Hagi sell on clause a must

Man on the post

If the 15-20m rumours are true we are underselling our biggest assest in years. I get the bean counters will be happy the numbers add up.

In Todays crazy market he is a 25M player easy, his next move if his projectory remains constant and he fufills his potential in a bigger league is £30-40M easy.

A 10/20% sell on clause is a must!!!!

FWIW I would build a team around him if his will is there and I understand if it's not.

He’s an incredible talent. Attitude is bang on the money also. He will never be fully appreciated in Scottish football.

Sell on percentage is huge as he has the same tools as a certain guy that plays for Man City that doesn’t have any pace or flys into tackles.

Ffs. If there are going to he threads on this until January then I think I will actually lose the will to live.

Haji is not a 20m euro player, he is also no where near being a Jose type player.
You getting raging at the fact one of our players might be going for €20m?

I’m actually wondering if you even watch us. Hagi is outstanding on the ball and he’s willing to run, tackle and wear his heart on his sleeve.

He’s every description of a Jose player possible.

I’m actually wondering if you even watch us. Hagi is outstanding on the ball and he’s willing to run, tackle and wear his heart on his sleeve.

Really? A Jose player? Love to hear your reasoning?

Il take a charity bet with you the now that he won't go for 20 million. He's a squad player for us, it's no secret we want to sell at the right price. With clubs knowing that do you think they are starting the bid at 20 million when we all know 10 million would have got him in the summer.

Il take a charity bet with you the now that he won't go for 20 million. He's a squad player for us, it's no secret we want to sell at the right price. With clubs knowing that do you think they are starting the bid at 20 million when we all know 10 million would have got him in the summer.
Agree. Will be a while before we are punting players for 20 million bucks.

There's a contingent on here who seem to delight in talking down our players values.
20million euros is a massive transfer fee for us. I love Hagi but get realistic please. It's almost double our largest ever fee in.

Yeah, but our record transfer was a long, long time ago and transfer fees have since exploded. We've only had players that other teams would actually pay for the last couple years (for very obvious reasons), and we should expect to blow our previous fee out of the water soon.

People are too obsessed with what ifs, a sell on clause is a what if for me. What if he becomes a first pick for a top team in a top league, well if that's his potential then give me more money up front and reinvested, than a what if

Hagi's transfer value seems to be rising exponentially with every new thread.
We've been so poor in our transfer dealings over recent times, particularly when it comes to selling players.

I think as par for the course if Rangers sell any player whos likely to move on again for value they should put a sell-on clause in.

Hagi is clearly a very talented player and while its nuclear how well he can channel that and where itll take him, you can see hes going to be an in-demand player wherever he goes. He will transfer again and it will be for a good fee. Maybe he'll do really well at his next club then move for £20M, maybe he'll do well and then move again for £10M, maybe less so. Whatever comes Rangers should make money off it having played an intricate role in developing him and giving him a platform to showcase the talent which is attracting attention now far more than it did before.

So they should with Hagi, Kamara, Morelos whoever else is sold.

We here a lot about Rangers transfer team being really good and the model of the club being in place. Well lets see it.

If the 15-20m rumours are true we are underselling our biggest assest in years. I get the bean counters will be happy the numbers add up.

In Todays crazy market he is a 25M player easy, his next move if his projectory remains constant and he fufills his potential in a bigger league is £30-40M easy.

FWIW I would build a team around him if his will is there and I understand if it's not.

"A must" with 4 exclamation marks. Really?!

And yet you suggest that you don't mind selling £15-£20m.

Let's do the maths. You don't mind at all about the £5m potentially being quibbles for in up front fee, but are prioritising a sell on fee as the essential thing. Bare in mind that sell on feels are almost always based on a percentage of profit. Let's say your top end £40m transfer to a 3rd club happens after a few years (BIG IF), making a £25m profit to the club we sold to if we sold for £15m with a sell on. Even of that sell on was 20%, that is only £5m.

So you see. Selling for £15m with a 20% sell on would bring in max £20m unless Hagi goes properly supernova (unlikely at his age), and more than likely would bring in little else if the selling club fail to make little or any profit.

If we sell for £20m, we get that money up front, no ifs and buts. That is a scenario that shows that securing a sell on fee is NOT always a must. I'd much rather selling for £20m up front than £15m with a 20% sell on. Both theoretically earn you £20m in the long run, but only one is guarenteed. Therefore, a sell on is NOT a must, if the negotiations instead allow us to secure the money up front instead.

Follow me?

Nothing like a couple of weeks out with Covid and a decent second half performance at home to Livi to quadruple your value in the eyes of the Rangers fans

Let's see if Hagi is still hitting the same heights at Xmas before we start banding around figures of €25m for him.

Definite talent there, but we're now two full seasons in to his time here and he's yet to establish himself as a first pick. Any Rangers player worth anywhere near €20m would be one of, if not thee, first names on our team sheet every game - Hagi is nowhere near that point currently.

Last edited:
You can’t even spell his fkn name and it’s got 4 letters.
The most stressful thing about these transfer threads is the spelling. Remember Jack Wilshere or was it Wilkshire or Wiltshire? Then when Chris Hughton was getting the chop he suddenly was related to Ray Houghton. Now I'm confused as to who we might be selling. It is Hagi or el Hadji Diouf or perhaps even Mustapha Hadji?

Rangers should put a stop to this by only buying and selling players called Billy.

This thread highlights everything about FF.

Hagi is a really good footballer who has a lot of potential. Whether he realises that is yet to be seen. He is also in and out of the current Rangers team, as he can be inconsistent.

But no.

On here, you have to say he’s either a £40m world beater, or you have to say he’s crap.

It is mental.

I love him and that but I would take the 20 million, it's been too long since we saw 4 players on the park signed at the same time, same day, all holding the same scarf, and 20 million would mean a real chance of that happening and I am all about images like that, it's not really a transfer for me unless they are unveiled in that fashion, so it's a no to a sell on fee as that would decrease the chance of that happening, so for that reason I'm out.

This gets said about every player that attracts interest. Alfie was our biggest asset in years, as was Kamara and Kent.
20m for a player that can’t cement a first team place is great money and we will accept it

There's a contingent on here who seem to delight in talking down our players values.

Yeah, but our record transfer was a long, long time ago and transfer fees have since exploded. We've only had players that other teams would actually pay for the last couple years (for very obvious reasons), and we should expect to blow our previous fee out of the water soon.

Saying 20m euros is a massive offer for Hagi isn't talking his value down though. We signed him for £3.5 last season.

I just think that sort of money in is a great deal for the club and we don't have any realistic chance of commanding a higher fee.

Out of curiosity, what sort of offer would you expect to attract for Hagi? Bearing in mind the record transfer for a player out of Scotland is 25m.

I literally just told you why.

He’s not scared of a defensive shift either, especially in Europe. He works extremely hard for the team and he can change the game in a blink of a eye going forward.

Severely underrated player last season, by our own support and Scottish football. This year so far it looks like he’s took his game to a new level, he’s taken on more responsibility and playing with a lot more intensity.

Hagi is imo our most talented player. The one thing he lacks is pace. Which is why for the most part he’s been in and out of the team as we played with wide 10s. This season we’ve actually deployed a proper 10 so hopefully we can see him in that role a bit more

jose-mourinhos-porto-team-of-2004-where-are-they-now_1vrpr060v4rpl1o2o0xg4ryff9.jpg

My daughter’s partner is a fanatic Roma supporter. He says that they are well covered in that area and there has been no comments on Roma fans forums about this. File under gossip.

People are too obsessed with what ifs, a sell on clause is a what if for me. What if he becomes a first pick for a top team in a top league, well if that's his potential then give me more money up front and reinvested, than a what if
This. I don’t think people have stopped and done the maths.

Sell on clauses are usually on the profit. See Penoard and PSG or that contract in Turkey on here this week.

Say you have a 10 or 20% sell on fee on profit. We sell Hagi for £15m for example. He is then sold for £30mil. The profit is £15mil. We get £1.5m at 10%, 3m at 20% obviously.

You‘re getting all het up over £1.5m potentially?

Focus on the up front fee and not the far less important sell on that FF seems to have developed a collective hard on for over recent years.

He also currently plays a 32 year old Mkhitaryan regularly who has less pace than Hagi and works significantly less off the ball.

Don't think it makes much sense though in fairness, they've got Pellegrini who is a tremendous attacking midfielder, Zaniolo getting back to full fitness, Perez, El Shaarawy, etc...

Admin, please merge with Hagi thread. Not sure the club need yet more obvious advice on how to do a deal but FF just loves to tell them

Only 24 players went for £25 million+ in the summer transfer window. All of them moved between the top 5 leagues, none from a smaller league.

I like Hagi a lot but it isn't reality that he's a £25 million player in the current market.

Ffs. If there are going to he threads on this until January then I think I will actually lose the will to live.

Haji is not a 20m euro player, he is also no where near being a Jose type player.
Totally agree

the amount of people that start a thread for the sake of starting one is infuriating

This thread has reminded me, when's the new Football Manager out anyway?
Wnt - Guangzhou, Sipg

Ianis is the guy for this season. He was the guy last season too in the tight 1 goal matches. He has it all.

The injury ruling him out of Malmo was fatal.

Yup we hear this type of stuff all the time, players worth £30M who don't seem to attract any kind of serious interest.
Be absolutely fascinated to hear how a player who can't command a regular place in our team is worth £25M...easy.

We don't half like getting carried away.

Why would you not want Rangers to get top dollar or even more for a player? That mentality has my smack gobbed.

For the record, I don't want to lose the boy.

Back