Hagi out for the season

Terrible news for the lad. There is no quick solution to it for him other than patience and a great deal of very hard work. Haste ye back, Ianis.

A lot of people will be unhappy about this but I think it might work out in our favour.
If we can get someone in with a bit more pace and who can still change a game, then it might be a blessing in disguise.
I think Gio has been shoehorning in Ianis come what may since he has come in and Ianis has not been at his best.

Was in BR5 on Friday and it happened right in front of us

Looked a bad one but then once he got up and was walking about thought it was gonna be ok and he just came off as a precaution.

Knee reconstruction?

Is that as serious as it sounds? Ffs
Very serious. As well as being gutted for the lad, I sometimes feel we are cursed. As far back as I can remember we get at least one really serious injury per season to a first team player. I won’t even begin to list them all but anyone as old as me will remember.

At least we won’t need to worry about him losing his explosive pace … :))

In all seriousness disappointing for him, hope he makes a full recovery. But it might work out well short term.

He doesn’t have the directness or pace required for GVB’s winger roles & he’s not getting ahead of Aribo.

Hopefully this forces us to go & get a right sided attacker.

We’ll be lucky to see him before September/October time.

A real shame for him but if anyone has the attitude to come back stronger it’s him.

surprised he walked off with a cruciate injury so it can’t be too bad (4 months isn’t too bad for knee).

i can imagine there would be ligament damage as his leg clashed in mid air, imagine the leg went different directions above and below the knee and he did call to the bench as soon as it happened

In all seriousness disappointing for him, hope he makes a full recovery. But it might work out well short term.

He doesn’t have the directness or pace required for GVB’s winger roles & he’s not getting ahead of Aribo.

Charmer.

From where I was sitting it looked pretty innocuous. Saw him after the game on crutches and feared the worst

A lot of people will be unhappy about this but I think it might work out in our favour.
If we can get someone in with a bit more pace and who can still change a game, then it might be a blessing in disguise.
I think Gio has been shoehorning in Ianis come what may since he has come in and Ianis has not been at his best.
Terrible comment, get a grip

No. Both players went for the ball, defender nipped infront and put it out for the corner, and there was a collision but Hagi took the brunt of it.
We saw it in BF5 and knew it was a bad one straight away. I was surprised we he got up and walked about to be honest. I also seem to remember Beaton gave a free kick to the opposition, not a corner, but I'm old and memory isn't great. Gutted for Hagi.

Massive chance for Lowry to get game time or for Bacuna to stake a claim the club really need to make moves this week in terms of ins and outs
Got to be Lowry's chance. Unfortunate circumstances, but what an opportunity for the young guy. BTW his goal on Friday and overall performance reminded me of a young Ian Durrant. A big accolade, I know, considering he's only played 1 first team game against lower league opposition, but I really thought he did the business when he came on. I post this knowing that it will likely draw comparisons with some of the rubbish the dhims are spouting about some of their new signings being the next Iniesta, Xavi, Maradona, Pele or whoever, but I really think Alex Lowry has a big future in the Royal Blue. Any other bears thinking along similar lines?

Siriki Dembele left out the Peterborough side tonight as he’s expected to be leaving

Wonder if he still have any interest in him…
Think a bid of £1.5m has been rejected for him was reading it earlier can't mind who the team was

Big blow for the squad for the rest of this season. Also a blow as Hagi does have a good market value if they club were tempted.

Speedy return Ianis.

Think a bid of £1.5m has been rejected for him was reading it earlier can't mind who the team was
Think a lot of rumours around Bournemouth wanting him

Just found it interesting as he’s a player we’ve been linked with for a while

Form aside he’s a creative player and one of few we have who moves well off the ball and looks to make things happen.

This is an absolute hammer blow for us, horrible season for Hagi all in all

He’s an intelligent player and one who despite frustrating lapses of form we will miss.

Never seem to get any minor injuries, do we.

Never good to hear of any of our players getting a bad injury.
I hope your surgery went well and hopefully you can get back to full fitness in time.
Stay strong young man.

Scroll back and read any match thread on here, Hagi gets slated in them all for not contributing, being lazy, living on his dads reputation etc

Hagi out for the season, lets get into the market, he needs to be replaced, we cant afford to have him out this long, hes vital to Gio's game plan etc

What a weird and wonderful thing these forums are.

Get back soon Ianis, you will now be missed. :p

What a fanny.

Terrible news, for some reason the current favourite whipping boy on FF, but he will be very much missed.
Also, puts the guy who was suggesting he went off on Friday because ‘he didn’t fancy it’ in his place.
Haste ye back Ianis.

Back