Hagi stat

A smashing player, who works his socks off to add to his undoubted talent. His little shimmy to play Defoe in was lovely, then he had the quick reactions to play it back inside to Aribo. The boy has the ability to unlock teams with little inch perfect passes around the box, and he will improve over this season and excel next season, imo.
I would like to see him in the hole feeding 2 strikers, but to the credit of the management team he is making these stats from the position he has been given, so I can’t complain.

I’m sure someone posted that prior to joining us, for a decent period of time, he was a goal or assist every game on average.
He’s not far off that

Was my MOTM today. Good involved performance and did the dirty work where required.
If we can get behind him in this as a ‘bedding in’ season, next year he will be sensational, I reckon.
He had a decent game, but I thought he was slow/lazy tracking back for their chance that came off the post.

Luckily he/we got away with it.

Hasn't quite looked anywhere near his best yet this season, but he's still contributing well, so it's all good. I'm sure he'll find his best touch and form soon. Can't have all players firing all of the time.

His potential is enormous, at the moment we are not getting consistency from him but even still he creates more chances than anyone other than maybe our full backs.

With the level of coaching at the club I’m very excited to watch the development of him and Aribo over the next couple of seasons. Both can go to the very top of the game

Like wee McCann and Fergie I think he’s a talent but he does frustrate me a lot of the time.

The boy is absolute quality who will play at the highest level. I'm baffled about constant references to lack of pace, that's not something that I see in him at all.

Has a natural ability to find himself in space in dangerous areas.

he then has the quality to make things happen in those areas.

being very 2 footed is a massive bonus.

Too many within our support in general and on here focus on the negatives, he's too slow, he doesn't tackle like Tam Forsyth etc etc. Concentrate on what he's good at and look at his stats. In this day and age where so many involved in the game use stats to value players, Hagi could earn the club huge money

He will natural get stronger physically, he is very slight just now. He is a young guy with bags and bags of ability. All he lacks is experience to manage his game and choices better and a bit of physical development.

I think as he establishes himself here over the next season and into next he will become a leader in our team in the way that Kent and Kamara are doing right now.

I think next season we'll be worrying about losing him. I don't want to overhype him because so far he's struggling a bit to find his feet but there's signs he's able to go to a higher level.

Plenty current world class players don't have pace, their brains and skill are what sets them apart. He just needs to keep progressing.

Hagi's vision and ability to play the impossible pass are fantastic. That pass across to tee up Aribo was incredible. That was immediately after a great pass to play in Defoe. I was impressed with his work rate as well.

My only criticism would be that I would like to see him get on the ball more. He's a special talent and we're lucky to have him, he's only going to get better. The same can be said for Aribo and Kent.

Good team selection today giving some key players time out yet still winning.

Hagi is decent and sets up plenty.
Five changes gave me a fright to be honest.
Seeing who was coming in quelled my fear.
Then thinking of who could still come in beyond that makes me think we do have great strength.

How many times has he megged an opponent on the edge of the box to set up a chance?

More to come from Ianis.
It’s that wee extra half roll of the ball, the change of feet to make the extra nano second of time, and catch the defender out that does it for me.
The cushioning of the pass, truly outstanding.
Mostly though, the brainwork to see the opportunity for that pass, and play it, is way above the norm.

He certainly has a creative eye.

If he had more pace he would be playing at a high high level in the game.
His old man wasn't the quickest, but he did OK.

True, he finds himself in a league that rewards brutality over skill, but when you have the technique he's got, with complimentary players around him, the quicker brain will outclass the pacey hammer thrower.

Hagi done some good work today but he does do stupid things at times but he is getting better all the time

He is definitely a work in progress, SG and coaching staff will slowly but surely polish up this rough diamond.

Think thats what Hagi's dad implied without actually saying earlier in the week when saying that his son was at the perfect club for him at this stage in his career.

Impressed with Hagi yesterday he took a few sore ones but kept coming back for more.Reminds me of Gio Van Bronckhorst when he first came,struggled with the robust nature of Scottish football but when he got to grips with it what a player we had.

He was great for 20 mins yesterday but like in too many other games he just drifts out of games completely. It we can get him to somehow stay involved in games for longer he will be a top top player because he has some eye for a pass.

Hagi would be suited to a similar position to what steven gerrard played for liverpool. Hes a very clever player wants to score goals. theres been a few times this season when hes had a pop at goal from distance with real power but its been blocked. I think in time when he starts to play more central when davis hangs up his boots and arfield is nearing an end that hagi will be played central and thats where he is best

He's raw, very raw, but there's already more than enough to see the level of what he's going to be able to bring. Going by what we've seen with most of our recent acquisitions, it'll be after a full season and into the next when things really start to bear fruit.

Back