Halliday and Katic

TPP

I cannot get my head around on any level how these players don’t start. Halliday especially has earned it and katic is a goal threat.

Even Halliday in the advanced midfield role would have given us ten times more than Davis. Sometimes you need mentality and drive over natural skill.

Borna has a wand of a left foot but give me Halliday any day of the week.

Katic I agree with but people overrate Halliday on here purely because he's a Rangers fan.

On today’s form katic should be back in for goldson , who was utterly dreadful today . Worral was actually the only defender who got pass marks for me .

Barasic has the ability , but there’s something not right with the guy , so again I’d agree with you for now Halliday must start instead of him until we get to the bottom of barasic problems .

We shouldn’t colllapse because we lose one player but ultimately thatsxwhats happening .

Of the 5 games Morelos has missed this season , we have won one . One . Tells you all you need to know .

Know fck all compared to SG but in my world Katic is miles in front of worral,he might have even got a goal today that would have made a massive difference,for me worral had a good game against the scum that's it.Katic is our player and should be getting a game for his development

On today’s form katic should be back in for goldson , who was utterly dreadful today . Worral was actually the only defender who got pass marks for me .

Barasic has the ability , but there’s something not right with the guy , so again I’d agree with you for now Halliday must start instead of him until we get to the bottom of barasic problems .

We shouldn’t colllapse because we lose one player but ultimately thatsxwhats happening .

Of the 5 games Morelos has missed this season , we have won one . One . Tells you all you need to know .

I think a Goldson has been struggling for a while now and looks a bomb scare at times.

Barisic is a shadow of the player that played against us. He looks scared to be involved - he should be up and down the line constantly. Not sure what’s going on with him

Katic I agree with but people overrate Halliday on here purely because he's a Rangers fan.

We overrate Halliday because he’s the only player who’s performed with any real consistency at LB

Both centre halves played their way out of the team today imo. Will any of them be dropped for Katic? Doubtful. I'm not even considering McAuley.
For all Halliday's faults, he can shoot from distance and will evidently give more than Coulibaly and Davis. He also looks more solid than BB at the minute.
Changes need to be made because that was unacceptable today and going by the managers comments, he's going to make a point.

What did Goldson do wrong?

I cannot get my head around on any level how these players don’t start. Halliday especially has earned it and katic is a goal threat.

Even Halliday in the advanced midfield role would have given us ten times more than Davis. Sometimes you need mentality and drive over natural skill.

I bet when you posted that you thought you would be getting like a thousand likes. Turns out you talk shite.

replace 2 defenders with 2 defenders. we never conceded today so defenders done there job its the strikers thats the problem. we need a no10. am. sorry but haliday and katic isnt the answer to todays problem

I was at a different game.
Run ragged?
They had one chance in that second half.
That plus a header from a cross.
They hit the bar? Thats three of the best chances. Goldson was trailed all over the place and worral wasn't much better. They hit us on the counter a few times in the 2nd half and we were very fortunate. That striker had plenty of pace and both were struggling to match it.

Today ? He was off the pace big time , looked injured possibly , gave the ball away , aimless punts , was outpaced twice and bailed out twice by worrall , he had a very poor game .

I’m a fan of goldson but he wasn’t at the races today , the only defender who got pass marks from me was worrall .
Like I posted earlier, I was at a different game.
I’d probably concede the loose passes but criticising him for being outpaced?
Defensively, I didn’t have too many issues.

Like I posted earlier, I was at a different game.
I’d probably concede the loose passes but criticising him for being outpaced?
Defensively, I didn’t have too many issues.

Watch the one in the first half where the st Johnstone player ran by him as if he wasn’t there and vote down on goal , saved by worrall and Wes and put out for a corner . He was poor today but as I say he may be carrying an injury .

Barasic played like a coward today, passed the buck from the first minute to the last, get him howked out the team for Wed, Goldson looks far from full fitness.

They hit the bar? Thats three of the best chances. Goldson was trailed all over the place and worral wasn't much better. They hit us on the counter a few times in the 2nd half and we were very fortunate. That striker had plenty of pace and both were struggling to match it.
The bar is the chance I was referring to.
They hit us on the counter and did next to nothing.
Other than the lad’s lob, I cannot recall me thinking we were in trouble today.

I agree with Katic , but If Halliday started today he would have made no difference, he’s not the answer.

Last edited:
Goldson does have quality bit his lack of pace for me is a concern, i just like centre backs to have a decent amount of pace.

Barasic played like a coward today, passed the buck from the first minute to the last, get him howked out the team for Wed, Goldson looks far from full fitness.
Yup,no chance will Barisic play on Wednesday or in the near future I would say given the managers statement re players waiting for others to do things rather than take responsibility. Barisic is one of biggest culprits in that

I’m missing something big time with Barisic! He doesn’t beat a man, is so one footed that it’s frightening and pretty much is a one trick pony that he recieves the ball, controls it with he sole of his foot and punts it into the box.

I really hope he proves me wrong but he’s so far flattered to deceive.

As much as I think halliday has been more than competent almost every time he had played, why should he play at attacking midfield?

I’m missing something big time with Barisic! He doesn’t beat a man, is so one footed that it’s frightening and pretty much is a one trick pony that he recieves the ball, controls it with he sole of his foot and punts it into the box.

I really hope he proves me wrong but he’s so far flattered to deceive.

One of the many players who have played well against us and we go out and sign them and they turn out to b bang average!

Nonsense, Halliday set the tone in that December match and played brilliantly, especially with what he and Kent did down that left side. He should be starting a game like today.

Goldson does have quality bit his lack of pace for me is a concern, i just like centre backs to have a decent amount of pace.
Yes, but you can’t really blame a player for somebody being just faster than him, can you?

Halliday deserves an extended run in the team, there is no doubt about that and Katic hasn’t exactly done much wrong to be left out

Goldson was all over the place today. There’s no way he was 100% fit. Which is ridiculous when we’ve got a top class young backup centre back there ready to prove himself.

I don’t rate Halliday as a left back but on recent evidence we’ll need to use him there as a stop gap until the summer when we can get a proper left back in. Barisic just doesn’t have it.

I like Katic but he wouldn’t have made a difference yesterday.
Barisic? What has happened to him from the player who played against us,is he struggling with the expectation here?

AH would have been more positive in the left back position yesterday. In a game where the backpass and lack of forward motion was the order of the day something should have been altered to change the flow of the game.

Barasic looks scared to take chances at Ibrox in fact he is not alone in that respect very few get pass marks yesterday. Kamara and Wes were the only shining lights. No leadership on that park anywhere.

If SG picks that team on Wednesday then short of miracles in the league it’s lights out for the season.

Halliday isn't for me. Outstanding in the Celtic game but we really need to stop seeing that as such a big thing. The same players have had many poor games.

I cannot get my head around not playing Katic.

We have created the square root of %^*& all since Alfie stopped out.

If you struggle to create anything in open play you must make the most of your set pieces to create opportunities.

What do we do?

We play Goldson and Worrall who have done %^*& all from set pieces all season and leave a guy who had a pretty good record for getting his head on free kicks and corners, sat on the bench.

Back