Halliday over Shinnie

He’s not a left back really though is he?

I’d rather have Simonsen back in goal than Shinnie with some gloves on aswell.

Even a tim that I work with (He's as level headed as I've met before I get pelters) said today, why wasn't halliday in ahead of that dumpling shinnie.

Unfortunately I don't think we'll win anything with Andy playing consistently at LB.
Especially against the teams that sit in, we need a fast agressive overlapping fullback. That is not AH.
I think we'd have more points this season if we'd played Lee Wallace or kept Declan John. Both offered way more than AH. 9 times out of 10 he slows the play, passes it back or sideways.
Good cover in MF and great attitude, but I'd take Shinnie over him too.

Neither of them are a real left back and neither of them are good enough to play for Scotland in any position. Baffling that Barry Douglas wasn't even in the squad never mind the starting 11.

Unfortunately I don't think we'll win anything with Andy playing consistently at LB.
Especially against the teams that sit in, we need a fast agressive overlapping fullback. That is not AH.
I think we'd have more points this season if we'd played Lee Wallace or kept Declan John. Both offered way more than AH. 9 times out of 10 he slows the play, passes it back or sideways.

We've got one, Borna Barisic.

We won’t win anything with Halliday starting anywhere if we’re honest.

But really can’t fault him this season, rarely disappointed when called upon right from the early qualifiers to now.

Even Madonna knows:

(although her pronunciation is funny, probably because she's American).

I’d take AH as LB or CM over Shinnie every day of the week. It’s easy to do it in the big games for small teams than play for Rangers.

We have Barisic and Halliday. Shinnie not required as a full back or a midfielder. Would be a waste of money.

We won’t win anything with Halliday starting anywhere if we’re honest.

But really can’t fault him this season, rarely disappointed when called upon right from the early qualifiers to now.
Let me get this right.
We'll never win anything with Halliday starting but he's been great for us when he's played?
o_O

Let me get this right.
We'll never win anything with Halliday starting but he's been great for us when he's played?
o_O

He's had some very good games at left back and some poor ones. His last two games at left back were garbage - that good Gerrard hooked him after 45 minutes.

Neither Halliday nor Shinnie are the answer to the left back area, they couldn't look at Barišić in terms of quality.

not sure why this is even a question cos if shinnie is singed he wont be going near the LB position he will be playing centre mid.

Halliday is squad player, pure and simple.

But he 100% should remain next season. He won't let us down in any position he is needed to start/fill in for.

But shouldn't be first choice anywhere unless there is severe loss of form, other issues or injuries.

I'd argue that Barišić should be ahead of him.
So would I but my point is there are plenty of reasons why Halliday is the man to do that particular job next week and I'm quite sure most bears would be in agreement considering his displays against them in the past.
If you want 100% passion, endeavour and commitment in a blood, thunder and snotters game, Andy Halliday's your man!

Would Shinnie get in their squad never mind starting eleven? That’s what we should be focusing on, players that would get in their 11

So would I but my point is there are plenty of reasons why Halliday is the man to do that particular job next week and I'm quite sure most bears would be in agreement considering his displays against them in the past.
If you want 100% passion, endeavour and commitment in a blood, thunder and snotters game, Andy Halliday's your man!

He's had one really good game at LB against them. I've seen Halliday have nightmares playing LB at the piggery.

The Tranny army bombed out Lee Wallace because he played for Rangers.
So what would possess Andy Halliday to put his neck on the line for a totally f*cked up (organisation) collective that calls itself Scotland ?
I don't know why any rangers player with an ounce of skill would want to be associated with Scotland with the way they've treated our club. That said I would have Halliday at left back for country not club.

Neither to be honest.

Halliday - nearly every game he plays he looks as if he has had a serious injury however then makes a full recovery after the magic sponge treatment.

Shinnie - a player I always forget is playing then about 75 mins in does something decent and I get annoyed as I remember this was the game I was going to concentrate and decide if he was was any good.

I was a defender of this potential deal on the basis that he'd be good left back cover, lots of Aberdeen fans say he's a very good left back playing out of position to defend some bad performances.

Recent Scotland showing has changed my mind, he's shit and I hope he goes to Luton.

Shinnie looked like a frightened little lamb playing for Scotland.

Also, when some actuall football was required of him he was found wanting.

Latest posts

Back