Hagi official - Announcement Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rangers and Hibs

9 games, 1 goal for Rangers.

He played 172 minutes for us roughly, not even 2 games. His longest game was 65 mins in the debacle against Hamilton. He only played in 6 of our games according to transfermarkt

so if we want to use stats as they are he's actually 1 in 2. But that clearly doesn’t show a sensible picture of the player.

You don't need 2 destroyers, but you do need 2 disciplined, possession retaining midfielders to protect our attacking full backs, supply our more forward players and keep control of the game.

Docherty certainly couldn't play that role close to the level of Kamara, Davis or Jack.

2 out of those 3 must play, if we are to use the
4-2-3-1 formation.
I’d be looking to move Kamara on this summer. He was absolutely diabolical all season.

That performance from him against Braga at home was shameful.

I meant if Defoe is 2nd choice striker ie Gerrard continues with 433 and with one central striker we won't win the league. Should have been clearer sorry.

Your last few sentences confirm you have a grievance with Morelos. I remember you started a thread a few months back on Alfredo that got patched by admin on here it was that unbalanced.

I think Morelos is a terrific striker and an absolute gem if he's on it mate.

Yes, I do have issues with his discipline, as I feel he has let the manager and the club down on numerous occasions.

I also believe if he sorts that, then he is worth his weight in gold to us.

Love the guy when he concentrates on what matters.

I agree with you that Defoe could be even more effective with more support.
Kinda like the way Arfield was getting close to him the previous season and they were both scoring for fun.

I do think it's a given the formation will change in certain games with the signing of Hagi.

Between Kamara, Jack, Davis and Arfield, I'd say we've got decent cover for those positions mate.

We need to remember how well our midfield played up until New Year.
They dominated every other midfield in the league and some top European ones too.

It may well be that Ģerrard will want to strengthen in that area further, but bigger issues for me, after the break, were basic individual errors, with McGregor, Tavernier, Goldson, Edmondson, Katic and Barisic all responsible.

Defoe's injury, plus Morelos's ill discipline and loss of form contributed plenty too.

We simply didn't score enough goals.

It's unfair to pin it all down to our midfield.

Hopefully the Hagi signing will be the spark for more creativity in the final third.

nailed it. We conceded the same amount as the tims over the course of the "league season" but they vastly outscored us. 25 more goals if I'm not mistaken. Most of those would have come from the fact that they have various midfielders chipping in with goals. We had Alfredo and JD with a minimal amount from elsewhere.

nailed it. We conceded the same amount as the tims over the course of the "league season" but they vastly outscored us. 25 more goals if I'm not mistaken. Most of those would have come from the fact that they have various midfielders chipping in with goals. We had Alfredo and JD with a minimal amount from elsewhere.

All ties to the drastic loss of form from Jan mate. We were pretty much neck and neck with them at the break.

They kicked in and we faltered. When Morelos went out of form our over reliance on his was then exposed.

All ties to the drastic loss of form from Jan mate. We were pretty much neck and neck with them at the break.

They kicked in and we faltered. When Morelos went out of form our over reliance on his was then exposed.
I think we all seen how we ended last season without him (better as a team in all honesty) with Defoe and Arfield leading it from the front and assumed we could do the same, never materialised.

There's moments in a season where I think you can pinpoint a time when it could've turned around. That game against Hearts when Alfredo was AWOL killed our season imo.

We need a Terry Hurlock / Ian Ferguson type midfielder and we will be fine.

Ian Ferguson at his peak would be about 3 levels above any midfielder in the country just now.

Strong, quick, athletic, a very good passer and a terrific striker of the ball.

Not many around in our price range, sadly.

We need a Terry Hurlock / Ian Ferguson type midfielder and we will be fine.

under current refereeing they wouldn't see half the season
Jack is a tough competitor but nowhere near as an enforcer as those two and they have crucified him since he came to us

similar to the argument for Lewis Ferguson or Lyndon Dykes
they'd spend weeks in the stands on suspensions

Big Colin McAdam was a constant rumbler of defences up front for us foraging away getting on to the end of crosses and passes to score with head or feet.

Dykes is similar but has more to his play than Colin did.

It could be worth it for us if he ain't too pricey.

Welcome to The RANGERS permanently young Hagi.

Still nothing from the club on Hagi, and it’s been removed from the Genk twitter feed, anyone any the wiser?

attachment.php

I don't have Arfield as a first pick, but he is a quality squad option, not just someone making up the numbers.

Davis was the best midfielder in the country before the winter break and was absolutely key in our European success and midfield domination of Celtic.

Unfortunately, due to injuries, he got flogged to death and suffered from fatigue in certain games.

He's by no means finished, if utilised properly.
Davis before the winter break,and Arfield easily was our best peformer
after the break.MU.

Mate, he was outstanding before the winter break, as were the rest of our midfield.

They dominated every midfield they played against, both at home and in Europe.

You'll find threads regarding Kamara all season. His form has fluctuated a lot even before the break. Seems more suited to Europe than the weird brand of football in Scotland. Sadly that applies to a few of our players, referees don't enforce the rules and hammer throwers are the heroes in Scotland. Obviously if you play for Rangers the rules are enforced vigorously, see Alfie.

Things need to change. Turning from the off field battle will see referees and the media continue. Just look at the media's reaction to Inverness, Hearts , and Thistle, threats that were shocking in any decent society. The media will crucify anyone that steps out of line and drive the devil hordes to go after them, death threats and all.

You'll find threads regarding Kamara all season. His form has fluctuated a lot even before the break. Seems more suited to Europe than the weird brand of football in Scotland. Sadly that applies to a few of our players, referees don't enforce the rules and hammer throwers are the heroes in Scotland. Obviously if you play for Rangers the rules are enforced vigorously, see Alfie.

Things need to change. Turning from the off field battle will see referees and the media continue. Just look at the media's reaction to Inverness, Hearts , and Thistle, threats that were shocking in any decent society. The media will crucify anyone that steps out of line and drive the devil hordes to go after them, death threats and all.
If it wasn’t for his brain farts (twice a game guaranteed) Kamara would be
top of the class.

Yesss. Come on Rangers, let’s see him holding up the Castore rain jacket.
I’m starting to wonder if the announcement if being delayed to coincide with the shirt launch. Or at least that was the original plan. Things might change now it’s been leaked

A very welcome signing. I just hope expectations aren’t too high and we don’t heap too much pressure on the lad. A gritty ball winning centre-mid next and we’ll be set imo.

RANGERS can confirm that Ianis Hagi has agreed to join the club on a permanent, long term deal, with the Light Blues having negotiated their option to buy.

Full Romanian International, Hagi, 21, featured for Rangers on 12 occasions, scoring three goals including a memorable brace in the Europa League v Braga to take Rangers to the last 16 as well as a winner against Hibernian. During his spell, Hagi was able to make a significant impact in front of the Ibrox faithful.

Hagi has established himself as a senior international with 10 caps, having risen through the under age ranks of Romania. Twice nominated for the European Golden Boy, Hagi is seen as one of the most exciting young talents in European football. Hagi starred in the UEFA European Under-21 Championship, scoring against Croatia and England, helping Romania progress to the semi finals.

Ianis quickly established himself as a fan favourite in his short loan spell at Ibrox. He will join up with Steven Gerrard’s squad when the team return for pre-season training ahead of finally completing the transfer when the summer window opens.

Sporting Director, Ross Wilson, commented, “We are delighted that Ianis has chosen to continue his career at Rangers. I have had numerous conversations with Ianis and his representatives and he made it clear that continuing with Rangers was his absolute focus.

“He is not only a huge talent but also a top young professional who is determined to be successful. We are sure our investment in him will be an effective one as we believe in his ability now whilst also being excited that at 21 years old there is significantly more development to come from him. When Ianis arrived in January we quickly developed a strong relationship with him and I know how much Steven and the coaches enjoy working with him every day.

“The formality of the transfer won’t complete until the transfer window opens but we look forward to welcoming Ianis back to Glasgow in the next few weeks alongside the rest of the first team squad. Finally, I thank KRC Genk for their openness, flexibility and creativity in all of our discussions.

“We secured an exclusive option in January and in recent weeks we have worked with Genk to find a new solution that works for everyone now, given how much the world has changed in the last few months.”

First Team Manager, Steven Gerrard said, “Ianis is recognised throughout Europe as a young, exciting player so to have him join Rangers on a permanent basis is great news.

“I was able to develop a relationship with Ianis very quickly, he is a pleasure to coach as he is willing to learn and become better every training session. He has already experienced the pressure and expectation of Ibrox, I know he is ready for next season.”

Ianis Hagi underlined his delight at joining Rangers on a permanent deal, “I am excited about re-joining the squad for pre-season and putting on the famous shirt once again. There was interest from other clubs, but my priority was always to return to Glasgow and play for Rangers.

“I really enjoyed my loan spell at Ibrox and look forward to playing in front of our fans very soon, but for now I hope all of the Rangers fans and your families are staying safe and well.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back