Hagi should we take up the option to buy.

Yes, we'll make a fortune on him in a couple of years when he leaves with some medals in his pockets.

Potential to be a Laudrup type. If we want to start winning and getting to the next level we needs players like Hagi

In all honesty, you could argue he has had a bigger impact than Kent last season, in a shorter period. Also take in to consideration the team have been woeful bar v Braga.

£4m is a bargain if he is in the right team.

Raises the question of transfer fees post corona virus.

I guess it depends on whether Sky and BT will be able to throw the same amount of money at the game.

Still unlikely to make any difference up here anyway so if he's going to cost 4/5 million I can't see how we'll be able to afford him regardless of whether he's worth the money or not.

You sign players like Hagi to play in matches like European last 16 ties. Yet he sat on the bench. Pointless spending €5m on a player who's not making the starting 11 in said matches.

Also pointless playing him in a role that doesn't suit his style of play or attributes.

I don't like our system, the manager is too stubborn to change it and even although Beale insists that we play with two number 10's - Hagi finds himself in a more wide position than his preferred 10 role.

In all honesty, you could argue he has had a bigger impact than Kent last season, in a shorter period. Also take in to consideration the team have been woeful bar v Braga.

£4m is a bargain if he is in the right team.

In all honesty you could argue that we were taken for £7 mil by Liverpool.
For £7 mil we could have got better.
For £4 mil, from what I've seen, we could do better than Hagi, decent wee player but as of yet haven't seen enough to convince.

If we have the money then yes , but must be played in the correct position as an aside we should also test Copenhagen out with a bid for their right back who was excellent against them at the sty

Only if he's played in his best position. No use in shelling out that money and then putting him on the wing.

I would love us to sign him but only if we can afford some decent other midfielders that we desperately need .

I'm along the lines of David Edgar's way of thinking here. Even if we don't want to spend £4 million on him, you still do it because at the very least, you're going to make your money back on him.

It's a shame I already know we'll see countless threads on him next season (if there is one) about how much of a waste of money he is ala Ryan Kent

This place will be a nightmare. Again.

Yes but as it’s been said let’s see what cash is left and what the state of football is in next season. If league falls apart not required.

Absolutely, if we can afford him.

He showed his worth when he dragged us back into the game against Leverkusen at home.

They’ve got money problems. Hagi was not the only top player for them to be allowed to leave either on loan or permanently. This issue will have its costs, I wonder if a deal can be struck for a lower price.

Think it’ll depend on the finances once we know a bit more where we’ll be at the end of this. The boys a player and should have good sell on value so hopefully

Hagi has undoubted talent and enormous further potential. We should build the team around him. But he needs to play in the centre of midfield / attacking midfield where would be most effective for us.

I haven’t seen enough of the boy to say one way or another particularly considering he doesn’t look overly comfortable in the position we are deploying him in. I would like to think Stevie G has though seen enough of him but where we are after covid-19 financially will be a massive influence on any decision.

Definitely, however, will we be in a position to do so? It may take football sometime to recover from the current on-goings.

giphy.gif

Abso-fuckin-lutely.

If the reported £4m buy out clause is accurate then we’d struggle to justify that spend on him given the likely impacts of the current situation.

Besides if we have no intention of ever modifying our system and continue to play him on the wing, we won’t get the best out of him.

Back