Hagi

I thought hagi had a poor game tonight.

i wouldn’t be playing him on Sunday, i would sooner have Jones in for him for 2 reasons:

1 - his pace and how direct he is

2 - he knows the surface and has played on it many of times

thoughts?

Was poor tonight but the nature of the player that he is means some things don't always work out but there was a 10 minute period absolutely nothing was coming off for him

i wouldn’t be playing him on Sunday, i would sooner have Jones in for him for 2 reasons:

thoughts?
They will play 11 behind the ball so the likes of Barker and Jones are maybe wasted

Not sure how with roofe and his injury past is a risk on this pitch but for me alfie Kent and roofe

The manager can pick the other 8 I trust him to get it right

I wouldn’t play him at Killie on that pitch with their hammer throwers - not his type of game.

That said, he’s a flare player and he’ll have games like tonight where he tries things and nothing comes off.

His assist stats for this season are still very strong.

He’s a good player who’ll get better.

thoughts?
His pace will more or less be useless vs Killie’s deep block on Sunday. I agree Hagi wasn’t good tonight but he starts on Sunday imo

Unlikely going to need direct pace against Kilmarnock. We need folk like Aribo/Hagi who can open up defences with a quick turn or a creative pass.

Seems to be having his season like Kent had last. Although he was poor a couple of his passes in the box are passes not many players see never mind pull off. One of these players that will be frustrating esp while young.

I wouldn’t pick him on Sunday either to be honest. Maybe use him off the bench but with how these games usually pan out I don’t think he’s the optimal choice.

Hagi had a poor game, nothing came off for him at all, on another day some of those attempts might have been world class. Bad night, accept the substitition and the experience, learn from it, move on, do better next game.

thoughts?
Agree completely. It's not a game for him. I also think that players want to play against their old teams and it wouldn't be a bad idea throwing Jones in.

thoughts?
I partially agree that I wouldn't start Hagi. I would start aribo. Not against Jones coming off the bench because he knows the surface and he is direct, however both aribo and Hagi are miles ahead of jones in terms of ability even on that surface.

Was top of assists before tonight's game.
Can't argue that he has the numbers but but I'm starting to worry about him. Dont mean to be negative but he breaks a good move allot, do his numbers compensate for that? No sure. I was really happy we signed him and I hope the wee man comes good/better but he has been disappointing

Hagi had a stinker tonight but I don't think we should be over hard on him.

We've not had a right lot out of Kenty last two or three games and Alfie has had a string of stinkers.

Brandon Barker also hasn't impressed.

Yet we are still battering on.

He does seem to drift in and out of games at times, though tonight things weren't really happening for him.
That said as he has shown before, one bit of magic from him can turn a game.

he only needs to get one or two of those passes right and we rave about him still think he is ideal for breaking down the SPL dross when pace is useless as they sit so deep.

Either sugar or shite.

I think he's capable of so much more than he's delivering right now. Some absolutely sublime one touch passing but guilty of being needlessly slack more often than not. Fine when you're playing in the SPFL against dross but looked a man down at European level tonight.

I'd have Aribo in before him Sunday.

Hes young and will have games like that from time to time where it just doesn't happen. He'll have far more time on the ball on Saturday than he did tonight poznan had a decent press. But I think Aribo will start on Saturday as hes got that trickery around the box that's useful in those games

I like Hagi but he was poor tonight and, particularly in the second half, became unsettled and gave away possession poorly.

Time to reintroduce Super Joe and give Hagi some bench time.

Not hijacking but I thought Kamara had a great game, but gets a nose bleed when he reaches the opposing 18 yard line.

Does a lot of good things and sees opportunities for a pass that others miss. Unfortunately tonight a good few passes were misplaced.

If Hagi had a pace he would be playing at a higher level!
Has ability buy playing him on the wing does not help him

Had one of those games where nothing came off for him , the type of player he is he is going to be inconsistent- which I’m fine with aslong as he works his socks off ( which he does) and SG knows when to call it a day and get him off ( which he has done so far )

id be very surprised if Jones started - done well against well but then hasn’t done anything really since ..

Second half he made a couple of poor passes and it seemed to go downhill from there. I'd have him start on sunday, 4231 with alfie up front, Kent, Hagi and Aribo behind him

Did he play well tonight?

Not particularly well, he was subbed.

He will have better games, not a worry.

He will flourish with us.

Can't argue that he has the numbers but but I'm starting to worry about him. Dont mean to be negative but he breaks a good move allot, do his numbers compensate for that? No sure. I was really happy we signed him and I hope the wee man comes good/better but he has been disappointing

Hagi was poor tonight but I think he’s been played out of position. He always works hard and keeps trying but I’d play aribo on Sunday instead

Hagi was one of the few at half time with pass marks. Him, Kamara, Barasic and Balagoun.

Second half he lost it a few times but he tries balls that nobody else does and he's important for that reason.

I would play him
That was my take on him. I also think in 5 years time we will saying remember he used to play for us as he struts his stuff for a top EPL or European team.

He is already a very important player for us, but give him another few months or so and I think he will be one of the most important players in our starting 11.

I agree, I thought he was poor.

Watching some of his passing and I am not sure whether he is looking up, expecting someone to be there is is 2 seconds in front of everyone else in thinking. But some of it was very poor.

He is a young man so hopefully just a wee blip.

He was poor tonight, he needed subbed alot faster than he was. One thing i will say though he never hides, he always looks to get on the ball.

Aribo will start i think.

He never hides and always looks to make a difference. He got into such good positions he could have won the game for us tonight (I know we won, you know what I mean) but nothing would go for him, particularly in the second half. Both he and Kent just couldn't make it happen but both never stopped trying.

Back