Hamburg v Hertha Berlin

I don't think the ball was in Hertha's half in the first ten minutes of the game. Utterly disappointed in that result tonight. Hertha came out the traps from the very first minute of the game with the intention of blowing Hamburg away . Where as Hamburg froze like a rabbit in headlights. Fcukin annoying really fcukin annoying.

They should have went for a second or third in the first leg but they didnt. This today was so clear as the HSV team is not very good. The same like last year with Kiel against Cologne.

Another year second division for them now at least. But i for one dont give a f*ck about Hamburg to be honest so i just enjoyed another game of football.

Can’t believe they blew that win in Berlin.

That said, the gulf between Bundesliga and Bundesliga 2 is enormous.

9 times out of 10 the Bundesliga team has stayed up.

Just read it. Didn't really answer any of the questions.

Anyone know the details behind how and why they ended up like this?
Hard man to please! Probably take a Hamburg expert a while to explain. Dietmar Beiersdorfer is a name to search in google.

They ain’t won out since 1987, gradual downfall really at a guess. Just shows money don’t guarantee success.

From 2017 this but goes a bit more in to things in the last decade:

Last edited:
I watched their game last night and have watched many more of their matches over the years, and their performance last night was up there with the worst. Could not believe the amount of passes direct to the opposition and crazy defending. Big mistake by the keeper - reminds me of a goal they lost earlier this season when the goalie thought he was a sweeper and was almost at the centre circle when one of the opposition saw the chance to take a long shot from their half and score.

Need a lot of new players indeed and hopefully they will get back to winning ways, will be across in December so will take in a game and enjoy the friendship between the fans.

I watched their game last night and have watched many more of their matches over the years, and their performance last night was up there with the worst. Could not believe the amount of passes direct to the opposition and crazy defending. Big mistake by the keeper - reminds me of a goal they lost earlier this season when the goalie thought he was a sweeper and was almost at the centre circle when one of the opposition saw the chance to take a long shot from their half and score.

Need a lot of new players indeed and hopefully they will get back to winning ways, will be across in December so will take in a game and enjoy the friendship between the fans.
No Bundesliga or Bundesliga 2 matches in December mate:

Bundesliga 2 is starting mid July this season to make a bit up.

Watched game live from 80th minute and they really footered aboot when they had the ball, sometimes they had 4 up front but still passed and passed in midfield. With 6 mins added time their goalkeeper played like a defender in Berlin's midfield by this time down to 10 men but still with their dominance never breached Berlin.

I think I’ll pick out Kaiserslauterns home match V HSV and make that my German trip next season, I’ve always wanted to visit the Walter Fritz Stadion.

I think I’ll pick out Kaiserslauterns home match V HSV and make that my German trip next season, I’ve always wanted to visit the Walter Fritz Stadion.
Top Stadium, was surprised how good a drink the town was as well.

Back