Hagi

Whilst I appreciate his chances created & assists so far, there’s no denying he was poor on Thursday. Continually gave the ball away to Lech on numerous occasions.

I would take him out the team for today & probably Thursday before easing him back in against Hamilton at home next Sunday.

I don’t think Hagi is having teething problems with Scottish football, or at least that’s not the main problem. Think that was clear against Lech P the other night, he just couldn’t get into the rhythm of the game.

Main thing for me is that he wants too much time on the ball, perhaps what he was used to in Belgium and at under 21 levels. And also, when he’s driving forward if he sees a lack of clear passing opportunities then he has to switch play or turn and rebuild from Goldson or Davis. Nothing wrong with that, and retains possession for us.

Hagi cost the same as Bolingoli (£3m) Taylor (£3m) and Turnbull (£3m) - not to mention countless other failures at Celtic.

If he was much better, we wouldn't have been able to sign him.

I wish I'd a pound for every time I hear "Hagi is a number 10, we shouldn't play him out wide."

Just as well we don't play him out wide then.
I think there was maybe a wee bit of truth in that last season as he did play in one of the ”twin ten” positions but started coming in from the right sometimes. This season though he’s played as a 10. I don’t think anyone can deny that.

Hagi cost the same as Bolingoli (£3m) Taylor (£3m) and Turnbull (£3m) - not to mention countless other failures at Celtic.

If he was much better, we wouldn't have been able to sign him.
Or, our scouting team/DoF is far superior to theirs?

2 of those failures were bought from the SPFL at overinflated prices.

Do you temper your expectations around Kamara, Morelos, Barisic, Tavernier, Jack, Davis, Defoe, Aribo ?

Or, our scouting team/DoF is far superior to theirs?

2 of those failures were bought from the SPFL at overinflated prices.

Do you temper your expectations around Kamara, Morelos, Barisic, Tavernier, Jack, Davis, Defoe, Aribo ?

You seem upset Tiny - you don't like Hagi?

You seem upset Tiny - you don't like Hagi?
I very much like Hagi, I think he's a cracking player.

I don't think we can compare us spending 3m on him with the shite that lot buy, nor do I think the fee is always an accurate representation of the player's talents.

(Shagger has gone for a total of 1.5m in his career, for example)

What I like about Hagi is he doesn't hide. He did struggle for a spell on Thursday but he always wants the ball and by all accounts his attitude and eagerness to learn is spot on. Also when he gets knocked down he gets straight back up again. I like him and I would play him today. Great thing is we have numerous options and a strong bench these days. I'm buzzing just to see the team sheet for today. Roll on kick off. Come on the Teddy Bears!!

People seem to think we've signed a £30m footballer - when we've actually spent £3m.

Expectations of his attributes should be tempered. So far, he's been a good (if inconsistent) signing.

That is the logic.

I take your point Sniper, but you could also argue that is as much of a reflection of their incompetence in the transfer market than anything else.

I do agree Hagi has been inconsistent, but he's also been very productive at times.

I very much like Hagi, I think he's a cracking player.

I don't think we can compare us spending 3m on him with the shite that lot buy, nor do I think the fee is always an accurate representation of the player's talents.

(Shagger has gone for a total of 1.5m in his career, for example)

The return on investment in any footballer (as a rule) should be relative.

Kamara is a great exception - but some of our fans seem to think Hagi does not deliver. I'm arguing that for a £3m investment, he does.

This reminds me of Weiss on here. Some guys just never liked him and even when presented with the facts of his assists and contributions to important games throughout the season their moods never changed.

Even if Hagi goes on to set a new record for assists, you can be sure the same people will have doubts anyway because they don't like to be wrong.

You only need to see the way he takes a ball in with either foot to see that lads a talent. I’d say he is the most comfortable with a ball at his feet we have had since RDB.

Back