Half time analysis / tv ad breaks

Lets just be glad there are no adverts through the middle of gameplay. Which will probably happen if we went to a system where the clock stops when the ball is not in play.

This worries me even though I strongly agree with stopping the clock. But they really are taking the piss with the breaks during half time now, it would be good to get a decent amount of analysis of the first half instead of 12 minutes of ads.

Lets just be glad there are no adverts through the middle of gameplay. Which will probably happen if we went to a system where the clock stops when the ball is not in play.
I remember watching footy in Italy, and they did adverts during the game. Just if the ball went out for a goal kick or the like, you'd get 5 seconds advert for something.
very odd - much prefer Sky not trying to do that, don't really care if they stack them at halftime.

I remember watching footy in Italy, and they did adverts during the game. Just if the ball went out for a goal kick or the like, you'd get 5 seconds advert for something.
very odd - much prefer Sky not trying to do that, don't really care if they stack them at halftime.
NFL is brutal as well. 60 minutes of game time is spread over 3 hours, and every time the game stops it cuts to ad breaks. So nearly 2 hours worth of adverts.

I’m quite happy with the system we have in our football.

NFL is brutal as well. 60 minutes of game time is spread over 3 hours, and every time the game stops it cuts to ad breaks. So nearly 2 hours worth of adverts.

Very different actual game and rules though
And the clock stops

That’s why you watch redzone :)

Who told you that would happen?

It doesn't happen now when the ball goes out or there's an injury so why would it change?

A few channels abroad actually use a really good system.

The adverts come on during half time but you can still watch the analysis at the same time.

Like when sky sports news goes for a break you still have the goals coming in etc

Sure but that balances out with the excellent analysis during the game from Andy Walker and Crocker.

Seriously, the two of them joking and laughing away when we are behind and transformed into the sombre mood akin to that of a death within the family as soon as we take the lead. Paid of utter, utter c*nts.

Anyone that uses...ahem...other methods of watching football matches knows that there are adverts all the time during the game when it's being broadcast in America, for example.

What I mean is if Sky/UEFA etc see an opportunity for gaining more revenue they will absolutely take it.

“As the match clock stops for this injury/penalty/water break… heres a quick word from our sponsors…” cue mid match ad break while they hold off play for 30 seconds on instruction from UEFA or broadcaster.

A few channels abroad actually use a really good system.

The adverts come on during half time but you can still watch the analysis at the same time.

Like when sky sports news goes for a break you still have the goals coming in etc
That would be a great system.

The amount of ads now are horrific. As bad as in the US.

What I mean is if Sky/UEFA etc see an opportunity for gaining more revenue they will absolutely take it.

“As the match clock stops for this injury/penalty/water break… heres a quick word from our sponsors…” cue mid match ad break while they hold off play for 30 seconds on instruction from UEFA or broadcaster.
I'd put up with that for big TV games of it done away with any incentive for almost every team to come to Ibrox and time waste from the first minute.

After all these years Sky still get Andy Walker (a footballing nobody) to commentate on our games. Don't know how much he'll get but the old adage is if you pay peanuts you get monkeys.

Counted 4 minutes of half time analysis on sky the during a 16 minute half time break with 3 long ad breaks before the second half kicked off.

Sky TV (and all subscription services) ripping fans off while raking it in through their ads as well.
ok bring back the BBC, you've convinced me.

I love watching the american adverts, generally for food or prescription drugs that had hideous side effects, always entertaining.

It’s as if they’re a commercial entity.
I get your point but that’s what pisses me off about Sky in general.

In principle you have to pay a licence to watch BBC of around £150 a year and not a single ad.

People can pay around £100 per month for Sky and we are still bombarded with constant ads.

Sky are raking it in at both ends. If they have a subscription service then why are they allowed to still have ads everywhere?

They can easily afford to have an ad free subscription service so they can provide quality in depth analysis before, during and after games.

I get your point but that’s what pisses me off about Sky in general.

In principle you have to pay a licence to watch BBC of around £150 a year and not a single ad.

People can pay around £100 per month for Sky and we are still bombarded with constant ads.

Sky are raking it in at both ends. If they have a subscription service then why are they allowed to still have ads everywhere?

They can easily afford to have an ad free subscription service so they can provide quality in depth analysis before, during and after games.
There are other ways and means….

There are other ways and means….
Oh I know mate. Personally, I bought RTV Overseas and use that for all games as by sheer coincidence I’m always in Belgium when we’re playing…

I just meant in principal that Sky charge through the nose for their service but still have ads constantly.

I love watching the american adverts, generally for food or prescription drugs that had hideous side effects, always entertaining.
Side affects include headaches, migraines, muscle aches, kidney stones, and occasional death

Back