Hagi

I watched him for Romania a couple of weeks ago and it was like the boy had become the man. He had the crowd eating out the palm of his hand with tricks, and even the commentators were purring at some of his touches. The belle of the ball.

It felt similar tonight. He has an extra swagger and toughness about him that wasn't always there.

The only thing he lacks is a super burst of pace, so it does make the management see him as “slow” in games we can get in behind more than normal, ie Euro away games, yet he has a game changing moment in him at any point.
I love him, he is talented and industrious with it. Personally I would play him every week, and in games that we can get in behind, I would play him as a 10 with Roofe and Morelos in front of him.

If we played with a 10 behind the strikers he would be starting every game for me. Great performance from him tonight and hopefully he keeps up his good form.

The only thing he lacks is a super burst of pace, so it does make the management see him as “slow” in games we can get in behind more than normal, ie Euro away games, yet he has a game changing moment in him at any point.
I love him, he is talented and industrious with it. Personally I would play him every week, and in games that we can get in behind, I would play him as a 10 with Roofe and Morelos in front of him.
Exactly, bit of pace and he would be devastating...said that since he signed for us.

Reactions: TQ3
What a difference it made having Alfie and Roofe closer together infront of him also.

Hope that’s the way we start at Dens at the weekend
Defo.

We are so predictable always looking to go wide to tav or barisic and I think it's mostly to do with nobody being willing/able to take responsibility. With hagi always looking to try something different it makes us look much more creative and takes the burden off our full backs.

He has the chance to really step up and be a key player this year, especially against the usual SPL sides.

He was the player the fans wanted to appear and by god he didn't let us down.:))

Obviously we had a collective boot up the arse at half time and what a difference from all apart from Roofe who I thought had an off night (goal aside).

We play on the front foot like that at pace then nobody can live with us in this league and that has to be the standard moving forward.

I watched him for Romania a couple of weeks ago and it was like the boy had become the man. He had the crowd eating out the palm of his hand with tricks, and even the commentators were purring at some of his touches. The belle of the ball.

It felt similar tonight. He has an extra swagger and toughness about him that wasn't always there.
I was hoping that's what we were going to see from him this season, stepping up and pulling strings, stronger and influencing those around him. It was looking that way in a couple of early games but he's had bad luck with injuries and Covid since then.

He's always battled harder than you might expect a player like him to, but now he looks tougher and more assured. it's great to see that side of his game come on.

Hopefully this is him back and about to get a run in the side. We could be in for something very special.

He is that touch of class we needed at half time I genuinely couldn’t see where we where going to score from.

Reactions: TQ3
High quality player that can change a game in an instant.
Opponents recognise the danger he represents and go in hard on him - the number of times he’s fouled, often without any punishment, is ridiculous.

Takes Wrights place on Saturday

We needed that first goal and his cross was sublime

His work rate is excellent too

The lad is quality he can be frustrating at times but all great players can be
Definitely a player who needs to be playing regular he can be the difference in winning games

Hagi was great tonight . Noticed he was wearing a different top from the rest of our lads. His strip was missing the 5 stars above the SEKO advert. All the rest had the stars, Jimmy Bell having a 'mare?
Standards Jimmy :)

Changed the game tonight, here’s hoping he gets a good run in the team and lifts the standards, he certainly did tonight.

Always found it that he was a lot of posters choice for the one big name to be sold. He should be the centrepiece of the team. The boy has the world at his feet.

Changed the game tonight, here’s hoping he gets a good run in the team and lifts the standards, he certainly did tonight.
It was like a different team that came out in the second half and that was almost entirely down to Hagi!
He changed the whole dynamic of the team with his quick, intelligent passing!

Back