Halliday & Ferry both enthuse about Daniel Johnson

Cooper22

Got to admit I had never heard of Johnson or seen play him so was a bit underwhelmed when his name was first mentioned but Andy Halliday and Si Ferry were talking about him on their podcast and they both rate him very highly as they've played against him. They see him as a box to box midfielder but very creative, can spot a pass and has a decent goal record. I hope we get him now....

He said he is talking to a few clubs I'm sure.

I saw someone speculating that he was holding out for a move to the MLS.
My guess was he wasn't offered the right deal by Scottish clubs so decided to play chicken and hold out. A few games into a season some clubs will be much more desperate after realising they aren't very good. MLS one sounds more likely though.

I think he’s said he wanted a move to the MLS and when you factor in his bromance with Polster I think it’s quite possible it’s something he wants to try.

Halliday would canter the MLS, perfect move for him and wish him all the best.
The MLS takes a bit of a beating on here but I enjoy seeing the goals on a Sunday morning. Theres some absolute pearlers. The rest of the games must be utter dung.

Got to admit I had never heard of Johnson or seen play him so was a bit underwhelmed when his name was first mentioned but Andy Halliday and Si Ferry were talking about him on their podcast and they both rate him very highly as they've played against him. They see him as a box to box midfielder but very creative, can spot a pass and has a decent goal record. I hope we get him now....
Being an insomniac I was up at 4am and watched the Lg1 play off from a few years ago between PNE and Swindon.
Swindon had Fods in goal and Johnson played for Preston.
Based on that one game (never enough) I saw nothing of note from the boy.

Can’t picture Andy playing for another Scottish club at Ibrox.The USA would be ideal for him.

Not sure he can either.

I'm sure I read he was in talks with Hearts but the MLS would be a good move for the prime of his physical ability. Get a contract for the end of his 20s, what more could you ask for??

10 years time he'll be wanting to coach at Ibrox, I'm sure.

The MLS takes a bit of a beating on here but I enjoy seeing the goals on a Sunday morning. Theres some absolute pearlers. The rest of the games must be utter dung.
It is a terrible league. I stuck on the San Jose earthquakes game last night for the last 10 minutes. I miss watching football in person but I refuse to go to these games over here.

Back