Hagi sub

Davie Weir

Was expecting to see a thread on this already but not seeing one so apologies if I’ve just missed it.

Why on earth was Hagi taken off today, he was imo one of our best players out there and was looking like creating chances every time he had the ball. He was also working hard and chasing down every single loose ball and making every single tackle. We missed both of those things massively when he was taken off and suddenly changed from trying to get another goal to having 11 men behind the ball and trying to stop them scoring while giving them countless chances to launch the ball forwards.

Roofe created a good chance for Morelos tbf and it should’ve been a goal but Davis coming on didn’t change the game positively. I think it has to be him or Lundstram not both in the same midfield 3.

Hagi needs to start hitting the target when he makes a yard for himself anywhere 25m from goal. He seems to be hesitating when he has an opportunity to create some space and have a dig :/

Think he was tiring. In the first half he was our best player along with Lundstram, but covered a lot of ground popping up everywhere. Didnt think Alfie coming deep constantly was helping him, but thats for another thread. Noticeable drop off in the second half. Think the choice and order of subs was wrong, but hindsight is wonderful.

He never used to hesitate, wonder what has changed.

The subs were awful today, it cost us the game.
I agree. Bacuna was rank. I was worried when he came on. He may still be settling in, but I'd rather we brought on Arfield than Bacuna and his fanciful flicks.

Think he was tiring. In the first half he was our best player along with Lundstram, but covered a lot of ground popping up everywhere. Didnt think Alfie coming deep constantly was helping him, but thats for another thread. Noticeable drop off in the second half. Think the choice and order of subs was wrong, but hindsight is wonderful.
Thought it was weird at the time tho as well

Was expecting to see a thread on this already but not seeing one so apologies if I’ve just missed it.

Why on earth was Hagi taken off today, he was imo one of our best players out there and was looking like creating chances every time he had the ball. He was also working hard and chasing down every single loose ball and making every single tackle. We missed both of those things massively when he was taken off and suddenly changed from trying to get another goal to having 11 men behind the ball and trying to stop them scoring while giving them countless chances to launch the ball forwards.

Roofe created a good chance for Morelos tbf and it should’ve been a goal but Davis coming on didn’t change the game positively. I think it has to be him or Lundstram not both in the same midfield 3.
Why was Aribo taken off? Why was Wright our only outlet with pace replaced with someone with no pace? Why was Morelos who was clearly having one not replaced?

Only one person today’s result lays at and that’s Gerrard.

His vision is superb attempted a couple of defence splitting passes today him and airbo were playing very well both were creative it was a mistake by SG and coaching team to take both off

We got so good at managing games out last season.

Despite the popular myth that we simply rampaged last season we did just win games ugly to an extent and grind it out and manage it over the line. We would win our fouls, kill time, kick it into a corner

To me that’s what the changes looked designed for

We panicked and we’re just booting it anywhere it was baffling to watch

Thursday in mind most likely

^This^

As much as I'd love us to go on and have a decent EL run, IMO our efforts should be squarely focused on the SPFL and automatic qualification to the CL next season. Make team selection/subs based on the domestic game at hand and deal with 'Thursdays' when they arrive.

It would be ironic (nay, painfully ironic) if our European campaigns over the last three seasons gift 30M quid to the Scum.

Why was Aribo taken off? Why was Wright our only outlet with pace replaced with someone with no pace? Why was Morelos who was clearly having one not replaced?

Only one person today’s result lays at and that’s Gerrard.
Yep, absolutely nothing to do with Morelos missing two absolute sitters, Greegs making an arse of dealing with a corner and nobody having the presence of mind to guard each post at that same corner...and that's all to do with Gerrard?
:rolleyes:

Seems to be same subs all the time, if Hagi and Aribo can't last 90 mins ( which I doubt) then that's a fitness coach issue. Don't understand taking off your two most creative players. We reverted back to a 4-3-3 and we reverted to type.

Looks like SG does not like Hagi. He and Aribo are the two who can create chances but keep getting taken off. Patterson should have come on in place of Tav and Sakala in place of Alfie and that would maybe have given us a win.

Yep, absolutely nothing to do with Morelos missing two absolute sitters, Greegs making an arse of dealing with a corner and nobody having the presence of mind to guard each post at that same corner...and that's all to do with Gerrard?
He chose McGregor over JM who catches that all day long, he left Morelos on after a terrible miss, I’d put money on the management team being the people who decide if we put men or posts or not.

We should of been stretching the game IMO the subs should of been Roofe, Sakala and Patterson for Wright, Morelos and Tav. Cannot fathom taking of players who are playing well.
Literally 3 or r threads but it was a shocker. Regardless of how he plays he is whipped off and usually first..this is SG in a number she'll, tavenier was shocking today, Morelos too yet none withdrawn

Morelos should of been the first person subbed, everyone watching could see it, why couldn’t SG?

Hearts had to push for an equaliser, the out ball was Wright over the top yet he took him off to replace him with someone with no pace. Sakala or Wright on the park, Hearts need to sit 10 yards deeper or at least have to worry about it.

After about 55 mins you could see we were sitting too deep, why didn’t he change it? We’ve not kicked a ball all season, won one game in six in Europe, so aye it is to do with Gerrard.

Back