Halliday blasts Celtic fans and says Rangers legend McCoist or even Gerrard would never be abused

I think we have all vented our displeasure at times, but - essentially 5pts behind and already throwing sharks as well as their club “legends” under the bus - its honking behaviour.

We have had our fair share of protests etc but that was a shambles, and if it were Rangers, there would be a SNP investigation, new hate crime bills and the club would be vilified AGAIN!

I was done with Ally after finishing 3rd in the championship, gardening leave and his subsequent behaviour with his shares.

Ally McCoist is my hero though and I have to admit I've pretty much forgotten about all the negative stuff now. We are fickle

McCoist got plenty of abuse (online at least) about the time of his gardening leave.

Await the backlash from the celtic morons. Get your windows boarded up Andy,these animals are berserk maniacs.

Dear Andy,

The pondlife that is Lennon isn't anywhere remotely near the opposite from you. It's not the other side of the road, it could be the Atlantic, so wide is the chasm.

Stop giving succour to Rangers/Protestant hating vermin.

I was done with Ally after finishing 3rd in the championship, gardening leave and his subsequent behaviour with his shares.

Ally McCoist is my hero though and I have to admit I've pretty much forgotten about all the negative stuff now. We are fickle
I am still done with him for the reasons in the 1st paragraph of your post, but I would never be outside Ibrox in a pandemic throwing barricades/sharks at him.
I'm not fickle, I just don't want him near Ibrox the next time we win the league.

I am still done with him for the reasons in the 1st paragraph of your post, but I would never be outside Ibrox in a pandemic throwing barricades/sharks at him.
I'm not fickle, I just don't want him near Ibrox the next time we win the league.
Life is too short, mate.

And don't worry; he'll be there before you or I.

your free to your opinion but without ally McCoist in 2012/ 13 we might not have much of a club. He visibly aged years trying to hold the club together and I personally hope he is a massive parts of our next league title celebrations

It’s true the players and legends do get criticized on here from time to time, based on their performances or things they’ve said. However, it’s never as personal or OTT as we saw at the piggery. It’s a banning offence, and if anyone crosses the line they get silenced.

It’s true the players and legends do get criticized on here from time to time, based on their performances or things they’ve said. However, it’s never as personal or OTT as we saw at the piggery. It’s a banning offence, and if anyone crosses the line they get silenced.
Unless its Ian Black...

As some say.ally done a lot for us when white was lining his pockets.but he set us back 2 to 3 seasons with his football style.no surrender w.a.t.p

It’s true. There were Rangers fans at the doors of Ibrox when we went in to admin and whilst tempers were naturally high, civility remained.
I seem to recall a justified invasion of fans at the back entrance, as someone termed it at the time "it's a shame Sandy Easedale wasn't in that reception getting that banner rammed down his fat throat".

We were about to see our stadium gifted to Ashley, they are spoilt weans who can't cope with losing a game of football.

your free to your opinion but without ally McCoist in 2012/ 13 we might not have much of a club. He visibly aged years trying to hold the club together and I personally hope he is a massive parts of our next league title celebrations
And you to yours , it's what a forum is all about.

Was arguing with that Ewan Murray about it on Twitter. He was surprisingly quiet when Naismith and Gordon were on Sportscene. Halliday is an easy target.

I seem to recall a justified invasion of fans at the back entrance, as someone termed it at the time "it's a shame Sandy Easedale wasn't in that reception getting that banner rammed down his fat throat".

We were about to see our stadium gifted to Ashley, they are spoilt weans who can't cope with losing a game of football.

Any action violent or otherwise taken around that time was entirely justifiable.

I agree. If anything the restraint shown was admirable.

While it's absolutely hilarious watching the scum froth at the mouth just now, I'm not going to sit and have a go at football fans showing their frustration against a board. Fans the world over are taken for absolute mugs.

There may come a time again when action of our own is needed, so would be hypocritical to condemn it too much.

Andy wasn't born when many chanted Ally, Ally get to fck in the early/mid 80s.
And it happened on more than one occasion.
You didn't need a season in those days, walk up and pay at the gate in the Copland.
Still a very sad and unnecessary memory of my early days at Ibrox in the bad old pre Souness era.

It was all plastic hard men outside the piggery who sh*t it when the fences came down and didn’t know what to do!
All young men who probably don’t know anything but some level of success!
I would say they should be ashamed of themselves but lets be honest - they feel no shame!!

Andy wasn't born when many chanted Ally, Ally get to fck in the early/mid 80s.
And it happened on more than one occasion.
You didn't need a season in those days, walk up and pay at the gate in the Copland.
Still a very sad and unnecessary memory of my early days at Ibrox in the bad old pre Souness era.

35 years ago mate

A big difference between us and them is that we see ourselves as part of the club, they see themselves as owning their club and everyone at it needs to bow down and do what they say or there will be trouble. For example Desmond has to go into his own money and pay for a manager.

I was at the front door in 1983 after we lost to Motherwell. It was heated but never ever violent.
That was after a sustained period of four or five years of increasing failure.

This is maybe a couple of months at best after lording it over all and sundry for years, ‘winning’ NIAR as well as a run of several admittedly questionable trebles.

As we already knew, this lot simply do not have the remotest ounce of dignity or decorum and are instead governed by a chronic obsession with beating a club they still laughably try and pretend to themselves no longer exist.

That was after a sustained period of four or five years of increasing failure.

This is maybe a couple of months at best after lording it over all and sundry for years, ‘winning’ NIAR as well as a run of several admittedly questionable trebles.

As we already knew, this lot simply do not have the remotest ounce of dignity or decorum and are instead governed by a chronic obsession with beating a club they still laughably try and pretend to themselves no longer exist.
I got a right earful from the old boy, when he picked up the Sunday Mail on the Sunday morning.
"That man is a Rangers legend, who the %^*& are you to call for him to be sacked"?

Hullo Bears....first time on. I’m approved. Reading through the posts about Sunday and why the unwashed are reacting the way they are.... do yeez no think it’s the fact they are staring at LOSING to Rangers again in the league and LOSING probably the only chance they will ever have of winning 10 in a row? The lisping poets have always had bragging rights with their 67 success. Fair play to them for that. Add 10 in a row to that and they will be f#*@in unbearable!

There's a lot of 'Oranges & Lemons' (sic) being compared. Even the anti-spiv protests which I attended never came anywhere damaging property, far less violence.

Last edited:
What about the "Ally Ally get to %^*&" chant during a game he was playing in?

Did that actually happen, or is that something that has grown arms and legs over the years mate?
100% happened. I was there and signing it (much to my shame now). But at the time he was rotten.

Despite that, would I ever have considered picking up a fence (or a shark) and lobbing at him? Or even giving him abuse face-to-face? No chance.

That did happen during a cup defeat to Dundee at Ibrox.
Yes it did happen but he was hardly the legend he has become then. We had been starved of success watching terrible football apart from Davie Cooper for years. I’m not gonna excuse it but he was terrible in his first few months. Either way though it’s a totally different situation. Completely different ffs

Back