Hagi

You can see Hagi has a fantastic footballing brain but it breaks down between his brain and his feet most of the time, I've never seen someone stretch so much to get a ball under control

I've noticed this a lot with him, it's like he has some coordination issues, mild dyspraxia or something.

There are times where he almost seems like his studs are stuck in the ground, it's frustrating when players give up possession but with Hagi it often seems like it's more down to himself rather than any pressure from the opposition.

That being said though, he's probably one of our most creative players and is capable of picking passes that nobody else in our squad could.

Is he really that slow.. Seems like an accepted myth on here.. he's not a bullet, but wouldn't say he's slow.

His goal against Germany shows the ability he has
He definitely has ability I just think he lacks that extra burst of pace that would take him to the very top. I personally think he’s more suited to playing in behind the striker where his ability can be used to unlock tight defences

Can’t believe what I’m reading on here

If you say he should be sold because he doesn’t fit the system fine, happens to the best of players

Calling him a poor player, lacking technique, incapable of playing as a number 10, horrendous take

Braga was the best of Hagi and Aribo, both of whom are capable of taking us up a level

Hagi will shine more In Europe, the mad pace here is not to his strength.

I think he remains with a lot of potential thoughfor home and abroad.

He's a talented boy.

No idea what his best position is, for me he's not a winger he is either an 8 or a 10.

Would like to see him giving a run as an 8 to see what he can offer problem is who do you leave out.

If you say he should be sold because he doesn’t fit the system fine, happens to the best of players

Calling him a poor player, lacking technique, incapable of playing as a number 10, horrendous take

Braga was the best of Hagi and Aribo, both of whom are capable of taking us up a level
The most sensible post on here, by some distance too.

He was a waste of a jersey last night.
He just seems out of form right now especially in the SPFL

Why does he play wide right? He has no pace and I don’t think I’ve seen him cross a ball. Tbh he’s the one I would sell first if a decent bid came in for him.

Imo he needs to play as a 10 or nothing but I think he’s a player we could afford to lose. Arfield will contribute more in the 10 until the end of the season.

I’ve just never got the hype with the lad.
Hagi is a excellent player who unfortunately plays in the UFC SPL. He would do a fantastic job in Seria A. Great ability to thread a pass.

Very talented player, but like a few in the squad I would sell for a good profit. Then reinvest in a new player with more pace.

Needs to work on his shooting. A lot of the time he doesnt seem to get a proper connection resulting in a weak effort

Absolutely waste of a jersey wide right, if GVB wants his wide men staying wide then surely Wright is a better option as he has a bit of pace and the ability to go past people, not saying he is the finished article but would offer more than Hagi in that position.

He’s a talented player but I’m not sure what his best position is.
Ive been thinking this since we signed him. And I think thats as much our fault as his, for all he can be frustrating at times he strikes me as a lad with a good attitude, certainly never hides when hes having a bad game.

Hagi is a brilliant football player,

those with differing opinions on here do not understand football or you are poets,

pretty much the same thing,

fuckin shudder to think what people understand what they see, sitting watching a match at Ibrox
Hagi has brilliant footballing ability, no doubt it, can do things and see passes no one else can BUT is far too inconsistent and doesn’t contribute often enough to warrant a start at the minute

His first touch is terrible at times, constantly chasing after the ball. Sure he does have an eye for making chances but he’s very rarely involved in games over the full 90, always tires out after 45/60 mins. I’d sell him in the summer because I just don’t think he’s as good as made out to be. Aribo is 10 times the player as him and they both play the same position.

those with differing opinions on here do not understand football or you are poets,

fuckin shudder to think what people understand what they see, sitting watching a match at Ibrox

The kind of folk who want Lewis Ferguson in cos 'he knows what it's about' and ' will get in people's faces '

Hagi is a player who is going to be an absolute star somewhere, I hope it is with us and that we find the perfect position for him. I think he would be a perfect number 10 with either Sakala or Roofe finding space up front, not sure about Morelos being the right player for him to link up with.

He is so talented, creative and has a great level of determination and attitude.

Maybe we should just be happy to have a range of different types of players to choose from.

Hagi would do very well in Italy his vision is excellent. In Scotland he is far to busy wondering when hatchet men are going to cut him in half and molest him so tends to get caught out just looking for what's coming. Scottish football could make Messi look poor at times..

He’s being picked for every game, there’s obviously a reason but I just don’t see it right now.

I’m a massive fan of Hagi if played centrally. I think he needs to be able to take the ball and look up and see 2/3/4 players ahead of him so he can move it quickly. Being out wide right, he doesn’t have that and often slows us down.

We need a right winger and Hagi and Aribo can battle it out for that attacking midfield role, otherwise we’re as well moving him on for the decent profit we’d get.
Yep, he needs to be played in his best position, more centrally or we are wasting his talent.

People are judging him largely on being played out of position.

I've noticed this a lot with him, it's like he has some coordination issues, mild dyspraxia or something.

There are times where he almost seems like his studs are stuck in the ground, it's frustrating when players give up possession but with Hagi it often seems like it's more down to himself rather than any pressure from the opposition.

That being said though, he's probably one of our most creative players and is capable of picking passes that nobody else in our squad could.
Mild dyspraxia???? Away and shite ya bunnet FFS. Sensationalism or what.

Why does he play wide right? He has no pace and I don’t think I’ve seen him cross a ball. Tbh he’s the one I would sell first if a decent bid came in for him.

Imo he needs to play as a 10 or nothing but I think he’s a player we could afford to lose. Arfield will contribute more in the 10 until the end of the season.

He’s brilliant as a 10, wide right though… absolutely not

I like Hagi and I want him kept.

I sometimes think some folks don't watch the games closely enough.

I think there's a lot more to come from him.
@David Edgar mentioned this on one of the shows recently - how we consume football is now all about moments and not actually watching a full game. People only remember the bit that makes the youtube highlight reels we all grasp for whenever someone is linked.

Incidentally, the same people would rubbish a player who doesn't try to make things come off and makes the simple passes for not trying enough, hiding, heart of a mouse etc.

Must be watching a different player to most on this thread.

I understand the notion that he is perhaps the easiest sellable asset to replace. When I say that, I mean if teams are offering good money, don’t think we should be in a rush to get rid.

The no pace argument - I do think it’s as simple as, if he had pace he wouldn’t be here. We need to find a way of working into our system where he can use talents he does have.

But to say he has poor technique I find unbelievable. Not suited to wider role he’s playing in since Gio arrived, but has still came up with big contributions in games, because of his footballing brain and technique.

Must be watching a different player to most on this thread.

I understand the notion that he is perhaps the easiest sellable asset to replace. When I say that, I mean if teams are offering good money, don’t think we should be in a rush to get rid.

The no pace argument - I do think it’s as simple as, if he had pace he wouldn’t be here. We need to find a way of working into our system where he can use talents he does have.

But to say he has poor technique I find unbelievable. Not suited to wider role he’s playing in since Gio arrived, but has still came up with big contributions in games, because of his footballing brain and technique.

No pace doesn't have to be a problem if you either play him in a position that suits or surround him with pace merchants.

If Gio plays 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 either the attacking central midfielder or the middle of the 3 is perfect for Hagi if we can gets guys with energy and pace complementing him

But playing him as right winger is doing neither him or us any good. It's clear as day he struggles out there.

Reactions: BWO

He does lack technique quite often though, the amount of times per game he can’t control a ball and over hits 5 yard passes is criminal.

He also makes Jerome rothen look like usain bolt with his pace.

If Hagi played across the city we would constantly hear about what an incredible talent he is ( remember the Lubomir guy), he's a cracking player who is always gonna split opinion , personally I think he's excellent and can do things that few players in the league can.

I really rate Hagi
But I'm not sure we're getting the most out of his repertoire
That's more to do with how & where we play him & how his teammates react to him - rather than his own abilities IMO

I can think of quite a few times where he's battled away on his own with no one giving him help -
or where there's obvious passes on - but none of his teammates are on the right wavelength

Maybe he's just deceptive- but he often looks as if he's one step ahead of others - to me

He can only get better - & we can only get better at using him to his full potential -
But do we live with what might be a luxury meantime ?
Probably not - might be better off getting a fee & using it to improve other areas

If he is that brilliant we will see how far his career goes, the way you are describing him he will be at Real Madrid next season.

He is shit out wide right, definitely not deserving of a start.

His performance on Wednesday was dreadful, seemed as thought he'd put his boots on the wrong feet as even the simple things were beyond him.

He is shit out wide right, definitely not deserving of a start.

His performance on Wednesday was dreadful, seemed as thought he'd put his boots on the wrong feet as even the simple things were beyond him.
Even the 'simple', inch perfect pass to Arfield he threaded between Hibs defenders in the build-up to our goal? Doesn't get the assist but that was what 'created' the opportunity for our goal.

You're right, he didn't have a great game - but that's what he does bring to our team. Nobody else on that pitch would have attempted, or even seen, that pass. From right on the touchline, at halfway.

Even the 'simple', inch perfect pass to Arfield he threaded between Hibs defenders in the build-up to our goal? Doesn't get the assist but that was what 'created' the opportunity for our goal.

You're right, he didn't have a great game - but that's what he does bring to our team. Nobody else on that pitch would have attempted, or even seen, that pass. From right on the touchline, at halfway.
This is the massive thing, he attempts stuff like that, you want players taking risks that will lead to goals.

I'll give you that pass but he had a poor night, although not alone.

He infuriates me, never seem to get 90 mins from him, one minute will do something sublime and the next fumbling the ball out of play.

He is one of these players where at times I'd definitely take the £10m plus for him but the next day I'd refused it as I'd worry we had lost a special talent (which we haven't seen much of).

I give Hagi the most criticism in our squad.

Funny that @Tailwind and the Morelos loyal don’t seem to berate me and call me a hagi hater like they do when I criticise Morelos.

Back