Hagi Position In Team

55 and counting

When we 1st signed him I read and heard that 1 of the issues with him at Genk was they were playing him wide and you don't get the best of him out there.
Now I know the management team will say he's playing as a 10 but just from a wider area and he has permission to roam but with Aribo playing more central of late out wide is where he ends up.
We then had him getting high long diagonal balls punted to him on Wednesday night in the 2nd half.Now he might be many things but he's not Jig in Walter's 2nd spell of winning those balls and others playing off the knock downs.
Long story short play the boy as a traditional central 10 and let's try and get the best out of his obvious talents.If that means Aribo sits out for a few games that's just the way it has to go.

I would play him through the middle off Morelos. Problem is that wont work with our formation so cannot see it happening.
I'd have him in front of Davis and Jack and tell him to go and influence the game in the final 3rd with defensive responsibilities 2nd.Obvious games you can't do that but tomorrow and Wednesday night you can.

He's a ten. He said it himself. Shoving him out wide or up front is wasting him. Same for Aribo who isn't an inside right and Kent who isn't an inside left. Play players in position please. Tweak the formation to suit the players you have or buy players to suit the formation you desire.

I would play him through the middle off Morelos. Problem is that wont work with our formation so cannot see it happening.
100% agree he has to play central. the formation were playinf just now isnt working anymore so a change is needed.

The ball he played through to Aribo the other night was a shining example of whats been missing from the team, for that reason, as a 10 for me, and as the ONLY 10 in the team, with 2 wingers or 2 CF's.

He's a pure #10, all of his good work is done centrally. He finds space, takes it on the half turn and makes something happen... We're starting him on the right nullifying what he does best.

All the good things he's done have been when he's drifted centrally himself: the two chances put on a plate for Alfredo, the chance for Aribo, the cutting pass through to Tav...we've got a tremendous talent on our hands, I'd like us not to minimise his ability.

He should be playing in the midfield three as an attacking 10. That's how you get the best out of him imv.

He would add much needed technique, skill and creativity to things in the middle of the park.

I can't see it happening though as we seem hell bent on playing it safe with 3 holding midfielders at all times.

Play to his strengths. His strengths are not from a wider position. It does mean either a change of shape or someone else has to drop out. For that reason not sure we'll ever really see him truly play the role he wants.

He’s a number 10 and should be played as such.

I don’t like this ‘two inside 10s’ formation we have. Because our 10s are not wingers but they’re not picking up the ball centrally either (where a creator can cause most havoc). So in effect we are playing with no real number 10.

That’s criminal when you have a talent like Hagi.

We have a great winger in Kent and a great number 10 in Hagi - and both are playing out of position in my view. I’d go 4-2-3-1 and play them in their right positions. Crazy idea I know.

Exactly what I’d like to see tomorrow.

A midfield of (left to right): Aribo, Jack, Davis, Arfield with Hagi in the hole behind Alfie.

(Admittedly this may not work as well if Barisic is still missing)

Play him as one of the midfield 3 but in a more advanced role.

I would almost give him a free role. Let him drop deep occasionally and try mix it up a bit

Signing one of the most coveted young number 10s in Europe and then playing him off the right hand touchline as a winger.

Absolutely fucking mindblowing.

think of the players we've had over the years that we never got the best out of due them being played wide

Let's see if he can play before we start to build a team around him.He scored with a fine finish against aHibs.He got a slap on the nose against Hamilton and Dis appeared .He copped a late one against Killie and disappeared.I hope I'm wrong but I have big doubts that this kid will handle Scottish Football.

He is a 10 who plays in the hole, he was played wide right the other night and had a quiet game. Could not understand that as he was MOTM plaYing the 10 role in games before

Let's see if he can play before we start to build a team around him.He scored with a fine finish against aHibs.He got a slap on the nose against Hamilton and Dis appeared .He copped a late one against Killie and disappeared.I hope I'm wrong but I have big doubts that this kid will handle Scottish Football.

Im the same as you

The boy is not a winger, just like aribo and arfeild arent. Gerrard yet again getting this one wrong i feel

Mentioned this before but a Romanian friend who has followed his career since it started was telling me last night he always plays a No.10 position for his club and for his national team.

I suggest we wait for a game or two to find out for ourselves his strengths, play him as a winger for a game or so, see if he wanders or waits to be served. The boy looks to me to be a feeder or set up man. He will make more opportunities than be a scorer himself. It is early of course and this might be a loada shite.

I hope we start playing him in the middle as a proper number 10. 4231 tomorrow Kent Left, Hagi in the middle, Stewart right, Alfredo up top.

He's a ten. He said it himself. Shoving him out wide or up front is wasting him. Same for Aribo who isn't an inside right and Kent who isn't an inside left. Play players in position please. Tweak the formation to suit the players you have or buy players to suit the formation you desire.

Millions per cent

Bench, got slaughtered on here on Wednesday for a comparison I made, has done nothing to convince me otherwise.

Aribo was given a free role. Time he got the hook and gave Hagi a similar role in a run of 4-6 games.

I can see hagi being rested tomorrow i am going to stick my neck out and say Kent should be dropped aswell. Midfield 3 of davis jack arfield with Jones morelos aribo infront of them..seriously need to change it up tomorrow because we have shown we are incapable of breaking teams down

When we 1st signed him I read and heard that 1 of the issues with him at Genk was they were playing him wide and you don't get the best of him out there.
Now I know the management team will say he's playing as a 10 but just from a wider area and he has permission to roam but with Aribo playing more central of late out wide is where he ends up.
We then had him getting high long diagonal balls punted to him on Wednesday night in the 2nd half.Now he might be many things but he's not Jig in Walter's 2nd spell of winning those balls and others playing off the knock downs.
Long story short play the boy as a traditional central 10 and let's try and get the best out of his obvious talents.If that means Aribo sits out for a few games that's just the way it has to go.
I agree with you on Aribo sitting out but I don't think Hagi is a number 10 but time will tell.

He has to be played in the middle. He had a few opportunities in the Hibs game but against Hamilton he was getting in behind time & time again & that’s what we need when playing against 10 defenders.

What was worrying about the press conference today was Gerrard 'looked at the numbers' and apparently killie game was similar stats to the Hibs game.. now I watched both games and they were absolutely nothing like each other. The main stat being up 3-0 and cruising. I fear he's not laying into the players enough and saying we've not got the rub off the green

I hope I'm wrong and it's just a faced for the press!! Please be this..

His old man should point SG in the right direction. As much as we pontificate on here the message has to be delivered by a respected messenger!

Agree with this, might be better using him as an impact sub for the next few games before our crowd get on his back whilst he settles.

What's the point to use him as a sub if he will only come on in the 80th minute. Play him if he is fit. Throw him in the fire so he can get burned and keep moving forward and progress. That's essential for a youngster that's new to the league as long as his performance at least matches the rest of the team.

Gerrard 100% needs to change the formation to suit the players we have to get the best out them .

We have become far too predictable to every side we come up against .

He has to be seen to be doing something yo combat this .

We play our best players in their best positions and fill in the rest from there. That’s the simple way to do it.

Gerrard 100% needs to change the formation to suit the players we have to get the best out them .

We have become far too predictable to every side we come up against .

He has to be seen to be doing something yo combat this .

I've been saying this for a while. Hearts and KIllie played 2 up top, drop off the centre backs and flood the midfield. We need to change , formation or personell.

He has to be played in the middle. He had a few opportunities in the Hibs game but against Hamilton he was getting in behind time & time again & that’s what we need when playing against 10 defenders.
That's great he's getting in behind but who then do we have to feed him?
I'd like to see him in front 3 with Stewart and Morelos,that to me looks like goals,certainly opportunities at least,3 at back and 4 across the middle,need to show intent now and at least have a go

Back