Halliday on Harry Winks

Tony75tfc

Former Rangers defender Andy Halliday has revealed that the Scottish giants almost signed Harry Winks back in the summer of 2016.
Winks was rated highly when coming through the ranks in the Spurs academy and hit the ground running when he was handed first-team opportunities by former boss Mauricio Pochettino.

It seemed like the centre midfielder was destined for a great career with both club and country, when he put in a brilliant performance in Tottenham’s Champions League clash against Real Madrid in the Spanish capital in October 2017, but his stock has fallen considerably since then.
Winks has experienced arguably the most challenging season of his career, having struggling to get into the club’s starting eleven for large parts of the campaign under Jose Moruinho..

The 25-year-old is at risk of missing out on the England squad for this summer’s Euros, having previously been a regular Gareth Southgate’s Three Lions set-up..
Reports indicate that the Tottenham academy graduate could be on his way to La Liga this summer.

If Halliday is to be believed, Winks could have left Spurs even before making his debut, with the former Rangers man revealing that the midfielder was at the Gers’ training ground back in 2016.
He said on Open Goal’s Keeping the Ball on the Ground podcast (as relayed by The Scottish Sun): “I remember doing a warm-up and Harry Winks came in for a day. He didn’t train though.
“I think everything was agreed and he was coming anyway. He was at the training ground being shown about. He didn’t train.
“A day later, it didn’t happen. He stayed at Tottenham.”

Never mind, I’m sure he’ll win his share of silverware at Spurs

TELEMMGLPICT000178760955_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqR2jjB2gQxN_dcCvOyxbu92I4RTx8NYepAzRGtULimTw.jpeg

Back