Hagi - slowly turning into the playmaker we have needed for years?

DocStone

Administrator
Staff member
Today, for me, Hagi was MOTM by a distance which speaks volumes with how good Kent and Davis were. He seemed to be everywhere, involved in everything and never, ever gave up. Some of his touches are just disgusting (in a great way) and his vision is something you just cannot teach.

I truly believe he is going to blossom under Gerrard and will achieve amazing things in his career, wherever it takes him.

He's a really good instinctive one and two touch player. He can be frustrating at times because he can dwell a bit on the ball and lose it but that does seem to be happening less and less. Loads of potential and you wonder how good he might be 12-18 months from now.

I thought he had a cracking game today . Only thing missing was a goal.
He’s a very intelligent player and he looks like he’s getting to grips with the physical nature of the Scottish game .
Definitely has the ability to be that player you refer to Doc

Today, for me, Hagi was MOTM by a distance which speaks volumes with how good Kent and Davis were. He seemed to be everywhere, involved in everything and never, ever gave up. Some of his touches are just disgusting (in a great way) and his vision is something you just cannot teach.

I truly believe he is going to blossom under Gerrard and will achieve amazing things in his career, wherever it takes him.

We still dont use him as much as I would like. He almost always gets into space.

I love him, great to see him get 90mins as well, will be good for his fitness.

Time and time again we’ve seen players at Rangers take time to adapt to the pace and physicality of the Scottish game then flourish when they do. Hagi had a great day today and, I agree, we are beginning to see the real player in there.

He was brilliant today. Said it in Match thread but it just shows what a run of games and gaining a bit of confidence does.

He was doing a little bit of everything today

Not just creativity

If he adds that consistently to his game he’ll become a top top player

Been our best player the past two months.

He uses his body so well which allows him to protect the ball whilst his quick brain makes up for the pace deficiency.

He likes having shot, can strike it cleanly but needs to work on his accuracy.

Once he does that he will be lethal, defenders won’t know whether to stand off him or close him down.

Might not always be involved, but will always create at least one big chance. Which is reflected in his assists & his xA.

Second half today, Ianis was sensational. Everything about him was right, movement, passing, use of his body, invention, decision making and work rate. A complete performance for a 10. If he continues to improve he will make a huge contribution.

A little fine tuning and he’ll start rattling them in regularly from outside the 18yr line. His shooting is ferocious and just needs a little more accuracy. An asset we’ve missed for a long time.

No one better than SG to coach this too. Hagi will be massive for us next season I suspect.

Couldn’t agree more he’s been outstanding today and please don’t underestimate this boys work rate

I can’t argue with a word of this.
For me, and I mentioned similar on the match thread, he’s going to be a star.

Delighted that he has chosen to play with us, as others have mentioned, he will end up playing a higher level of Football than us.

He's absolutely added a great bit to his game since he arrived, my only concern is that he is more suited to European type football than the Scottish version.

I feel that the refs giving opposition players impunity to have a kick at him has perhaps led him to pull out of certain challenges where he may have won the ball. To be clear this isn't a criticism of Hagi but of Scottish football.

We're never going to get finished products with hour budget but in the last 12 months Hagi has shown a lot of progression and quality

As with all players of his type he'll not always beat his man and will lose possession and that's what can stick in people's minds but when he does beat his man it opens up the whole front line for us.

Once he finds his shooting boots well have a job hanging on to him.

Absolutely love the guy, always wanting the ball. The pass for Jack was so calm and in his stride. His attitude when out of the side was exemplary and he’s now paying dividends for remaining focussed.

Not long ago, you couldn't see him getting in the team but for me he's been our best player last 6 weeks or so. The guy will get better in my opinion

Back