Hagi

I’d like to see him playing on the counter in Europe. When there’s actually space to attack. Excited for Thursday.

He was out on the touchline far too much in the first half and it's so frustrating. Get him central and get him the ball, he'll create amazing chances when he's in that position.

Agreed. He’s good on the right but has the potential to be sensational if played in a system that has him in the middle.

Should be played through the middle.

We won't deviate from our shape though despite another poor performance today.

In the second he was always available at the top of the box looking for a ball through the middle...

Yet we kept playing it wide

Then that one time we do find him in the middle he makes the killer pass

Maybe the squad are getting used to trusting him but I've seen enough in the short time he's been here to justify the signing....

Also I like him more in the middle than out wide
Exactly.

We need to do more work through the middle. I know it’s not easy to do but neither is the game we play because it’s so predictable now, teams can stop it relatively easily. Davis doesn’t make the sideward pass out wide that we make most of the time, instead plays a central pass and Halliday almost scores.

Leave Hagi there, get the ball to him and supporting runners and I’d bet he’ll create plenty.

The reason he has the space to play centrally is because he comes from out to in and the opposition full back doesn’t go with him as we have attacking full backs who occupy them.

Reactions: TQ3
Feel a bit sorry for him already between shit weather and parks then the weekly battle with hammer throwers he must say to himself this place is the pits
Don't know mate, for me and I know its early, but he looks like a Rangers player to me, and by that, I mean the type I was brought up on. A player who will fight first and foremost and have that bit of ability to make a difference

Hes just a very classy player. I really like the look of him so far. Not scared to hold the ball and take the tackles.

Boys got a great heart about him also took a lot of punishment today got up and got on with it .

He would be much more effective playing more central for me.

the same way Kent is at his best when he is on the wing

What is it with the constant negativity on this forum? Did I honestly see someone saying its shambolic he's playing out wide?

He changed the game against Hibs from a wide position last week.

Reminds me of Arteta in some ways,really liking his performances in a Gers shirt so far and feel he could be the difference on Thursday night

Absolutely wasted wide, get him the ball to feet in the middle of the park and he will make things happen. Looks to have adapted to the game here well.

In the second he was always available at the top of the box looking for a ball through the middle...

Yet we kept playing it wide

Then that one time we do find him in the middle he makes the killer pass

Maybe the squad are getting used to trusting him but I've seen enough in the short time he's been here to justify the signing....

Also I like him more in the middle than out wide

I’ve thought a few times that we should have been using him more and that his teammates were maybe not trusting him yet. Suspect he will be a bit inconsistent but most stuff could / should go through him.

With Kent’s form dropping recently, it’s prime for us going with a 4-3-1-2. Kamberi looks comfortable moving around out wide, and Morelos already comes wide regularly so having Hagi anchored in the middle looking for the killer ball is what I’d be going for.

Teams that park the bus having to deal with in effect 3 players upfront with the fullbacks up on the wings, we would overload the box and drag defenders rather than trying to walk our way through 10 players.

I’d love to see Alfie up with Kamberi and Hagi in behind as number 10 .

Bring Kent on to maraud down the wing and mix it up if it isn’t working .

Kent will come good but just now it’s not happening for him .

Reactions: cav
I thought today he was making good space for himself, he was waving his arms to let other players know where he was. They would do a sideway pass or a back pass, A couple of times there was an easy pass to him when he was in a great space but the passing player didn't look for him. I’m hoping as games go bye they start to think like him.

Hagi in the middle picking the ball up deep and running at them supplying Kent and Alfie, same in reverse with the midfield. Davis on the right and airfield on the left, with Jack sitting in the middle behind them sweeping and supplying Hagi down the middle.

A very talented player. Some of his passing is just immense - with either foot. I think more in the middle would suit him but on the wing isn't a problem.

Having someone like Kamberi up front along with Morelos to aim for would give him such good targets.

I think he's been the only shining light in a run of miserable games.
Totally agree , not luxury player I thought he might be , takes the hits , brave on the ball , just seems to think that bit quicker , and has technique to pull it off , would buy him this week if we could .

It's been the same for years to play the system we are trying to you need guys like Kent and Aribo to score goals but they don't.

Why do we not try two up front? Against every team bar the tims they will sit in so why not go and take the game to them with two strikers.

Most SPL teams play with two 6ft plus CB who enjoy nothing more than winning headers which unless the ball in is pin point isn't going to find Morelos.

He has to play in the hole as the number 10 he is the only one capable of playing the killer pass in that area as proved today

he will only get better and better when he gets used to the assaults and thuggery on him, i really hope we can get the money together to make him permanent

I cant wait to see Hagi play on a decent pitch, he is top class and the way he celebrated Arfields goal was class.

Last edited:
Hagi was different class yesterday. The problem I think the management team have is that I can only think of one formation that allows Hagi and Kent to play with each other out with our usual 4-4-3 and that is a 4-5-1. I know right now Kent is struggling but we need to stick by him as I’ve no doubt he will find his form again and we can’t afford to write of a 7m signing after a handful of poor performances. Anyway, it’s worth trying the 4-5-1 to see if it’s any better for us.

It is an abomination that this kid has been the only positive thing about our team since New Year’s Day.

The rest should be ashamed of themselves that they have needed a loanee, who has hardly got his feet under the table, to rescue us from further dropped points twice at home now.

Will cut Arfield some slack but Aribo, Kent, Morelos among others should be looking at Hagi and be embarrassed by how much he is showing them up.

Back