Halliday didn’t look happy

Zanderk

Official Ticketer
I noticed when Gerrard made his last substitution in coulibaly Andy Halliday got up straight away off the bench and stormed down the tunnel obviously not very happy after sitting for that whole time watching barasic having an absolute mare... I just hope there’s no fall out from this as I’m pretty sure Andy will be brought in for Wednesdays game!

He’s not a LB, he’s a midfielder. Polster who was on the bench is a LB, he’d maybe have come on before Halliday. In fact due to Barsic having a poor game he may start on Wed.

I know Halliday is not a natural left back but I think we all know he is the best option we have to play there

It Andy Halliday we're talking about here, not Paolo Maldini.
The Gaffer has been good to him, he looked finished after being mocked by them last year and has been given a new lease of life and days he never thought he'd get.

Fair enough being happy at not playing, but he'd want to remember the reason he is still there TO feature and that is down to SG.

If he did that then he should be disciplined for it. He’s more than lucky to still be at the club based on his limited ability. He’s come in and done a decent job at times this year but he’s still a mile off being a regular in a strong Rangers team. That said it’s entirely possible that he’s not done anything of the sort yesterday.

Halliday isn’t the answer at left back either, if he thinks otherwise he’s deluded.

We need to sign a left back in the summer.
We’ve just spent £2m on one 6 months ago who was outstanding against us in Europe

Can’t just keep buying more players with abandon. The problems are not always in the quality of the players but often in the system they are being asked to play in

Halliday would probably back himself as a better midfielder than Coulibaly, and he'd probably be right.

Not surprised that he would be disappointed not to get the call from the bench in either position he can play.

We’ve just spent £2m on one 6 months ago who was outstanding against us in Europe

Can’t just keep buying more players with abandon. The problems are not always in the quality of the players but often in the system they are being asked to play in

I didn’t mean go splash the cash on one to replace him. Meant more an actual natural left back who will do us a turn and push Barisic until/if he actually decides to start playing. Any replacement right now isn’t good enough.

He’s not a LB, he’s a midfielder. Polster who was on the bench is a LB, he’d maybe have come on before Halliday. In fact due to Barsic having a poor game he may start on Wed.

Polster is a right sided player. No idea where you’ve got that from.

They are being asked to play a system that the vast majority or teams in Europe play. The system is nothing to do with Barisic and Grezda not clicking yet.

It shows how far our supports standards have fallen in all these years when people want haliday in from the start.
Let's be honest here he gets by with guts n most games if he wasnt a fans favourite in my peoples eyes heed be oot the door...

We are woeful let's be trueful after 20 mins of yesterday's game I knew we went scoring...

It Andy Halliday we're talking about here, not Paolo Maldini.
The Gaffer has been good to him, he looked finished after being mocked by them last year and has been given a new lease of life and days he never thought he'd get.

Fair enough being happy at not playing, but he'd want to remember the reason he is still there TO feature and that is down to SG.

I feel very let down by Barisic after the last couple of games, but I’ve yet to see him have a game as bad as the games Halliday had at the piggery and Hampden last season, and that includes instances where he simply threw in the towel (he certainly gave in and stopped tracking a runner at Hampden in one of those humiliating defeats), so I’m always perplexed by the “at least he’ll fight” malarkey.

I’m delighted that Halliday got a second wind and he definitely shut me up, but fans have short memories, but it’ll take me a while to forget some of the horror displays I’ve seen him turn in.

Not for me

Barisic hasn’t been the same player we seen when he signed but you don’t lose ability overnight

It seems Hallidays poor performances at left back last season have conveniently been forgotten
Forget last season. Halliday has done very well on every occasion he's been called on this season. Man of the match against them. Last week at Kilmarnock he made 2 last ditch interventions that would have put us out the cup and finished the season. Then he's left out again for Barasic who had a nightmare.

I noticed when Gerrard made his last substitution in coulibaly Andy Halliday got up straight away off the bench and stormed down the tunnel obviously not very happy after sitting for that whole time watching barasic having an absolute mare... I just hope there’s no fall out from this as I’m pretty sure Andy will be brought in for Wednesdays game!
I would sincerely hope no player at our club spits the dummy at being an unused substitute.

Halliday typifies this shower. He was exceptional on Dec29th, played out his skin, set the pace and kept it going the whole match.
But, just like his teammates he reverted back to his norm in the following games. He was given his chance and abused it.
If i was the manager I'd fine him for acting like an unprofessional fanny.

Tbh if he did storm out in a mood, he should be told to pipe down.

Barisic was rubbish yesterday. However against teams who sit back, Halliday makes us even easier to defend against as he can't get up the line so Kent is doubled up on & we have to go down the 1 side constantly.

Yes Halliday has performed well beyond expectations this season but the reality is he is a limited squad player, nothing more.

Most of us didn’t look too happy at the end of the game yesterday so it is no surprise that Andy Halliday felt the same way.

The system was not at fault for barisic’s lack of application yesterday.

Forget last season. Halliday has done very well on every occasion he's been called on this season. Man of the match against them. Last week at Kilmarnock he made 2 last ditch interventions that would have put us out the cup and finished the season. Then he's left out again for Barasic who had a nightmare.

Andy has a great game on 29.12 mate, but far from MOTM in my opinion.

Halliday is a lucky boy to even make the bench . he's probably had 1 or 2 good games this season . other than that he is bang average .

Needs a boot in the arse if true

If he left and went up the tunnel because he didn’t get on then that’s ridiculous

He should think himself lucky everyday he’s at the club to be honest

Why is everyone automatically assuming that he went up the tunnel in a huff? There could be numerous reasons for it even the need for a toilet break as someone suggested.:rolleyes:
Yesterday MIGHT have been the end of our league challenge but it is NOT the end of the world!
This is just the first phase of the Gerrard era and we have to accept that without barrowloads of cash we weren't a stick on to win the league this season, although it did look for a short time like we could maybe do it. We are well on the road back, we will get there, but next season is a bit more realistic for me. Let's not be so quick to turn on the players as some of us tend to do and instead trust our management to get it right as I DO know that they know more about the game than I do. We are Rangers! We ARE the People!:))

W.A.T.P.

Why is everyone automatically assuming that he went up the tunnel in a huff? There could be numerous reasons for it even the need for a toilet break as someone suggested .:rolleyes:
Yesterday MIGHT have been the end of our league challenge but it is NOT the end of the world!
This is just the first phase of the Gerrard era and we have to accept that without barrowloads of cash we weren't a stick on to win the league this season, although it did look for a short time like we could maybe do it. We are well on the road back, we will get there, but next season is a bit more realistic for me. Let's not be so quick to turn on the players as some of us tend to do and instead trust our management to get it right as I DO know that they know more about the game than I do. We are Rangers! We ARE the People!:))

W.A.T.P.

Why would he be angry about needing a jobby?

Back