Hagi?

He looks terrible then suddenly he works magic and creates or makes a pass leading to a goal. I think it's the work without the ball . I thought Davis had a poor game as well.

He wasn’t '' rubbish '' as someone said but he wasn't great either, took a lot for the team, should have made it 5-0 missed a glorious chance near the end..I think he is a danger in and around the box as the goals for Kent v Dundee Hibs and Arfeilds agains Hivs prove.

People forget he’s only 21 and still learning the game.at the moment I think he’s a moment type player where he might be having a quiet game but will out of nowhere will do something special that creates a goal or he scores himself.if he was the finished article he wouldn’t be anywhere near us if truth be told.

It's a nonsense of a post. Borna was one of the best players on the pitch for me.

Nah mate, Borna started the match horrendously. Was far too narrow a lot of the time which gave their wide man too much space and when he did get out there the guy had the beating of him. After his early booking I said to a mate he’d be lucky to finish the game. To be fair to Borna, once we were two up he did come on to a game - but he was nowhere near being one of our best players overall on the night.

As for Hagi, he’s struggling a wee bit just now but can still produce a bit of magic like last Sunday for Arfields goal. Can’t believe folk are suggesting bringing in Jones for him. With a fully fit squad Hagi might drop out but I certainly wouldn’t drop him for Jones.

Played much better through the middle ,second half as others have said wasted out wide right.Not much pace but creative wee player.

He’s class. If Kent took his chance on Sunday he’d have had two assists and we’d have been raving about him.
The boy is young, still learning but is capable of producing moments of brilliance that nobody else in our team can.
I Kent agree with you. Just Kent.

My gripe is that, whilst he is not at his best, we are too slow in the transition from Davis/Kamara to Kent or Hagi. Our two defensive midfielders will make an extra unnecessary pass rather than play it when the opening is there.Hagi is often in space but is not given the pass quick enough.

I thought he was okay last night. I think the two things lacking from him is pace a nd physicality, pace may never come but if hes able to hold the ball better he will be an outstanding player for us.

We need to be patient with him.

Exactly,

Look at Kent, impressed with his potential during the loan season. Took a while to get going last season when he was signed for a big fee. Now this season we’re starting to see the rewards for sticking with players and allowing them to grow.

Thank %^*& we don’t have fans in the grounds this season. Hagi would be targeted by the groan boys.

Eh a 1 off Euro away tie to a decent Dutch outfit in a ghostly stadium....we were playing tonight in the Europa League....don’t tell me you missed it?
drama queen. Had we been playing at the Amsterdam Arena up against a hostile 50k crowd i might get it but in an empty stadium in a wee town in Holland? nah not for me

I thought he was decent. He gave the ball away a few times in the first half but much better in the second.

Always gets into dangerous positions.

Never hides, playing out of position, still young and gaining experience. Give the boy a break. At times he plays some amazing passes. He should be supported by Rangers supporters.
I meant to come back to this one.
Out of position?
He’s being asked to play in a fluid, flexible, front four, interchanging as a when needed it’s good and right to do so.
This “out of position” is nothing more than an excuse, unnecessary excuse in this instance.
We’re not asking him to play centre half or even in a back four here.
It’s not even as if he’s being asked to do something, tactically, that he is incapable of.
Again, I don’t believe he had such a bad game last night, no more so than Davis and Arfield, and, as I’ve posted elsewhere, all three had a much better second half than first.

He played as if he was wearing someone else's boots, but he is a special talent who will come good,he is still young,playing in a foreign country and all that entails ,all that said even when not playing well he will contribute something, have a bit of faith and patience.

Thought he was okay last night. He always wants the ball and to drive forward. When we dont have aribo we need that. Plus one of the few who will take a shot at goal. I think he just needs a goal to his name and off he will go.

He’s had plenty chances for me this season. Needs benched. I’m no Jones fan but he looked right up for it last night. In the spl we need someone more direct to break the lines.

Never hides, alway takes a few hits, more often than not is involved in a goal. He's 21 and will be inconsistent which will only get better with game time. Ryan Kent was similar to the first few months of his rangers career. The young lad needs backing not harrased because he tries something the might not always come off.

I like Hagi a lot. He’s 21 so if he was Scottish would be referred to as still a kid. He’s better infield a bit where he doesn’t need to pace. He has a great eye for a pass.
By the way, I’d love to see Barrie McKay play in Hagi’s position of last night in this team. Him and Kent would be sensational.

I thought he was reasonably poor in the first half but still had some good touches and got into good positions. Second half I thought he was much better and worked extremely hard for the team.

Wish the negative posts would disappear for one night ffs.

4-0 away in Europe and there’s still negative posts about players.

Some folk should just have a night off and enjoy the result.

Agree.

Mind you Hagi is in good company as it wasnt too long ago Ryan Kent was being berated.

Only managed to catch the second half, but generally thought he did ok. Not really valid to compare directly to Kent, they are different players entirely.

if he was the finished article, he wouldn't be at Rangers. We need to develop him, take him in and out the team sometimes and we will see his natural talent flourish in the next few seasons.

Starts poor, usually when out wide and struggles to play his one two passing game he is good at. Hibs on Sunday when he moved central was involved in Arfield's goal, also 2 assists in the Dundee United game and last night had an excellent chance to score. A bit of growing up to do and where he is no Kent plenty on here having a go at our best player last season so I would pull back from judgement like he's p*sh for now.

I think at times he looks a very frustrated player lacking confidence, sometimes players need a cuddle or a kick up the arse, In hagi's case i think a bit of both is required. For the money we shelled out for him i expected a bit more and he frustrates me at times.

He's inconsistent granted - but £3m is hardly 'shelling out' a fortune.

Celtic just paid that for a bench-warmer from Motherwell.

He's contributed enough so far to suggest it's money well spent.

Given whats at stake this season i think £3.5million could have been spent more wisely.

He has potential but i'm not sure he's what we needed for the money spent.

£3m is chicken feed in today’s market for a 21 year old full international

I think Hagi's biggest issue is his family name, people expect far too much from him. I think he is one of they players who have that natural ability to see passes. With more game time and the more upper body strength the wee man could grow in to an amazing player.

From what I can tell he has the right attitude, always looking to do better. He will come good

People are mental. If you don't see what Hagi brings to this team, or think any of the currently benched players deserve to play agead of him, you have no clue about football. Just keep howling at the moon, we will eventually get back in and you can boo away at whoever the whipping boy is at that time.

He needs to build up his upper body strength as he puts so much effort into holding players off he can't focus on playing the ball. I used to think it would only be an issue in Scotland with the fat jobbers he comes up against but it showed last night too.

One word to sum up his season so far....

Rotten

He is good enough, because we have seen how good he can be. He will get better, need to be patient with him. He needs benched though.

He would not be in the team if we didn’t have the injuries that we currently have.
As a result it’s difficult to see who would be a better option at present.
The only alternative available would be to put Greg Stewart or Jordan Jones in and I think he remains a better option than both of those even if he is not hitting fantastic form.

Back