Hagi should we take up the option to buy.

I think we should, yes. Hes blew hot and cold at times but he looks like he can become some player. I was impressed with his worth ethic too. Chasing back and getting stuck into tackles. I like him.

If we stop playing him wide right yes,either we tweak the system to a 4-2-3-1 with him as the ten or we play him as one of the two midfielders either side of a new defensive anchor man.

He is not a wide right player.

Yes , but we will need to buy other good quality players to back him up and add to the squad to see the best in him and developing his potential further

Money is going to be fairly tight. I’d be hesitant of shelling 4m on him but if there wasn’t much else emerging ......

yes we should as we would at worst, get the money back if we sold him. Whether we have a spare £4m or whatever after the corona virus is a different matter

I’d take the slight risk and sign him. He is a good player who can improve and he will start next season knowing the tactics we play and the expectation levels compared to a new player coming in.

In an ideal world I would definitely take up the option.

In the current circumstances, I just don't think it will be possible. Unless there are outgoings for good fees.

Absolute no brainer for me.
The boy is a class act so i would sign him.
We have seen in previous years guys come in and initially do well such as Hyndman, Goss and even Cummings was a favourite but I genuinely believe this boy can be a star :)

Absolutely we should, the boy has shown immense quality and his best years are in front of him.

He’s an improvement on what we have so no objection to signing him. We need an out and out winner in the middle of the park, someone who’s not afraid of being in a losing position and has the belief that he’s good enough to over turn any losing situation.

Probably no club in the league is in a position to buy anyone, maybe signing players on loan or out of contract players.

I think it will only be selling we'll be doing in the summer, if we can find buyers, all clubs in Europe will be tightening budgets.

Are you aware of what £1.5m usually gets you?

£4m for a player like Hagi is a bargain.
Maybe not for next season though. There is not going to be the same amount of money available for players.
Don't think a 50% reduction in transfer fees is unrealistic.

If we have the money and we are actually going to play him in his correct position then yes.

If we'd be intending on playing him out wide again then no I wouldn't.

It's a lot of money, and unless we're already tied in to buying him for that price then it's a tough decision for me. Basically because money may well be tight with this current situation we're all going through. He's a good young player no doubt about that but not stuck out wide. I would only pay that kind of money if we use him where he contributes most and that's not out on the wings.

Maybe not for next season though. There is not going to be the same amount of money available for players.
Don't think a 50% reduction in transfer fees is unrealistic.

It is unrealistic.

For example, Spurs are not going to suddenly want any less of a transfer fee from whoever wants him just because Coronavirus ran rampant. They would not budge so why would any other club?

It is unrealistic.

For example, Spurs are not going to suddenly want any less of a transfer fee from whoever wants him just because Coronavirus ran rampant. They would not budge so why would any other club?
Because they don't have any money. Stoopid :D

He probably won’t want to sign a contract, well that’s what happens on Football manager, nightmare :confused::D

In all seriousness, I think we will sign him, hopefully build the team around him for the coming years, great prospect.

I would have my doubts as to whether we'll have 4 million to spend on anyone once we're out the other side of this pandemic but if its doable and he's willing, then yes.
He needs to be played centrally though, or it would be money wasted imo

Back