Hagi

High quality player that can change a game in an instant.
Opponents recognise the danger he represents and go in hard on him - the number of times he’s fouled, often without any punishment, is ridiculous.
That was a shocker on him tonight on the touchline (again). Similar challenge put him out of the first game of the season

That was a shocker on him tonight on the touchline (again). Similar challenge put him out of the first game of the season
Was a really bad tackle. Predictable that only a yellow was shown. Scottish football needs to become more skill oriented and less about thuggery.

Changed the game tonight, here’s hoping he gets a good run in the team and lifts the standards, he certainly did tonight.
Agreed it was like night and day when Hagi came on great skills and can scrap for the ball when he needs to.

Some games can pass him by, but even at that he’s still capable of game changing moments whether that be an assist or a goal. His numbers last season were good for someone who came on from the bench a fair bit.

When you look at some of the players we have that have improved since coming in, I think Hagi has still got a level to go through with us IMO and I think that it’ll come during this season - genuinely think whenever he is sold he’ll go for a really big fee

He’s a target for other teams they bastards took turns last night in trying to damage him but typically it’s Scottish football full of thugs

He was the player the fans wanted to appear and by god he didn't let us down.:))

Obviously we had a collective boot up the arse at half time and what a difference from all apart from Roofe who I thought had an off night (goal aside).

We play on the front foot like that at pace then nobody can live with us in this league and that has to be the standard moving forward.

I thiught Roofe suffered from Alfie not liking/being used to playing in a front two. Roofe was always looking for his partner but Alfie rarely looks to pass. With Hagi as a 10 it let them both look for space in the box and the chances and goals came on the back on that.

One of the many things I like about him is he's not scared to fail. When something doesn't work he's back up and trying again. It's all good for his development and I wish others would take a leaf out his book. You have to be willing to take the ball in the tight area, make the difficult pass and take on the shot. It doesn't always work out but none of that bothers him and it's great to see.

I've never understood why he's always Gerrards fall guy. Whenever we're struggling, no matter how bad the likes of Kent, Aribo or Davis are playing, he always hooks Hagi. Always! The boys stats are phenomenal and will only get better.

He scored vital goals that took us to 55 and was probably our best performer during pre season and was looking set to really kick on at the start of the season until the usual scottish fitba thug done him :mad: he played well with Romania then covid hit him typical our luck.

I really think if we had him, Kamara and Roofe on the pitch we would have beaten Malmo with ease.

Going forward he's going to be vital and I'd build the team round him, thankfully we're top of the league and can build on this now.

One of our most important and influential players. Can always rely on him to create something in tight games against packed defences. The boy has incredible skill and vision. There are people on here who don't rate him. Madness. But glad to see the majority realise how important he is to us.

One of our most important and influential players. Can always rely on him to create something in tight games against packed defences. The boy has incredible skill and vision. There are people on here who don't rate him. Madness. But glad to see the majority realise how important he is to us.

The horrible stuffy games last season against the Hivs and St J he was the one who could just do that moment of magic.

unfenced at times in certain games by the management, but the boys stats are phenomenal, and definitely a game changer for us. Has that touch of class we're lacking at the moment.
At times he is a level above great footballer, takes a lot of fouls i wonder if teams are targeting him knowing he is a threat against there dogged tactics

One of the many things I like about him is he's not scared to fail. When something doesn't work he's back up and trying again. It's all good for his development and I wish others would take a leaf out his book. You have to be willing to take the ball in the tight area, make the difficult pass and take on the shot. It doesn't always work out but none of that bothers him and it's great to see.
Absolutely this @WilldeBoer ^^ no fear of failure, and when he does he works his arse of to get it back. Can take the physical stuff too.

Exactly why he would be in my starting 11 every week.

I’d be starting him in pretty much every game, certainly the bigger ones and definitely in Europe.
I think some section of the support see him as being a bit of a luxury but I really don't buy that. He gets stuck in, tracks back, offers more defensively than Aribo. If he had pace he'd be a top player, but that's not the level we are at unfortunately.

In both games against Livi this season so far Hagi has been the difference…

In the league when he went off the game died

In the cup when he cane on the game became alive

He is our most creative player and his game intelligence is the highest in the squad.

Back