinions but if selling Hagi for £17M in January meant getting Veerman in for £7M and Doekhi for say £1M and banking £9M I'd say it's a no brainer. Doekhi is quality in an area where we are short and Veerman is also an excellent, deep lying play maker. Difficult to compare with Hagi as they play different positions I might add.

Hagi is a talented player that can execute a defence splitting pass like nobody else in our team.

So far in his time here he has not put any run of consistent form together. I keep thinking it will happen and really hope it does.

If we get the level of offer mentioned it is an absolute no brainer to sell and reinvest the money

Hagi is a talented player that can execute a defence splitting pass like nobody else in our team.

So far in his time here he has not put any run of consistent form together. I keep thinking it will happen and really hope it does.

If we get the level of offer mentioned it is an absolute no brainer to sell and reinvest the money
Other than bulking up a bit he hasn't really developed in his time with us.

It doesn't help for me he isn't a wide forward and doesn't really have that pace to get away from players he's a very one dimensional Footballer.

Can pick a pass and come away with the odd assist/goal but I generally don't see the hype with him.

Double our money on him and I think we will let him go.

Last edited:
I love how many of our fans are experts in valuations of players.
The day we are getting figures like we are being quoted for Hagi, is the day we have a succeaful transfer policy and sustainable business model.
Lets get real here.
Bids of 10 m plus for our players.......most will be sold .
Our fans are experts in valuations of players.
Then you add in your own expert opinion.
Hmmmm...

Other than bulking up a bit he hasn't really developed in his time with us.

It doesn't help for me he isn't a wide forward and doesn't really have that pace to get away from players he's a very one dimensional Footballer.

Can pick the odd pass and come away with a few assists/goals but I generally don't see the hype with him.

Double our money on him and I think we will let him go.

Undoubtedly talented but utterly wasted wide on the right. He has zero pace for the role. IMO him and Aribo should be swapping positions. Aribo is better as a 10 and Hagi is better as an 8.

I saw someone (can't mind if it was on here or Twitter) say they had never saw a flair player like him give away so many fouls and he's got a point. I actually like that side of his game though because he's clearly not afraid of getting stuck in and is never bullied out of games.

Undoubtedly talented but utterly wasted wide on the right. He has zero pace for the role. IMO him and Aribo should be swapping positions. Aribo is better as a 10 and Hagi is better as an 8.

I saw someone (can't mind if it was on here or Twitter) say they had never saw a flair player like him give away so many fouls and he's got a point. I actually like that side of his game though because he's clearly not afraid of getting stuck in and is never bullied out of games.
For me stick him centrally in a 10 role and you'll probably see a better player potentially.

All his best games for Romania under 21's came in that role.

I think Hagi would be a sensation in the Italian league. Couple years in the blood and thunder of the SPFL will be good for him. Serie a much more technical which I think he would thrive in

Would be gutted if he left

Hagi will want to move on. It’s his career plan. Will be end of this season or the next ( perhaps if rangers have champions league) rangers we’re always a stepping stone

Many posts in here sums up the problem we have. Either wanting to sell others (who don't seem to be attracting bids) or pricing ourselves out of a deal (20m+).

Then Wilson and the board getting hammered for not selling anyone in the summer.

Truly hope he’s not sold but if at the end of the season someone like Roma comes in with a £20m+ offer? I wish him well. Decent return on investment, as long as there’s sell-ons!

£20 million for anyone and they are sold. This team needs more to progress and that isn't coming from anywhere else.

Has the story resurfaced or something?

Thing is, we need to improve in most departments to get to a place where we want to be. Unless we get into the CL group stages (hopefully by grabbing this season`s title), we will probably have to sell top players for reasonable fees while getting similar or better quality with good scouting, freebies and/or good-priced players. I was expecting that someone was sold in the summer and thus we had funds to buy quality folk. SG didn`t seem that happy about it, but that`s where we are.

Back