Hagi stat

Hagi is still young at 21.

Yes he makes mistakes in games, but never hides and his work rate is first class. If he was lazy, then I would be worried, but he isn't at all and he will learn the other parts to the game as he goes. As others have said he is perfect for those types of games where teams just sit in against us as he can pick a pass and we have been crying out for this type of player the past few years.

Reactions: TQ3
He certainly has a creative eye.

If he had more pace he would be playing at a high high level in the game.
The ability to read the game and make smart passes makes up for a lack of pace. He makes the ball do the work and he’s capable of doing it over long range.

Yeah and he kept smirking after.

Defo been told to 'get in about him'

Levels.
Not sure if you’ll remember this from the time but Livvy’s loudmouth AM was telling his player to go right through ours in the game at Livvy.
He’d have doing the same yesterday and all week at training.

Not sure if you’ll remember this from the time but Livvy’s loudmouth AM was telling his player to go right through ours in the game at Livvy.
He’d have doing the same yesterday and all week at training.

Yup, he's a right poety looking lady's front bottom

I think he’s maturing into a very good player. He has a great eye for the ball & reads the play well. If he continues like this I can see him becoming as good if not better player than his dad. Another quality signing from Rangers.

He's only 22 still so much time for him to develop and will only get better, I think we won't see the best of him until next season.

Reactions: cav
We knew the lad had the skill but I think the concern before he arrived was his work rate etc but that's been a revelation. Puts in a shift and deals well with the constant kicking he seems to take from the thugs in our league.

He isnt an automatic pick for me, based on his off the ball work more than his on the ball - for certain games, you need an Arfield or (dare I say it) a Barker.

N

never would’ve guessed that, got to be honest and say I’m not his biggest fan but what I do admire is his willingness and work rate. I guess when you look at those assists he has done well

A lot of people say that his work rate is poor but watching him I think for his stature he really doesn't mind getting stuck in and throwing himself about.

I really like him as a player and he is a great prospect, this is the type of player we need to buy, sell and progress.

We are fortunate to have him,and as the saying goes you can't polish a turd(Duffy) but you can polish a diamond (Hagi) slightly rough diamond at that he's already got a lot of positives to work on

Hagi is a great addition for us.

I expect he wont be with us for along period but the experience and pressure that comes with playing in the SPL and us will stand him in good stead in the future.

He is certainly one of the players we have been crying out for.

Reactions: fmp
He's an intelligent player shades of Davis in his prime .

Yesterday the amount of times he offered himself for throw ins & successfully turned with the ball protecting it buying space thus leaving his closest marker for dead .

A trait we haven't utilised since Candyman, yesterday's efforts delivered umpteen passes with accuracy it's these wee things that have given us fluidity in the final third passing stakes lately imo.

Also his sliderule passing is a joy to watch when it gets to a blue jersey again better success of late not just Hagi more so when the wing play is a bit slack it's giving us more options in the final third .

Davis,Jack,Arfield,Kamara and other midfielders have been a lot more varied in their play of late it's been great to watch that freedom which is allowing other players to flourish which in turn has saw the team perform superbly at key times at home & abroad lately.

He's coming along fine, he's only just turned 22, young player and no doubt Gerrard and Bale will be working on him, Gerrard's on a podcast out today, he gaved an insight to how he tries to improve players, but he stresses that he needs time to do that.

His ability with both and left watch is great to watch. Makes finding that through ball look so simple. He would be unbelievable if he had Kent’s pace

I think hagi is a diamond in the ruff , he does much better with the ball Wnen he doesn’t have time to think he reminds me of barisic and aribo in there first seasons , you could see ability but was frustrating watching them but then they came excellent I think Hagi will go the same way

I was thinking the same. Loads of people write players off too early. It will never change.

I get frustrated with him sometimes because of the money spent but that's not his fault.

Was great work for the first goal at the weekend which is exactly what we need him to do

Exactly, and he does give up possession at times because he doesn't always play the safest pass. When he gets it right he can take two or three players out of the game. Think Davy Cooper.

Exactly this. He could play the safe pass all the time and never give the ball away but what good would that do us.

Although playing well at the moment, he has had one or two errors in the past few games. The difference this year is that we are not getting punished from these errors. In the past few years, we seem to have been punished for almost all of the errors we made.
Don't think that is right, it's just that in previous years we made a lot more mistakes.
There has been serious improvement in our defensive play and ball retention .

Who doesn't like him?

If you read some of the posts on here over the past several weeks quite a few haven't taken to him as a player as he drifts in and out of games. Generally find this is the same people who wish we kept the likes of Docherty cause he's a Rangers man and runs around a lot without contributing much.

My point being, Hagi can contribute more to a game with 1 or 2 touches than most will the entire game regardless of much of the ball they have.

He is a talent no doubt

I questioned his decision making earlier in the season and the amount times he lost possession

he has improved this

way way more to come from the lad

his set up of Defoe then aribo for the first goal was brilliant play

He’s slow and can sometimes be a little careless with position and that’s why he was getting a hard time at the start of the season. However he creates 1 or 2 clear cut chances every game. He’s also the best through ball passer at the club

If you read some of the posts on here over the past several weeks quite a few haven't taken to him as a player as he drifts in and out of games. Generally find this is the same people who wish we kept the likes of Docherty cause he's a Rangers man and runs around a lot without contributing much.
We had a thread earlier in the season, and I quote "we need to talk about Hagi".
My point being, Hagi can contribute more to a game with 1 or 2 touches than most will the entire game regardless of much of the ball they have.

Hagi is a great addition for us.

I expect he wont be with us for along period but the experience and pressure that comes with playing in the SPL and us will stand him in good stead in the future.

He is certainly one of the players we have been crying out for.

Gio van Bronckhorst said the same after he went to Arsenal, said the Scottish game toughed him up.

His lack of consistency for us at the moment is our biggest problem, but to echo other posters if he had that consistency he would have been way out of reach for us. I just want to see him keep doing what he is doing.

He can have the worst 89 minutes a footballer can have but never hides, always looks for the ball and will still be willing to take a risk to win us games. Not many players have the balls to do that.

Back