Hagi

He was quietly affective played some nice balls and lovely dummy for the goal one day he might be quiet that's when we need Kent and Morelos or his replacements to stand up and do the business and vice versa overall looking good from the first 11 but need more players of first team quality to challenge for a place Davis and Arfield will over a challenge to those in the middle and defensively we have decent depth but the no 10 and strikers need more players of quality to challenge the starters or Kent Hagi and Morelos effectively

I noted today that as well as the touch, passing and creativity, Hagi does a power of running. Always looking for space and to create things by finding space. Boy is a talent that will make a real difference this year.

Didn't have a great game. But showed a good desire.

Kent, with a full preseason, will be a big player this season.

Had a few nice touches but final ball wasn’t there. Poor performance from him today. What I like though was, even though he wasn’t great he still created a bit of magic in the lead up to our goal which took out a few Aberdeen players. We need players who even when they aren’t playing will still create something

A noticeable difference in his work rate and back tracking, Lacking pace but what a good player he’s going to be for us .
Terrible today, no getting away from it.
I bet him for 1st scorer too.
Like Kent, is only effective in the last third.
We need more, much more from him.

Terrible today, no getting away from it.
I bet him for 1st scorer too.
Like Kent, is only effective in the last third.
We need more, much more from him.

I honestly didn’t think he was , Wasn’t his best game but his work rate was up a good few levels.

If he had pace, he would be well beyond our price range
This 100%. Only thing really lacking from his game. Noticed it in a game (cant remember which one) where he had the chance to go clean through but didn't have the burst of pace to get there. Only reason we were able to sign him for that price IMO. Cracking player though and will do very well this year I think. Seems like a bit of leader too which is important and I'm excited by what he can offer us.

The boy has talent in abundance, his lack of pace is the only criticism, which can be frustrating if he's one on one in the final 3rd as he then seems to look for the pass rather than go it alone but his vision and touch is clear for anyone to see.

Technically very good and as has been mentioned he has the capacity to become faster and stronger through work.

Will only get better as he matures as a player.

You would think the drop in intensity in the games due to no crowd would help but there are still signs he has to adapt to our game.

I could be wrong but I'm not convinced I wouldn't have spent the 3M elsewhere....

Hagi‘a performance today exemplified why we’ve struggled of late.

He is an incredible talent. He has been in incredible form preseason. The crunch came and as much as he tried, he failed.

I think he will be a big talent in the game, but we have too many of these types in our side at present if we want to win the league.

I remain unconvinced about his long term prospects of being a decisive contributor for us. Looking great every so often doesn't and shouldn't cut it. I'm all for being proved wrong but as I say - unconvinced as yet.

Hagi‘a performance today exemplified why we’ve struggled of late.

He is an incredible talent. He has been in incredible form preseason. The crunch came and as much as he tried, he failed.

I think he will be a big talent in the game, but we have too many of these types in our side at present if we want to win the league.

The problem with buying development players at Rangers is you don't get time......we've spent 10M on two talented boys but if they don't feature in a league winning team this season then the knives will likely be out.

I thought Kent looked a level above today though.

I remain unconvinced about his long term prospects of being a decisive contributor for us. Looking great every so often doesn't and shouldn't cut it. I'm all for being proved wrong but as I say - unconvinced as yet.

He’s a project player. The same way Kent, Aribo, Alfie etc are. We can’t shop in the market of proven players with that level of ability.

The problem with buying development players at Rangers is you don't get time......we've spent 10M on two talented boys but if they don't feature in a league winning team this season then the knives will likely be out.

I think Kent is now over the trying too hard phase which is where Hagi was today. Might help him having Kent to chat to about it. We need to be patient, these BOYS have the world at their feet. It's not as easy as some people believe. He will get there.

Kent looked great today. But he might not next week, and visa versa with Hagi.

We don’t have much alternative.

Listening to the Waghorn podcast, the SPFL is as much about mentality as ability. A good manager draws out that balance.

We have a lot of talented young players who could go very far; Kamara, Aribo, Hagi, Kent, Morelos etc. I’m unconvinced that when the chips are down, we have the right older heads to drag them through and get the best from them.

I reckon we need to add 2 or 3 first team players who have proven mettle. Especially given the new bench/sub rules.

I think Kent is now over the trying too hard phase which is where Hagi was today. Might help him having Kent to chat to about it. We need to be patient, these BOYS have the world at their feet. It's not as easy as some people believe. He will get there.

At Rangers it's double hard....no crowd will help.

Thought he was poor by his own standards today, although he did play an unbelievable cross field pass to Kent in the 2nd half which never really got a mention in commentary.

I have no worries whatsoever about Ianis Hagi or his contribution to the side going forward. He'll have more than his fair share of goals and assists, of that I have no doubt.

He's still young, he will have games like that again.

Don't turn on him, he is a special player
A lot of folk were crying out for him to be the main man ,the focal no10 ,not for me well not yet ,as you said he’s young ,and even for 21 he doesn’t have a lot of games under his belt ,His best days in a Rangers jersey are still a while away yet ,Once this boy gets that consistency what a player we will have

I thought he was not bad. Got into some dangerous positions and got some shots away. Final ball wasn’t great but he wasn’t the only one.

You would think the drop in intensity in the games due to no crowd would help but there are still signs he has to adapt to our game.

I could be wrong but I'm not convinced I wouldn't have spent the 3M elsewhere....
Needs to play in the final third. His lack of pace is exaggerated elsewhere on the pitch.

Hagi is a player who I am very excited to watch every week.

Personally, after delivering for Rangers for a few seasons, I feel he will go on to play for a top EPL, Spanish or German club.

Similarly to Aribo, he has the ability to go all the way. His touch and ball control is excellent, as is his vision and awareness.

He is also a hard-working player, which fits with the club's current culture, as set by Gerrard.

Last edited:
Say we sign both Roofe and Maja (if rumours are true)

I’d potentially look at dropping Hagi into the midfield 3. We need a front 3 with pace, Hagi’s got an amazing ability to pick a pass through the lines. If he had 3 pacey forwards to look for he would benefit from that

Kent Maja Roofe

Aribo Jack/Zungu Hagi

especially in games against weaker opposition where only one DM is needed

Great touches etc. Whether he's tiring or not he's always got a killer pass in him to set up a goal.

He'll have games like yesterday I'm sure where he seems quiet but will find one pass to get us a goal. Also thought he looked dangerous from shots at the edge of the box - something we've missed for a long time.

The fact that he tries difficult passes does it for me. This can be the difference in big games. Lots of times it wont come off but other players will soon get used to his play and when things come off it can be glorious. His work rate and the fact he is brave on the ball are a big factor on why he will be an important player for us as the season progresses

All that was missing today was a final ball. Some of his touches and control were absolutely sublime.

Once he gets into his groove we have a player on our hands.

Yeah, a wee bit rusty today but his eye for a pass is there and it will come with more games.

Had he been on it today that was the 4-0 scudding our dominance of possession deserved.

I think this boy is going to a ‘legend’

Been a while since weve had one but hes got it and gets it.

Deliver 55 and become imortal

Technical ability is excellent. I feel he is trying too hard but over the course of this season he will be a massive player for us.

He played through Buff in the 2nd half which was exactly what you want from a 10.

If he was in 'form' Morelos buries it

Back