Hagi official - Announcement Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delighted. What he lacks in pace he makes up for in skill,vision and guile. And a dose of the gallus. A great young talent who has already shown he “wants it. “

Down to the gaffer to utilise those strengths.

It’s a shame that we’re in a position where a lot of fans are thinking ‘great transfer, great player but will we use him correctly?’, but it speaks volumes of Gerrard’s stubbornness with his one approach.

It’s a shame that we’re in a position where a lot of fans are thinking ‘great transfer, great player but will we use him correctly?’, but it speaks volumes of Gerrard’s stubbornness with his one approach.
Only possible reason for it was his hands were a bit tied regarding the RW position because Ojo and Barker were dreadful and he doesn't really like Jones. But then, why he couldn't just change formation to accommodate Aribo Kent and Hagi as the three I'll never know, not as if the other midfielders were playing too well to get dropped.

Only possible reason for it was his hands were a bit tied regarding the RW position because Ojo and Barker were dreadful and he doesn't really like Jones. But then, why he couldn't just change formation to accommodate Aribo Kent and Hagi as the three I'll never know, not as if the other midfielders were playing too well to get dropped.

Playing at home/away to 80% of SPFL teams where we’ll have 60% plus possession with Jack, Davis and Kamara in the middle with Hagi out right is utter insanity.

We don’t even need the possession, but where we are expected to be on the front foot, he needs to make the most of Hagi.

Reactions: LD5
Playing at home/away to 80% of SPFL teams where we’ll have 60% plus possession with Jack, Davis and Kamara in the middle with Hagi out right is utter insanity.

We don’t even need the possession, but where we are expected to be on the front foot, he needs to make the most of Hagi.
I don't understand the argument that because Liverpool manage it then we can too, Liverpools front three don't need any help attacking fs, their midfield three is far more dynamic than ours as well. The few times we changed it up and went with two strikers after the break we actually played quite well and made far more chances. It just goes far too stale trying the formation and tactics every week.

I don't understand the argument that because Liverpool manage it then we can too, Liverpools front three don't need any help attacking fs, their midfield three is far more dynamic than ours as well. The few times we changed it up and went with two strikers after the break we actually played quite well and made far more chances. It just goes far too stale trying the formation and tactics every week.

If anyone tries to justify our failed tactics by using the defence that Liverpool play that way, then I’d recommend the use of the block function as it is pure idiocy.

On a technical level, we’d need Morelos to drop 10-15 yards deeper and take up the Firmino role if we really wanted to copy it - but that’s simply not going to happen.

Negotiating the fee down from £4.5m to £3m is a fantastic piece of business. Daylight robbery even. We'll make more than a pretty penny on him in the future.

Reactions: SCG
If true, negotiating down an agreed fee for a player who has been in high demand is top work from the club (and presumably Ross Wilson). I'd love to see him playing in the middle with players with more pace & athleticism on either side (e.g. Kent and Aribo switching left/right).

Very happy with this signing but my biggest hope is that we are looking to change the shape of the team. Surely he won’t just be shoehorned into the right side of a 433 again!?

In all honesty though, it's still an improvement on last year even as the right forward in a 4-3-3. However, the formations only as good as the personnel powering it. You'll need two destroyers behind him in midfield for Hagi to sit as the 10 or attacking midfielder. We don't have two strong enough currently. Jack if injury free would walk it all day, every day but Davis and Kamara aren't consistent enough, and I do not trust Kamara. He hides when the pressures on. Not to put any of them down!

I can understand why Gerrard didn't play him as a 10 just yet. That Chivalra from Liverpool is a CDM and loves a tackle I'd herd, someone like this should allow Hagi to play as a 10 in a 4-3-3 or any of its derivatives
(4-2-3-1 / 4-3-2-1 / 4-5-1)

In all honesty though, it's still an improvement on last year even as the right forward in a 4-3-3. However, the formations only as good as the personnel powering it. You'll need two destroyers behind him in midfield for Hagi to sit as the 10 or attacking midfielder. We don't have two strong enough currently. Jack if injury free would walk it all day, every day but Davis and Kamara aren't consistent enough, and I do not trust Kamara. He hides when the pressures on. Not to put any of them down!

I can understand why Gerrard didn't play him as a 10 just yet. That Chivalra from Liverpool is a CDM and loves a tackle I'd herd, someone like this should allow Hagi to play as a 10 in a 4-3-3 or any of its derivatives
Chiravella’s signing for Nantes.

Delighted with this. We must now utilise him correctly.

A fantastic young foreign talent who is choosing to come to Scotland to ply his trade. I look forward to the Scottish media focussing on this aspect of his signing.
Knowing our lying gutter press operate, he will be labeled as a Romanian Gypsy, head of a secret crime syndicate back home, that sells kids to Protestant churches.

Disagree on two counts here. You don’t need two destroyers for the majority of games in this league. All-rounders possibly, but they still need to be able to take the ball from the defence and link it to the front ‘four’ - hopefully a four if Gerrard plays Hagi as a ten. The two need to have an engine though, that’s why I’m still not sure about letting Docherty go as he could do a job (IMO) as a backup for one of those positions.

And as much as I’ll criticise Kamara at times, he certainly doesn’t hide. The opposite is true, he’s too laid back at times and thinks he has time for five touches when he barely has time for one.

Great signing, great talent. Looking forward to a full day of interviews and clips and announcements on official channels and discussion on Hagi with prominent fan platforms (FF/H&H etc) haven't enjoyed in the slightest wee guys on social media claiming to be ITK posting he's signed for the past month. You know %^*& all wee guys and it's tiresome.

Disagree on two counts here. You don’t need two destroyers for the majority of games in this league. All-rounders possibly, but they still need to be able to take the ball from the defence and link it to the front ‘four’ - hopefully a four if Gerrard plays Hagi as a ten. The two need to have an engine though, that’s why I’m still not sure about letting Docherty go as he could do a job (IMO) as a backup for one of those positions.

And as much as I’ll criticise Kamara at times, he certainly doesn’t hide. The opposite is true, he’s too laid back at times and thinks he has time for five touches when he barely has time for one.

I should have said that more clearly I suppose. Need a box to box midfielder and a CDM for Hagi to excel. By destroyer, I just meant does his job well. No fukcery so to speak.

Oezil as an example in how to play Hagi.

Phuck, with Borna, Aribo, Kent, Hagi and Buff. Right there is five players that have no peer in our wee corrupt league. One or two more and we have us a collective of 55’ers.

Haw Ginger Baws, that’s £75m of talent (minimum) right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back