Hagi - slowly turning into the playmaker we have needed for years?

Today, for me, Hagi was MOTM by a distance which speaks volumes with how good Kent and Davis were. He seemed to be everywhere, involved in everything and never, ever gave up. Some of his touches are just disgusting (in a great way) and his vision is something you just cannot teach.

I truly believe he is going to blossom under Gerrard and will achieve amazing things in his career, wherever it takes him.
He was fantastic, pity he didn’t score. Lost the ball a couple of times, kept going, great strength of character, Assist, I enjoyed his play today into every nook and cranny.

You’re correct, pace would have him out of our price range.
Can we go and get Margot Wells to come and teach him how to run! With a wee bit of pace he would be unbelievable. He has the ability and brains. He will not go to very top level only because of his lack of pace.

I’m sure I read that his Dad recently moved over here? I wonder if that has coincided with his recent form.

Either way, he’s playing really well just now.

Great man management from Gerrard, yet again.

Having a good season, growing into it well. Never hides, always puts in a shift, and tries to make things happen.

I like Hagi a lot even though he can be quite infuriating at times. Just needs to work on his shooting as it can be a bit wild and not trip over himself so much.

Thought he was excellent today.

Another excellent game from Hagi today.

The Dhims go on about Turnbull like he’s the new saviour. Yet compare his stats this season to Hagi. Similar ages, similar fees.

Premier League stats from Transfermarkt:

Starts: Hagi 14, Turnbull 14
Minutes Played: Hagi 1265 mins, Turnbull 1218 mins
Goals: Hagi 3, Turnbull 5
Assists: Hagi 9, Turnbull 2

Yet one is hailed as their saviour and certain starter and the other, by some, as a fringe player fighting to keep his place.
Great analysis, they are both good players who will get better. Today is the best I have seen Hagi play he was everywhere.

I love his work rate and clearly talented with both feet. He will be really special in years to come. No doubt.

I think he is a smashing player. He has outrageous skill, but there is clearly a streak in him that has a real determination. He is going to do very, very well in his career.

After Braga last season I was absolutely delighted that we made it permanent and that the craziness of Covid didn’t cause any issues, he is only going to get better.

Great player! He may not play every minute but he contributes to so many goals. Can only improve as well.

Today, for me, Hagi was MOTM by a distance which speaks volumes with how good Kent and Davis were. He seemed to be everywhere, involved in everything and never, ever gave up. Some of his touches are just disgusting (in a great way) and his vision is something you just cannot teach.

I truly believe he is going to blossom under Gerrard and will achieve amazing things in his career, wherever it takes him.
Makes a mockery of some fans impatience when you can see he's developing and adjusting.Thats a year in.
I think we'll likely see the best of Itten next season also with a bit of luck.
Aribo has also taken time.

Our league might be awful in some ways but it's caught an awful lot of decent players out,Barisic as good as he is, is probably a good example of how difficult it is to adapt.

I think he’s a good player and the potential to get even better. I also think he deals well with the physical side and works hard.

My concern about him at Rangers is that I don’t think he is particularly well suited to the “2 10s” system we currently play most of the time. I think he’s best as an old school 10 in a 4-2-3-1 or maybe the top of a diamond, much like his old man.

But he’s not complaining if he doesn’t play (his old man has even defended the manager publicly about that) and he’s obviously trying hard to get better in our system. He’s still young and I think he is going to have a very good career. He certainly has the talent and appears to have the attitude too. We just need to give him time.

He’s clearly quality and think if he had pace then he’d be top class.

Glad to see him getting a run in the team though as he looked way short of confidence and form in the early part of the season.

I’m sure I read that his Dad recently moved over here? I wonder if that has coincided with his recent form.

Either way, he’s playing really well just now.

Great man management from Gerrard, yet again.
His missus just moved over a couple of months back, I’m sure you are correct though about his dad.

That will have had a massive impact on him mentally.

Cracking player. Might lose the ball more than you'd like but he'll also create something out of nothing. Been brilliant since he broke back into the side.

Generally speaking he’s wildly inconsistent but if he can show today’s sort of form more regularly then we’ve struck gold really. I love how much he’s standing up to the physical battle now too.

He was good today and the bonus for us is his age he can develop into a really good player under this management team

Today for me hagi was brilliant doing a lot of dirty work that goes unnoticed . His link up play was excellent

Hagi is a young player with lots of faults ahead of him, not the least inconsistency.
Evidence suggests there is a proper CL player in there, we should persist and develop the positives.

I have always had the impression that a lot of supporters don’t appreciate he is still relatively young. He has shown in glimpses the amount of quality he has and working under Gerrard he will only get better and he can be a top player for us.
Look how Gerrard has grown Tav.

This will be another case of that, he's been one of the most consistent performers last month

I thought he was excellent today. Always wanting the ball and chasing it down when he lost it.
He is also keen to have Ave a ho which some of the other players aren’t for some reason. Big future in the game...

His potential is incredible.

He's got the requisite physicality, but it's the application and the technical capability that is the most impressive aspect.

He's relentless. Goes on a run, gets hacked down, gets up and dusts himself off, goes again.

They can hack him down 9 times out of 10, but it's that 10th time he breaks through the defence and lays off an incredible ball for an assist that kills off the opposition.

That's why he has the most assists in the league, he breaks defenders down and then when they're at their lowest and know they're on the back foot he turns them inside out and does something superb.

He lacks a burst of pace and sometimes makes the wrong decisions. The latter will come. He'll play at a higher level than the SPFL. CL next season for starters B-D
He is probably just a touch slow of the mark to get to the very top but I think he is a fantastic footballer.
If he did have that burst of speed he maybe wouldn't be with us in the first place.

He is frustrating but. He will click n score a couple long rangers this year he has toughened up this year

See him running back to make a tackle in the 90th min he’s not just a play maker. He’s a great team player

Ive a lot of time tor the guy . Great skills , particularly the two sided skills he has developed .

He has that key trait too where he has the guts to take all the responsibility any time every time .

He will always get a cuppa at Chez CoG lol

Thought jack brought out the best in him.

He's a young player with the world at his feet and does things at times that nobody else can.

He could be world class

I really rate him. He has a lot of potential, but at times I think he looks like he has something missing in his game. At times this season he looked off it, but that might have been down to not getting a run of games or the fact he is still developing. My fear is that he might be one of those players who threatens to be exceptional, but just falls short. Wish him the best.

He is a great talent and was fantastic today but I do worry about him sometimes.

His first touch is often poor, he seems to lose the ball a lot, he is too slow and doesn’t score enough goals.

Young enough to develop and I hope he proves me wrong.

As much as we have concerns for the Hagi’s Aribo’s & Kent, we are still re-building and are speculating to accumulate. Each of the aforementioned are definitely ahead of many of their peers in the game & when we move them on we will be in a better financial position to replace them.

As mentioned he still makes mistakes but that's to be expected at his age. What makes it not a problem though is that when he does he tries twice as hard to make up for it and doesn't let it get to him.

The boy is turning into a star

both feet and starting to put himself about,

13 assists for the amount of games hes played is not bad going

Thought his attitude was excellent today, worked really hard and pressed well (as did Kent and Morelos) .

talented boy too, so lots to work with. Still quite frustrating at times, but tbf to him today he only went through a 10/15 minute spell in first half of being a bit sloppy in possession and he was then better in second half.

There’s that balance with him where he gives it away more than others, but he’s also capable of creating if the riskier side of his game comes off.

Said as much to my son in law two thirds of the way through the game that he was man of the match. Had a very good game..

He's the one player in our team who is most likely to have a crack. I like that about him, it keeps our opponents on their toes.

He has to start every week for us.

His movement drags defenders wide and opens spaces, he wins fouls, he has an eye for a pass that few in the league do.

Like Morelos, even when he isn’t making a personal contribution, he’s making the team function better

I think Hagi is a real talent who adds a great deal to our team. Amongst his variety of abilities there are 2 things in particular that I appreciate.

1. His ability to see and rapidly find a forward pass rather than shuffle the ball sideways is a major asset to the team.

2. His work rate and attitude is exemplary. He always tracks back, he never gives up and despite being kicked from pillar to post he just gets up and goes at the opposition again. Given his name and style of play, before he arrived I had a slight suspicion that he may trade on his name and be a bit of a primadonna, not putting the work in. He‘s so far from that in reality, he’s a great character, a real team player.

Latest posts

Back